Riding at the lake (3rd addition)

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry Marek, that one 9 degree day really did us in, the snow on the lake is all gone, the snow did stay in the bush so we have a base but it's thin.
The big thing is we have good safe ice to cross the lake, I was measuring 8 to 10 inches from blk 14 beach to the far side in the narrows
See u on the trails
Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well folks no new snow this week, but the the ice is going to be safe this year, there is a foot where I have been testing. At this time I haven't seen any over flow but that usually comes with a heavy snow fall. I was out to the north end of the creek at the STEEL bridge, it is open around the bridge so use caution in that area. The north end of the lake looks good, but as usual it is open in the area's that I know in the past have been thin. Stay off the creek for a while, please.
The last few weeks we have had some hellish winds in the Long lake area, if you are venturing out don't forget a saw you will need it, the burn area's are a mess, you will get your exercise.
We will get some snow here very soon, so the first sledders remember all the fences are still up so don't go pinned when you are out in the grazing reserve.

And FINALLY for the biggest A$$ Hole that had to knock the windows out of the Ghost cabin just north of Hanmore Lake, may you get nothing but a lump of coal in your sock this Christmas. I have been visiting that place since the early 80's and now it is a place that gives us all a tarnished name.

See you on the trails
Don:d

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well folks no new snow this week, but the the ice is going to be safe this year, there is a foot where I have been testing. At this time I haven't seen any over flow but that usually comes with a heavy snow fall. I was out to the north end of the creek at the STEEL bridge, it is open around the bridge so use caution in that area. The north end of the lake looks good, but as usual it is open in the area's that I know in the past have been thin. Stay off the creek for a while, please.
The last few weeks we have had some hellish winds in the Long lake area, if you are venturing out don't forget a saw you will need it, the burn area's are a mess, you will get your exercise.
We will get some snow here very soon, so the first sledders remember all the fences are still up so don't go pinned when you are out in the grazing reserve.

And FINALLY for the biggest A$$ Hole that had to knock the windows out of the Ghost cabin just north of Hanmore Lake, may you get nothing but a lump of coal in your sock this Christmas. I have been visiting that place since the early 80's and now it is a place that gives us all a tarnished name.

See you on the trails
Don:d

Ghost cabin?? you mean Louie Bartels house??

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Folks this time last year we had about a foot of snow on the ground, it was only feathers but it was still snow. Now I don't want to sound desperate but we need everyone out there to start beating the drums and get the snow dance going, my prediction for riding at the lake has gone out the window and I'm looking bad.
Sooooo now get at it OK.
See you on the trails SOOOON
Don:thumbsup2:

:happyholidayswreath

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is all your fualt DON. If you had not bought the tracks and made the groomer we would have 3 ft of snow out here :)

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Mark
That dosen't make me feel any better.
But I have big shoulders I will take the blame on this one!! lol
C U on the trails
Don :cool:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
photo-7.JPG Well I was out doing a little tracking yesterday, you know there is enough snow to go for a snowmobile ride. If a guy was to take is easy you could go. The nuggets are visable so you wouldn't do too much damage. The lake is lean but the bush is not bad, I have seen less snow out here many times and have still gone, mind you the paddles on our tracks back then were about 3/4 of an inch and we had fan cooled sleds but we still went.
It's up to you guys.
I've been on the trails having fun
Don :)

Last edited:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well folks I would like to wish all a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year.
As you can see in the pic above the snow is pretty thin. But remember where we live it's coming very soon, be patient.
See you on the trails
Don:)

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
025.jpg 027.jpg 026.jpg

Well folks
It's the 14th of January and I can tell you it's ok to go for a ride At The Lake. There is about a foot of snow in the bush, the open areas are poor but if you go easy and watch for the rocks it should be ok. I was out and did a little grooming today, and froze even in the cab, that wind is really cool.

See you on the trails

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
O K Folks
Whats going on! it's snowing hard here at the lake, about a cm an hour, so in real terms that means we have picked up about 3 inches this morning and it's still given it.
Keep beaten those drums guys.
See you on the trails
Don
:clap2::i_need_snow:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys, we ended up with about 4 inches, not bad for a start, I will head out tomorrow and do a little more grooming, one of the neighbours stopped by and says the groomed trails are great. Good to hear, hope everyone thinks the same.
See u on the trails
Don
:)

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
016.jpg 006.jpg 013.jpg

Well folks I was out on sunday for a little ride, as you can see it's not the deep stuff we have had over the last few years but it will have to do.
It was nice to see some Canadiana on the trail as well, it was bigger than my Rhino.
See you on the trails
P.S. Tried to get him to pull the drag, nothing doing.

Last edited:

09m1000le

Reaction score
Any more snow out at good old long lake. Was out last Sunday am was not bad to go for a quick rip mite come out again tomorrow

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
The snow conditions at the lake are still pretty good, The rain we got last sunday did take it it down a bit . The trails that I have been grooming are nice but the snow is firm and it might be a bit hard on the sliders. You can never win!
I will get out on my sled this weekend for the first time and see what it's like out there

See you on the trails
Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
photo-7.jpg Hi Folks
well I was out today and put on 90 km, I must admit I do good work, the trails that are groomed are great, they need more snow now but can't do anything about that.
The conditions today were fantastic, travelled on both the big pipe lines,it's like riding in the pickup it's so smooth. The line coming up from Waskatenau has about 6 tracks on it, and the main line from Boyle to Smoky is great also. If you had been thinking of coming out, do it.

PL 72, most people stage at the store just off of hwy 831. No trail pass required

See you on the trail
Don

Last edited:

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode the lake Sunday:sled1: and had a blast, Don we rode some of the trails you groomed Great job - thanks:thumbsup2:.

Top Bottom