Look out Polaris and Cat!!

TravisFader

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as i said, its not what you ride as much as how you ride it. a 150 hp sled vs a 180 hp sled will go where evr the 180 sled will go as long as the rider knows what hes doing, just might take a little longer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats funny, I had some shims built in my old zx steering post to shim the bars forward, and the first time I rode the M series sled It felt identical, except the bars stayed flat and didnt dip.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^ Lets all hold hands and buy the same sled so no one can out climb each other lol, kind of a ridiculous post, I think ill keep trying to out climb my buddies, good thing riders make or break a sled of any brand. How can a post of a possilbe new sled coming out get LennyR all twisted up and letting his internet aggression out at maxwell. lol Just to keep this wicked awesome thread going I've never seen a stock M 8 out climb a stock xp. Oh well maybe next year cat wont run a chassis that was built back in 04 and things will be different. (so long ago its hard to remember)

twisted up, and internet aggression, thats funny , check your mirror pal.

And don't feel bad about not seeing things that regularly happen on the hill, I had goggles that fogged up all the time like that also. It was a bugger LOL.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless that same rider takes that 20 horse sled a 100 feet higher. lol

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is what I've heard.

866 called a 900 with 180 hp. The motor is already in one shop near here but no ECM until Jan 17th.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds cool, dont worry LennyR, Im not upset at all you guys make me laugh.
Maxwells special sled haha

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brand bashing is just plain lame, did you design and build your sled? Nope you walked into a store with a handfull of cash or a credit rating and bought one, could've been anybody in any store or any brand and it doesn't make you special. Maybe you bought a few performance items and bolted them on, that doesn't make your sled the best or lessen the lame factor. If you hand built your sled then brag, if you worked out really hard and got as light as possible then brag, if you ride a lot and work on improving your riding skills then by all means brag or if you work for a major brand you may have the right to bash the others but to bash a brand just cause you bought the competing brand is infantile. All of todays sleds are way better than anything we had 10 years ago and are all fun. Rant over.. Merry Christmas all.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha. I love watchin the brand wars .. To funny. It dont matter what you ride, if you get it set-up well and are comfortable on it it'll be amazing what you can do with the sled no matter what brand. I love my M1000 and it works well, do i wish they were lighter yes. Do i want to give up the reliablility of mine no.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:smiliestirthepot:
Brand bashing is just plain lame, did you design and build your sled? Nope you walked into a store with a handfull of cash or a credit rating and bought one, could've been anybody in any store or any brand and it doesn't make you special. Maybe you bought a few performance items and bolted them on, that doesn't make your sled the best or lessen the lame factor. If you hand built your sled then brag, if you worked out really hard and got as light as possible then brag, if you ride a lot and work on improving your riding skills then by all means brag or if you work for a major brand you may have the right to bash the others but to bash a brand just cause you bought the competing brand is infantile. All of todays sleds are way better than anything we had 10 years ago and are all fun. Rant over.. Merry Christmas all.

im not brand bashing im speaking from experience :smiliestirthepot:

i almost bought a cat last year

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always laugh at these threads, I'm opposite most people, lots of people call me a brand Wh*re I've owned, cat, snow checked a dragon that did not show up so I bought a xp doo, and yamaha, they all had there high points all had there low points, ski doo jumps,is nimble and handles like my dirt bike, artic cat flat footed stuck to the ground, polaris extreamly nice to ride, yamaha......Well nothing for stock but very realible for boost. I get on a XP and quite enjoy riding, I hop on a cat and feel like a dough head humpin a door handle, so me on a xp goes way higher then me on a cat. anyway I hope ski doo does come out with something big that would be a great. Oh and not sure how much truth is to this next statement but was talking to a fairly reputal sled builder who dynoed a brand new completly stock Cat 800, doo 800, and poo 800 HP#s were a fair bit lower then the 160 that is being tossed around, he was saying more like 130 to 138 being the highest out of the three

anyway back to the brand bashing

my Yamaha will out boost a 110lb guy lifting his 280lb girlfriend over the fence at sizzler

MWatts

Reaction score
rumors that cat will have a january release of a new chasis? And a new motor being built in house? Said it was supposed to be 420 dry, and over 165 hp.

2012.jpg

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rumors that cat will have a january release of a new chasis? And a new motor being built in house? Said it was supposed to be 420 dry, and over 165 hp.

2012.jpg

looks like a spaceship, probably still go for one, but I like the newest cats looks more than the rest just due to the fact I thought they still had a classic sled look unlike the polaris and doos, as for 180 hp stock etec, will be interesting to see, if the bearings hold up could even convince me back into a scud:d

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

2012.jpg

There is absolutely NO WAY That cat will do a january release of a new chasis. The reason being is that next year is there 50th anniversary so why would they release it early just before there 50th. Dont make sense.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is absolutely NO WAY That cat will do a january ayrelease of a new chasis. The reason being is that next year is there 50th anniversary so why would they release it early just before there 50th. Dont make sense.

I agree but to announce it in jan would be a 50th thing. That sled looks awsome!!! Maybe a limited release. That setup looks light maybe even in the polaris area. With 160 + horse look out!!

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo has been testing a new motor for about two years and it will not be called a 1000, it is in the range of a 986. They do not want to associate with the 1000 of which some did indeed have their quirks. This rumor comes directly from an Alberta dealer last year. Doo is in no hurry to release until they are bumped out of #1 in sales. Sucks how we get the short end of the stick from our tax funded Canadian Company. I have been a doo guy all my life but unless something new comes out from doo or they fix the POS 800 crank bearing design my next new sled will be a Cat. Hurt to say that!:d A 1000 HO Cat or a bigger unproven doo. Will be a tough call come snow check time???????????????????????

Liked what you saw this weekend eh? ;)

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All 2011 model 800 cc TWO STROKE sleds are great, 95 % rider, 5 % sled....buy from the local dealer that treats you the best.......ask an expert level rider for advise on technique and ride your but off....

Couldn't agree more. Rider is 95% what makes a sled. It's like skiing....lots of equipment available, but the best equipment won't necessarliy make you the best skier.

I have seen awsome riders on crappy equipment make guys sitting on the latest and greatest all red faced and wanting to go home to pout.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. Rider is 95% what makes a sled. It's like skiing....lots of equipment available, but the best equipment won't necessarliy make you the best skier.

I have seen awsome riders on crappy equipment make guys sitting on the latest and greatest all red faced and wanting to go home to pout.

yep totally agree

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would love to see 180hp out of the etec, but would rather see a better clutch setup on them to get the power to the ground, I was suprised how the etec compared to the 2011 M and the 2011 pro over the weekend, for being leader in power it wasn't exactly impressive. Mind you all stock as stock can be, it was a good comparison.

Hope cat is on to something, but lets hope its not just a stretched racer and then call it a mtn sled. M chassis really handles well now, whatever they do they will have to be careful not to take a step backwards in the handling dept. As far as I heard it would be same motor in diff. chassis for time being until the switch to them making their own motor.

Top Bottom