Sorry bud, the 858 is a dud!!!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i really dont think the way the sleds all ran a bit differently is an issue, they had 2 or 3 there that were running peak performance and they made sure that everyone got to try them. I just think the peak performance is less than what people were expecting. As snowpro mentioned there was alot of 180hp talk with this engine so naturally people would be disappointed that its 165 even though it runs just fine.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm so confussed......Catman10 used the word "gonna", so I know his review can't be trusted... then Maxwell said he had an "open mind"??? These things don't add up.. Either that Cat is steller or the Chinese have taken over the internet and are warping our minds.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clever of him to try and hide it all in a Cat review but mostly what I got out of that is how much Maxwell actually likes the 9R?
Actually what he’s saying is I really wanted to order the lobster but they are out so I’ll take the pork chop over a hamburger.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clever of him to try and hide it all in a Cat review but mostly what I got out of that is how much Maxwell actually likes the 9R?

LOL, i cant ride the damn things but you cant argue with the bottom end response of the 9R, its no turbo on the top end but for an NA it works well, also combined with the new 3.25 it gets around much better in the deep snow now. and shockingly, if Polaris can figure out how to keep a clutch on one the engines seem to be pretty solid. the price is way too high for what it is but with them blowing out 23/24 for less than 20k its a good buy

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
LOL, i cant ride the damn things but you cant argue with the bottom end response of the 9R, its no turbo on the top end but for an NA it works well, also combined with the new 3.25 it gets around much better in the deep snow now. and shockingly, if Polaris can figure out how to keep a clutch on one the engines seem to be pretty solid. the price is way too high for what it is but with them blowing out 23/24 for less than 20k its a good buy
There you go a rand new 2023 Patriot Boost for $ 17806 plus GST https://www.cycleworksedmonton.com/default.asp?page=xInventoryDetail&id=13408547&p=1&s=(Sort By)&d=D&fr=xClearanceInventory

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
That is my argument, the 9 r with rebates is such a great value, put a track on it and a clutch with some gearing and you have a sled that really rocks, we rode one that was setup this way and I was super impressed to the point that I figure I could give up my whistle maker if I had to! In my opinion if the cat and poo were the exact same price I would still pick the poo until cat gets these sleds dialled in better and hopefully for all the people that snow checked it is in the next few months.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look on the bright side, cat has something new that can be improved upon.

I will admit, the first time I got on a yellow 2020.5 turbo I expected more, and the doo guys eventually got it.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look on the bright side, cat has something new that can be improved upon.

I will admit, the first time I got on a yellow 2020.5 turbo I expected more, and the doo guys eventually got it.

but they are on the tail end of polaris and skidoo chassis change, 1-2 years that thing will be outdated again

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
............At a demo event people should be pumped when they leave and want to snowcheck. All I’m hearing is disappointment. This rests solely on Cat for allowing this to happen.
Hahaha..........Back in the day, I remember going to Kuster’s on a Mr. R’s invite. Bev and I both rode the newest and bestest (at the time) and she monopolized the test riding. On the way back to the hotel, the discussion was had and we ended up buying two. Happy riders and happy dealer! Enough said.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha..........Back in the day, I remember going to Kuster’s on a Mr. R’s invite. Bev and I both rode the newest and bestest (at the time) and she monopolized the test riding. On the way back to the hotel, the discussion was had and we ended up buying two. Happy riders and happy dealer! Enough said.
Wetaskiwin motorsports took me to the "VIC" ride when they unveiled the 2007 800r rev in revy. I was on my 2005 RT1000 and she was a ch!t show the whole weekend. Definitely created a loyal customer. Makes a guy feel special for sure

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When the Alpha came out, I rode with Jamie iwas in Revy. we had good snow for test rides. I was looking for ultimate belt life then so I checked one. Was a great sled. Until the Doo turbo….

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but they are on the tail end of polaris and skidoo chassis change, 1-2 years that thing will be outdated again
lol. We have all agreed that doo and polaris has the engine advantage, but chassis??? Doo does lead the pack in torsion springs. Major advantage.

Top Bottom