valemount cops bored again so lets pick on some sledders again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.
VCTV has the answers for just about everything.

We actually did do a couple real interviews with Vinnie from Alpine and a sledder from Edmonton named, Peter. It's in Episode 60 here near the beginning:
www.vctv.ca

I like the give and take of this forum. There's more depth than I would have anticipated.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Thanks for the feedback.

HMMMMMM, YOU MUST HAVE MAXWELL HELPING YOU OUT THERE, IF YOU HAVE THE ANSWERS FOR EVERYTHING........ ;)

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.

We actually did do a couple real interviews with Vinnie from Alpine and a sledder from Edmonton named, Peter. It's in Episode 60 here near the beginning:
www.vctv.ca

I like the give and take of this forum. There's more depth than I would have anticipated.

I should of seen this episode first before I watched the spoof, it was hard to take it serious at first when I thought we were being made fun of on here.
All I have to say is well done!!!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I don't care who you are........ that right there is funny......

very dramatized and effectively plays down some very legitimate complaints but funny as hell none the less.....

Reaction score
I should of seen this episode first before I watched the spoof, it was hard to take it serious at first when I thought we were being made fun of on here.
All I have to say is well done!!!

Make no mistake Caper11, you ARE being made fun of.
We're equal opportunity at VCTV.
There's a clause in our broadcast agreement.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make no mistake Caper11, you ARE being made fun of.
We're equal opportunity at VCTV.
There's a clause in our broadcast agreement.
Well I take Back what I said than for a job well Done, if I'm going to be being personally attacked.
I agree with EVERYTHING!! Both Peter And Vinny Said In the interview and have not changed my opinion on the matter. You guys did the interview and there are alot of people including myself thinking the same way Peter is.

700WFO

Reaction score
We are going to try and get a Dummied Down version of the Alberta and BC traffic laws as they refer to hauling trailers to more sledders can be aware of the rules and differences between provinces.
As it is today, the law is the law and you (we the sledding community) need to abide by them or expect fines or your trailer seized and towed.

Have been scanning through all the posts on this subject, and would like to comment on a couple things. As a former BC'er, I was travelling back to the Okanogan for a family get together on Feb 25th. When approaching the scale before the Hwy16/5 intersection north of Valemount, I noticed an RCMP roadblock of flashing lights. Upon approach, it became very clear that the only target was any vehicle carrying/towing sleds. All other vehicles were simply waved through. I put it off to a search for stolen sleds as reported in the news before. However, two hours later south of Blue River, again coming across another RCMP roadblock, I spent a little more time in the line waiting to get through and noticed something very different. While the target remained somewhat the same, any vehicle carrying/towing sleds was pulled over to a very thorough inspection, the subtle difference became apparent to me. Of the 11 vehicles in front of me, 7 either had sleds on decks or in trailers. Of those 7 sledders, 3 had BC plates and got waved through, all of the Alberta plated vehicles got pulled over. Scanning the multitude (16 -18) of pulled over vehicles, I was somewhat troubled to see nothing but Alberta plates on everyone in the check point. I found this troubling because of other instances I have encountered when camping in the summer in BC. Staying in campgrounds that I have frequented for more than 30 years with never a problem, I have experienced from subtle differences, to extreme arrogance that I am an Albertan from my licence plate (over 9 years now). I can't help but feel embarrased about this, I know it's not the majority of thought out there, but I still can't come to grips with such a shocking reality! I know now why the phrase is so true, "BC, Bring Cash", all I can figure is that there isn't enough openings in the "Number 1" BC industry, and those rejects are jealous (of Alberta's wealth), and will do anything they can to get some of that wealth. Why is there such a disparity between provinces? Within a country? Why am I embarrased to say that I was a BC'er? Let's keep an open mind, with an open heart, like the open prairies! Jealous people beware! We can show you a better way through understanding and compassion, tollerance and guidance, by becoming your friend. Wars are created by anger, peace created happiness, and we all have one common goal........doing what makes us happy!

LIVE, LOVE, And SLED OFTEN

freakshow12

Reaction score
its nice being from sask. me and murminator used our wit and dodged the fuzz all weekend. had a great time and enjoyed meeting all the great people. cant wait for next year and I will not be known as the guy with the short sled next year. lol

tranquillicer

Reaction score
So maybe before this thread dies a slow death someone can shed some light on the fate of the hard earned dollars that are used to pay these fines. My feelings are that this money does not go towards paving streets in Valemount or Blue River or any other town in BC. They are not squandered away on a staff xmas party at Depot in Regina or that some constables daughter is getting a free pass at university because her parent/s were over zealous with a ticket book on the side of the highway near Valemount.
The goal here would be to inforce the laws in place to make our roads safer for everyone, not to pad the pockets of any local community...which I doubt could happen through traffic fines. I think we are all obligated to be aware of the rules of the roads and if we are not prepared to do some "due diligence" and become aware of those rules, then be prepared to part with some cash.
The police involved with this blitz targeting sledders are not likely enjoying their stint on the side of a highway for hours on end any more than someone forced to wait to be inspected, but more likely are doing exactly what they have been instructed to do by their boss. If they fail to do this then they are not doing their job and why should they put their job at risk for someone who is not willing to learn and/or respect the rules of the roads?
Learn the laws and obey them or suffer the consequences....pretty simple me thinks!!!!!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So maybe before this thread dies a slow death someone can shed some light on the fate of the hard earned dollars that are used to pay these fines. My feelings are that this money does not go towards paving streets in Valemount or Blue River or any other town in BC. They are not squandered away on a staff xmas party at Depot in Regina or that some constables daughter is getting a free pass at university because her parent/s were over zealous with a ticket book on the side of the highway near Valemount.
The goal here would be to inforce the laws in place to make our roads safer for everyone, not to pad the pockets of any local community...which I doubt could happen through traffic fines. I think we are all obligated to be aware of the rules of the roads and if we are not prepared to do some "due diligence" and become aware of those rules, then be prepared to part with some cash.
The police involved with this blitz targeting sledders are not likely enjoying their stint on the side of a highway for hours on end any more than someone forced to wait to be inspected, but more likely are doing exactly what they have been instructed to do by their boss. If they fail to do this then they are not doing their job and why should they put their job at risk for someone who is not willing to learn and/or respect the rules of the roads?
Learn the laws and obey them or suffer the consequences....pretty simple me thinks!!!!!

Don't be silly, all cops and DOT HATE sledders! They're jealous of people with money and spend their whole careers targeting us just to make our lives miserable. The money goes to a slush fund that pays out bonuses to the officer that makes the largest number of folks that " just didn't know it was illegal" the most miserable.......Don't be so naive!

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
You mean the article at the 2 minute mark?

Exactly why?? because they voiced their opinion?

Kinda sad.

No because the hotlink didn't work and the valeshire guy posted it also so I deleted MY post cause it didn't work but others replied before I deleted it.......so it was kinds sad huh? If it would make you happy I can repost the exact same video and you can skip ahead to the 2min mark with the interview with Alpine

Reaction score
Well I take Back what I said than for a job well Done, if I'm going to be being personally attacked.
I agree with EVERYTHING!! Both Peter And Vinny Said In the interview and have not changed my opinion on the matter. You guys did the interview and there are alot of people including myself thinking the same way Peter is.

ahh gee, I guess I can't please everyone. Can't say I didn't try, making fun of intellectuals, the mayor and police too. It was a lot of work to mock everyone.
What about Snowmobile Day? Do I get any credit for that? You watch next February the mayor will declare it on family day weekend, I'm sure.
Valeshire Crying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom