Riding at the lake (3rd addition)

jimmyjambo

Reaction score
Don, how does one get to the groomed trails from Skelton lake? Will be coming from the shore line entrance if that makes sense.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi. Can't say. I haven't been north of figure lake. The snow in Boyle is pretty thin Don

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still enough snow on the pipelines to keep the bigger track sleds cool?Need to put some miles on a fresh motor.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was east of Boyle to day coming in on 663, like I was saying it is pretty thin, coming from Skeleton Lake area you will have to pick and choose your way south. I can tell you if you make to the Figure lake pumpingstation it's gooood.
Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
This thread has been pretty quiet lately, well I can add a little today, 3 inches of feathers over night and its still snowing.
Now get the drums beating again and we could get a foot
See u on the trails
Don

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you by chance head north on the pipeline snap a pic for me. Maybe next weekend we can hook up on the pipeline.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
002.jpg 001.jpg Well Folks
We didn't do too bad last weekend, must have picked up 4 to 5 inches of the white stuff. The warm weather during this week packed it down so the base is good. The weatherman will co operate on saturday and give us some more snow and we could get a great end of the season run. I haven't done any grooming, been down with a nasty cold for the last week.
So we may see you on the trails
Don
PS Here's us on the pipe line last week, see no one ever believes me, when I tell them there's snow at "The Lake",
This one's for you Catpride. Also we road groomed trails from the lake almost to here. :cool:

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stuck up north in the bush for another week, is it true that it's snowing at the lake again????

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
I got out today for the first time in a couple weeks, you gota love cold and flu season, well the snow out here is pretty darn good, we don't have two feet but, no body does east of the Rockies. I groomed for about four hours today, things are good at the lake. Oh, now I know what other groomer guys feel when their fresh groomed trail gets nailed by a quad. Oh well they need to have fun too.
I here the city got about eighteen inches, we got two. The clubs members near the city will be jumping for joy.

See you on the trails
Don:cool:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well folks
We were promised snow this week by the weatherman, well it didnt happen. The conditions are good, come on out for a ride.
See you on the trails
Don:cool:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Was out grooming today, there has to be way over a foot on the side of the trails, we have got about 6 inches in the last week, and it was snowing all morning while I was grooming.
I don't know how many more days we have so you all better get out and give it , the forecast for next weekend is + 9 . I know I will be out for at least a 80 k ride tomorrow.

PS If there is any Cross Country skiers out there that would like a track layed in around the lake, give me a shout. My neighbour out here got in behind my groomer today when I was crossing the lake and said this thing puts down a great XC track . The lake is smooth right now and would be an easy couple of hours to go around the lake

See you on the trails
Don

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Was out grooming today, there has to be way over a foot on the side of the trails, we have got about 6 inches in the last week, and it was snowing all morning while I was grooming.
I don't know how many more days we have so you all better get out and give it , the forecast for next weekend is + 9 . I know I will be out for at least a 80 k ride tomorrow.

PS If there is any Cross Country skiers out there that would like a track layed in around the lake, give me a shout. My neighbour out here got in behind my groomer today when I was crossing the lake and said this thing puts down a great XC track . The lake is smooth right now and would be an easy couple of hours to go around the lake

See you on the trails
Don

All that posting on Grooming Talk in the cross country ski section is softeneing your head DON. Just kidding Ski trail????? Really????

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

See you on the trails
Don

Was out riding with the kids yesterday and the snow is decent, 16" plus in the bush. Deep in the ditch by the yard to. Put the truck in the ditch pssin around and had to put the chains on to get out, kids think the old man is nuts!

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Folks I was out on Sunday, for, "the best ride ever" that's what I was told by the folks that I was with. Any way it was pretty good. I LIKE GROOMED TRAILS .It's been a lot of work to get the trails smooth, but the learning curve this year was not too steep, When I'm out there putting along you see so much more, it's quite nice. The snow down in the thorhild grazing reserve, and the area towards the Big pipe line is great.

Yes Glen there is life after Snowmobiling, and that just might be XC Skiing.:winkmsn:
See you on the trails
Don

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well Folks I was out on Sunday, for, "the best ride ever" that's what I was told by the folks that I was with. Any way it was pretty good. I LIKE GROOMED TRAILS .It's been a lot of work to get the trails smooth, but the learning curve this year was not too steep, When I'm out there putting along you see so much more, it's quite nice. The snow down in the thorhild grazing reserve, and the area towards the Big pipe line is great.

Yes Glen there is life after Snowmobiling, and that just might be XC Skiing.:winkmsn:
See you on the trails
Don

No skiing for those old knees. Groom Mr groom

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well lets call this snowmobile year done, the snow was lean but ok, the grooming went well, lots of nice comments from folks I met on the trail.
Took the tracks off the Rhino, that went well and no marks or scars that should give me problems starting next season. I did pull all the caps off the bearings and all were dry and in like new condition. Seems like Camoplast was the way to go.
So everyone that reads this crazy thread have a safe and happy summer, I get my new knee in a couple of months so I should be good to go for next fall. I will admit I enjoyed grooming more than riding the sled, go figure.
See you on the trails this summer
Don:snowmobilers_wave::cool:

Top Bottom