How fast can your life change?

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Happy holidays guys! Still amazes me how much support I'm getting from you guys on here, really is a big family. If anyone's riding over the holidays, carve some fresh pow up for me will ya?? I got a long wait to be able to do it myself lol. Merry Christmas everyone, stay safe out there!

titzm8

Reaction score
Thnx for sharing Kyle, definitely an eye opener for every mountain sledder. Glad you're doing better and have a speedy recovery man! Merry Christmas!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I almost think that there should be a line of fence/warning posts there,,, kinda like the Chappell cliff.

???

motomike450r

Reaction score
Thank You for sharing your story. I hope you recover well. And as mentioned alot on here I have also repacked my bag to include my bigger first aid kit (the three band aids and electrical tape didn't seem sufficient after thinking about it). Get well soon!!!!!

Broncit48

Reaction score
Your story hit me pretty hard. On November 22nd, My step dad and I were heading out on our first ride of the year to hunters range. I was so exited to be back on my sled. A little to excited. We unloaded and started up the trail. About 1 km up the hard packed road, I decided to try to get a little fresh snow on to the track and sliders. As soon as I had both skies in the foot of fresh on the side, I hit something underneath immediately send me into the ditch. I quickly counter steered and gave good amount of throttle to get the sled back on its edge but it was to late. I couldn't get my weight transferred quick enough. I panicked and gave it even more throttle. that's all I remember. My dad was following and said I hit the tree at about 40 km/h. Luckily the day before I was fiddling with my adjustable riser and forgot to tighten it so it folded forward on impact. Managed to walk away with bruised ribs, a sprained wrist and a sore neck. Sled is wrecked and my winter is over before it even started. Just goes to show how quickly sh*t can go south. Even though I don't feel your pain physically , I feel it Emotionally. Hope u get well soon buddy and shred the pow next year like me!

Ps: wish I could figure out how to post pictures

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 237

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There certainly has been some interesting stories shared on this thread! Thanks for all the support guys!!

That is a good idea tho about the warning fence!

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There certainly has been some interesting stories shared on this thread! Thanks for all the support guys!!

That is a good idea tho about the warning fence!

That's irony of life. What drives us is unknown, the unsafe. Until someone drives through and proves a new opening nobody thinks it possible. To feel on the edge is to feel alive. To feel out of control but yet in control is the same as feeling ten foot tall.

I lead my life with the words

"Have no limits, live in your limits"

Kyle your accident will bring many many people an incite to what can happen if you let your guard down. Not to say your not a smart individual but the same as anybody who travels the backcountry and takes a risk to feel alive.

Myself, I love the rush and seek it as much as I can but as I age the drive is slower. I think what I got away with and wonder why I'm here to talk about it.

I'm glad you will survive your injury. Hope to meet you someday and hope everyone can take something from your misery.

Get well soon

Last edited:

getoan

Reaction score
Good too see your on the mend Kyle. The kids and I saw your sled go over town on the leash when they got it off the mtn. Kids learned a valuable lesson this year, ride safe everyone

Top Bottom