valemount cops bored again so lets pick on some sledders again

Status
Not open for further replies.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahh gee, I guess I can't please everyone. Can't say I didn't try, making fun of intellectuals, the mayor and police too. It was a lot of work to mock everyone.
What about Snowmobile Day? Do I get any credit for that? You watch next February the mayor will declare it on family day weekend, I'm sure.
Valeshire Crying
please tell us more about V-Day....lol.

your Valeshire video was well done, bravo!

to everyone that was complaining about tickets and being singled out, you know why they targeted sledders right? because they knew there would be violations. this topic has been beat to death on here for the last 3 years at least, anyone that is a forum member should know very well what they are stopping you for, and there is absolutely no excuse for getting a ticket other than you neglected your responsibility in keeping YOUR equipment in proper operating condition. I would think the RCMP would like nothing more than to not hand out a single ticket, because that would mean thier message has been received, and actions have been taken to ensure your weekend would be memorable for the sledding and not the ticket you got for your unmaintained equipment/securement violations. I am embarassed at the fact that it is even a topic for discussion in Valemount, why should the businesses have to talk to anyone about the harassment?

flame away.....

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I tried befriending a Valemount RCMP officer once.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

2 RIDGEBACKS

Reaction score
Don't be silly, all cops and DOT HATE sledders! They're jealous of people with money and spend their whole careers targeting us just to make our lives miserable. The money goes to a slush fund that pays out bonuses to the officer that makes the largest number of folks that " just didn't know it was illegal" the most miserable.......Don't be so naive!
so sledders have money???? most are financed to the eyeballs:d

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
None of the breakway batteries I have run across are wired to charge off the vehicle. Agree on the proper maintenance, but in an Alberta winter the cold and salt can limit that in a hurry:eek:

you need to be seeing a mechanic right now then.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think its designed to keep the trailer tracking straight behind the truck if it pops off the hitch and is dragging by chains. makes sense. if your trailer comes totally loose and the brakes are on its going to make just as big of mess as if there were no brakes possibly even worse who knows. but if its dragging by the chains at least it will be managable.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, i'm not wanting to have the experience at any time. but prefer trailer brakes working, saw a truck trailer tire, go by once. not a thrill you want to have.

mountain_tamer

Reaction score
Not sure if this was addressed already but hauling extra fuel is not illegal, as long as its not over a certain amount.

We travel to the US all the time drag racing and we carry extra fuel for the race vehicle down with us and have never had any issues with it even crossing the hoover dam.

And yes we may be able to save some money buying fuel in Alberta but there are guys that run race fuel and need to bring their own with them.

So this is my .02 on this if I ever got pulled over and they gave me a ticket for hauling extra fuel they would be going to court over that.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
not sure if this was addressed already but hauling extra fuel is not illegal, as long as its not over a certain amount.

We travel to the us all the time drag racing and we carry extra fuel for the race vehicle down with us and have never had any issues with it even crossing the hoover dam.

And yes we may be able to save some money buying fuel in alberta but there are guys that run race fuel and need to bring their own with them.

So this is my .02 on this if i ever got pulled over and they gave me a ticket for hauling extra fuel they would be going to court over that.

if i remember correctly, you're only allowed 20l of fuel in a proper container, inside an enclosed trailer........and the container must be strapped down properly.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this was addressed already but hauling extra fuel is not illegal, as long as its not over a certain amount.

We travel to the US all the time drag racing and we carry extra fuel for the race vehicle down with us and have never had any issues with it even crossing the hoover dam.

And yes we may be able to save some money buying fuel in Alberta but there are guys that run race fuel and need to bring their own with them.

So this is my .02 on this if I ever got pulled over and they gave me a ticket for hauling extra fuel they would be going to court over that.

the only problem with that is 9 out of 10 times the ticket is less than what it will cost a guy to go to court, lost wages, travel, hotels if necessary, meals etc. so most guys just biotch about it and pay. fuggers.

mountain_tamer

Reaction score
if i remember correctly, you're only allowed 20l of fuel in a proper container, inside an enclosed trailer........and the container must be strapped down properly.

We carry a 50gal drum of race fuel with us no matter where we go racing and we have never had any issues with that its when you start carrying over 100 gallons of fuel with you that they start to get a little leary about it but we have still never gotten in trouble for it.

We strap the 50 gal drum down to keep it from smashing the front of the race vehicle.

We used to carry all the fuel in jerry cans just for ease of refueling the vehicle up between rounds and still have had no issues.

Yes that is very true that people cant waste time and work to go and fight their tickets and I think they know that so that may be why they are a little more free in giving them out....

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nope your allowed up to 450l total in small containers that don't weigh more than 30kg each.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
You should check into the legalities of maximum amount of fuel allowed in an enclosed trailer......... You wouldn't want to get stopped and then fined?
We only found out about it, when we loaded onto the ferry south of revy and had 500l+ of fuel in proper containers all fastnened down, and then we read the signs of what you're allowed to carry as a maximum........we were pretty silent during and after the ferry ride;) ........ Jus' sayin'

mountain_tamer

Reaction score
not when loading onto a ferry, i do know that....

Yeah when you are on a ferry there is a limit.

I know one of my buddies from the vancouver island has to pay an extra fee when he hauls his race car across the ferry due to the fact he carries race gas in his trailer.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
caper, is that on paper somewhere, a guy could carry it when traveling, have had police stop and had to tell them the law a few times. nicely of course.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to find it for you, I have in my TDG training book that i just took, I don't have a scanner. Everyone please Keep in mind that that small container law has limitations to the product being carried. not all products fall under that catagory.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OMG it's painfull to try and read the regs on the Gov website, I have a headache now. I recommend you check with your employers they may have a TDG handbook somewhere, or you can try to understand the regs online..
I found my old dangerous goods quick reference guide that I had when I was trucking, but was printed in 1996.
Please don't go with what i'm saying check it out for yourself. Or look into some TDG training.
Website link for under 500kg exemptions

My book says.
It says Class 3 Flammable liquids with a flash point of 37.8C are only regulated if in bulk. (IE containers exceeding 454L)

Placards required for more than 500kg.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OMG it's painfull to try and read the regs on the Gov website, I have a headache now. I recommend you check with your employers they may have a TDG handbook somewhere, or you can try to understand the regs online..
I found my old dangerous goods quick reference guide that I had when I was trucking, but was printed in 1996.
Please don't go with what i'm saying check it out for yourself. Or look into some TDG training.
Website link for under 500kg exemptions

My book says.
It says Class 3 Flammable liquids with a flash point of 37.8C are only regulated if in bulk. (IE containers exceeding 454L)

Placards required for more than 500kg.

i see what you mean, may have to make a few calls. thnxs:beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom