valemount cops bored again so lets pick on some sledders again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I'll try and remember to grab one of those books next time I'm in the office.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Lets try and keep this on topic ......... believe we were bashing Valemount RC's. :rolleyes:

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not trying to piss anyone off. You appear to be the only one pissed off. How much did you get fined? I'm stating facts. If you don't like that then take a flying leap. Obviously you have some kind of issues. Should go see your doctor, they can prescribe meds for that.
Maybe you should grow up and stop doin crap that requires you getting tickets and fines, then we wouldn't be having this discussion. Only people that are to stupid to see that they're the problem are here posting their Whaaaaaaaaa I've been hard done by BS. Why are they coming here blaming cops for their own stupidity? The only people that get ticketed/fined are the stupid inconsiderate ones. If you have an issue with cops pulling people over to check them out, thats to frikken bad for you. Some people here talk like because they spend money here they can do as they please. Ya whatever! If you're stupid and an unsafe person expect to be treated like one.

If it's ok with you I'm here ranting as well? If you have a problem with that then maybe you'd rather meet in the parking lot to discuss it? :d

Well hello there, I was busy working for a week and it would seem that you did not take kindly to my last comments. I can assure you mr. Riverjet Sir, that I do not have any issues nor was I pissed off. Secondly, I am many things, but unfortunately, stupid is not one of them. I personally have not recieved any awards from our friends at the RCMP as of late, not for many years in fact, to infer that I am one that does follow the law is rather insulting. I simply stated the facts as well, most sledders do need to do a better job of following the rules and the RC's need to do a better job of coming up with excuses to pull us over. That's more than fair to say, I would think that most people would agree with me.
As for the rest of the jibberish that you have been ranting about here, rant away, good for you, I hope you feel better about yourself when you insult the intelligance of others. I believe this thread was started by a fellow that was infact, as far as he knew, being a safe, considerate driver and was stopped for a " Random Check", as so many of us have been.
Lastly, I promise you that I am not one that you would like to meet in a parking lot, back alley, or ring of any sort, internet ring included.:d
Have a wonderful day mr. Riverjet, i believe enough time has been wasted here.
your friend, Big A

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One day you will grow up and realize just how ridiculous you are. You are the only one here crying about what I'm saying. If you don't like it TFB!

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
OMG it's painfull to try and read the regs on the Gov website, I have a headache now. I recommend you check with your employers they may have a TDG handbook somewhere, or you can try to understand the regs online..
I found my old dangerous goods quick reference guide that I had when I was trucking, but was printed in 1996.
Please don't go with what i'm saying check it out for yourself. Or look into some TDG training.
Website link for under 500kg exemptions

My book says.
It says Class 3 Flammable liquids with a flash point of 37.8C are only regulated if in bulk. (IE containers exceeding 454L)

Placards required for more than 500kg.

They are listed as IBC Intermediate bulk containers

Still a ton of reading a deciphering

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I've sat back and waited, there is no doubt in my mind that YES sledders were the target of weekend and certain colour plates did tend to have a factor. Those that got tickets more than likely (notice I said more than) got them for a reason and chalk it up to experience so if you ever do go back to Valemount you'll at least know what simple issues the RCMP look for. Were there some bull tickets handed out... yup.... why, they know your not coming back to fight them it's easier to pay up.

Bottom line tactic was easy money and harassment no point complaining about it go to court and fight the ticket is the only thing that's going to make a difference or don't go to Valemount go to one of the other sledding communities that welcome sledder.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys are rediculous.

you think valemount recreation setup this checkstop?

RCMP out of their control.....

ya boycott valemount that will solve the problem.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys are rediculous.

you think valemount recreation setup this checkstop?

RCMP out of their control.....

ya boycott valemount that will solve the problem.

Give your toque a spin douche :), no one thinks Valemount recreation set anything up.

It was the RCMP plain and simple no one said boycott Valemount go if you like tickets. Until the people and business's of Valemount voice the concern about the tactics employed by the RCMP in their community which takes potential dollars out of the tourism (winter and or summer) which puts food on the table and creates jobs within the community the choice is simple.

Pay tickets and enjoy your ass samich or spend some time going to other areas and explore what they have to offer in more friendly environments.

It's about choices............

Last edited:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not really

Sorry Max, we the people aren't going to be able to anything about the RCMP it has to be done by the community and supported by the community or it's just a case of sledders complaining that they are being treated un-fairly is the point I am trying to make.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Sorry Max, we the people aren't going to be able to anything about the RCMP it has to be done by the community and supported by the community or it's just a case of sledders complaining that they are being treated un-fairly is the point I am trying to make.

Ok, I want to start by saying this...Im not looking for an arguement or debate. I just have an opinion to offer...

I live in Medicine Hat, we have our own police force, and we also have Sheriffs and RCMP's out of Redcliff. All patrol the #1 through Med Hat. I know for a fact if every single business here rallied against the RCMP, Sheriff or the City Police...it would do nothing. I dont see how the community or businesses within the community has any power over how the RCMP conduct themselves...

Write the RCMP, the premier, the prime minister maybe, but local business isnt gonna have the pull

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, I want to start by saying this...Im not looking for an arguement or debate. I just have an opinion to offer...

I live in Medicine Hat, we have our own police force, and we also have Sheriffs and RCMP's out of Redcliff. All patrol the #1 through Med Hat. I know for a fact if every single business here rallied against the RCMP, Sheriff or the City Police...it would do nothing. I dont see how the community or businesses within the community has any power over how the RCMP conduct themselves...

Write the RCMP, the premier, the prime minister maybe, but local business isnt gonna have the pull

RCMP are paid by the municipality, it's the municipalities choice to police by RCMP or there own police force i.e. edmonton city police. No municipality is bound by the queens mounties. So yes the community leaders and associated business's do have a voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom