AC Part From the US

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the particular bumper (colour) I want for my Alpha has been discontinued. My Canadian dealer was nice enough to track one down for me but it’s in Idaho. Contacted them yesterday and they have the bumper but will not ship it to Canada. Two questions.

1. I forgot about the fact that US AC dealers aren’t supposed to ship to Canada. Why the F not? Seems like a crock of S to me. Anyone know why? And why couldn’t they ship it to a Canadian dealer?

2. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this bumper? They did say they’d ship it to a US address for me if I knew someone down there. I have a brother in law in Texas but paying shipping from Idaho to Texas and then Texas to Saskatchewan would get pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I typically get my stuff shipped to the border and drive down and get it. Lots of place you can ship to and they hold it for you. I guess if you’re not close to the border probably not worth it. I use west wind courier in Havre MT
IMG_2306.jpeg

Last edited:

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Possibly by a alter native snd not support that bs. Like reimers renderings where he will powdercoat to what ever colour you want.

Looked into the Reimers bumper but unfortunately it will not work with the AC skid plate that I have to put on.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also order a lot of parts from US and as Turblue suggest is your best way.
A large majority of suppliers and dealers in the US will not ship to Canada and vise versa because they are not setup to do so and are not willing. Not enough business and too costly in general, its not a simple send off when dealing with borders.
I had the same issues until I set up a postal account state side. Problem solved.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
A PO box state side would be the ticket. I sure all the border crossings have them. I use Montana Shipping Outlet in Eureka, MT. They charge $4/package and email me when I have a parcel. Set up a PO box online.
Google "US Shipping Outlets” and you should be able to get something close. It would be a nice day for a drive Ryan.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy it in Canada and have it powder coated the colour you want. Probably same price as dicking with all the shipping, exchange, and taxes/duties.

I smashed a purple one on my alpha and dealer only had green and no stock around since it was late season so just powder coated it purple.

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy it in Canada and have it powder coated the colour you want. Probably same price as dicking with all the shipping, exchange, and taxes/duties.

I smashed a purple one on my alpha and dealer only had green and no stock around since it was late season so just powder coated it purple.

Thanks for all the input guys. Embarrassingly enough I know nothing about powder coating. I don’t really even know what it is to be honest. How would I track down someone who does it in Saskatchewan and how would you match up the colour?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys. Embarrassingly enough I know nothing about powder coating. I don’t really even know what it is to be honest. How would I track down someone who does it in Saskatchewan and how would you match up the colour?

I would make a thread here looking for a good powder coater in Sask. I imagine some members have had good experiences with a business. The powdercoaters have color samples like a paint store you can use to match up.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/canada

Here’s a good place to find your color.
My son just ordered 2 pounds from them. Showed up in less than a week. Just got to get a buddy to spray and bake it now. You can get a sprayer and use an old oven and do it yourself also if you plan on doing more. Pretty easy to do.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like others have said buy local and power coating if your easiest option. But there are stores setup along the border to ship packages to. I have used Montana Shipping out many times; easy process and cheap.

Top Bottom