2021-2022 Revelstoke Area Updates

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh wow. I guess I was way out to lunch. Thanks for clearing that up Dan. Chances are I won’t end up in it as the only time I leave the trail headed to the cabin is to cool sled down or well tracked shortcuts on way down at night.
Its not far from where you're thinking. If you dropped down that way you could end up in it.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you end up in it if you keep dropping from 4 flags? I remember being in there once and it was a helluva pull to climb out with the snow that was there that trip.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you end up in it if you keep dropping from 4 flags? I remember being in there once and it was a helluva pull to climb out with the snow that was there that trip.
You could potentially, there is multiple ways you can end up in there.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Yes you can.
But 6 flags, not 4 flags.
Yup, pretty damn sporty on those deep days.

Your gonna have to come riding with us Ken to get your bearings and names back in order..
BWHAAAA!

Sucks getting old eh!
I know the feeling. LOL

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes you can.
But 6 flags, not 4 flags.
Yup, pretty damn sporty on those deep days.

Your gonna have to come riding with us Ken to get your bearings and names back in order..
BWHAAAA!

Sucks getting old eh!
I know the feeling. LOL
Yeah it’s been probably 15 years since we were in 6 flags. With every decade you lose 2 flags. In five more years I will remember it as 2 flags lol!

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Still to damn cold for any decent riding.
Temp at the cabin at 7:20 today is -28.....On the flip side. Not a cloud in site.
Vroom, Vroom. Lets hit it it!
There is some pockets out there but the holiday crew the main areas are beaten down.
Snow below 1600M is a crap shoot. Lots of alders and willows. Tons of hazzards to make your day terrible.

Front lot was a ghost town yesterday and back lot 3/4 full.
Lots of folks we have talked to are just heading home early.

Really need a good refresh and warmer temps before I would ever spend the high priced cash for a trip for a bit.

Last edited:

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its come full circle now as people want to ride with the " older" guys now, is Lilduke and Maxwell considered old now? Lol My group I am not sure if they WANT to ride with me or they feel Obligated. Long as they have fun with my antics and I with theirs it's all good. Show them how it is done Sno pro!!!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its come full circle now as people want to ride with the " older" guys now, is Lilduke and Maxwell considered old now? Lol My group I am not sure if they WANT to ride with me or they feel Obligated. Long as they have fun with my antics and I with theirs it's all good. Show them how it is done Sno pro!!!

I wouldnt say im old, but not 20 any more either lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Revelstoke snowmobile club wants you to report caribou sightings.

I have a better idea: shoot, shovel and shut up...

20211231_114054.jpg

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know what good could possibly come from spotting them on lets say boulder, then reporting that to the caribou police?

Sounds like a good way to get areas shut down.
Government tells them to do this , it's compliance

If no one says ch!t , then no biggie

Years and years ago , the heard was always on Boulder going down the bull pen

Seen them more there than Frisby lol

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Government tells them to do this , it's compliance

If no one says ch!t , then no biggie

Years and years ago , the heard was always on Boulder going down the bull pen

Seen them more there than Frisby lol
Maybe they need to look at the Yellowstone model? They have now decided after doing studies since 2013 that wildlife is not affected by motorized vehicles so they have now have opened up the park to sledding again. They found that wildlife would look to see what the noise was and then go back to what they were doing. Revelstoke needs to do the same thing.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe they need to look at the Yellowstone model? They have now decided after doing studies since 2013 that wildlife is not affected by motorized vehicles so they have now have opened up the park to sledding again. They found that wildlife would look to see what the noise was and then go back to what they were doing. Revelstoke needs to do the same thing.

Yes the Yellowstone situation is some good news but there are still a ton of restrictions. I’m pretty sure all sleds still need to be on the approved list…all 4 strokes…no 2 strokes. I went on the government website a few days ago…maybe it hasn’t been fully updated but there were a lot of restrictions.

Top Bottom