valemount cops bored again so lets pick on some sledders again

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you would think that all the revenue we bring to their little town they would welcome us with open arms and not harass us over stupid things, i was there on sat and got stopped by a rcmp for no reason, he was just on the highway and decided that i had a newer truck and trailer so what the hell lets stop him and see what kind of poor excuse of a ticket can we give out today, here we go, first thing he didnt like was the way i had my trailer brake lock cable routed so i got a 139.00 ticket for that, secondly he didnt like my fog/driving lights i had in front of my truck, it was daytime and werent on but didnt have the covers for them, then i got another 109.00 ticket, they were stopping people all weekend long i saw along the highway, all i can say is i dont have to sled there and mcbride or golden may have different views on the sledding industry in winter amoungst their little towns. this is a embarrassment for the town i feel, nothing happening amoung the locals so what the hell lets see what kind of stupid fines can we give out today for our fellow albertans.i think the town of valemount needs to do something about this kind of petty infractions, all it does is piss us off. anyway enough of my rant.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
file a complaint.... and send it in to the rcmp head office in BC... and fight it ... i was told once that 95% of traffic tickets will be thrown out if you fight them... if you can not make it there for court i heard you can have them transfered to your town, but not sure on that....

dlux

Reaction score
That's bull !! I'm in valemount right now and really hope that they don't pick on me cuz I will probably end up in the clink! Sorry about your luck dude!

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think one of the biggest reason for tickets for out of province people, they know you will gripe, but in the end you won't want to lose 2-3 days of work to come back to fight the ticket, cheaper to pay the durn thing. Easy couple hundred bucks. Thats just the way I see it though. :)

crowsfeet

Reaction score
you would think that all the revenue we bring to their little town they would welcome us with open arms and not harass us over stupid things, i was there on sat and got stopped by a rcmp for no reason, he was just on the highway and decided that i had a newer truck and trailer so what the hell lets stop him and see what kind of poor excuse of a ticket can we give out today, here we go, first thing he didnt like was the way i had my trailer brake lock cable routed so i got a 139.00 ticket for that, secondly he didnt like my fog/driving lights i had in front of my truck, it was daytime and werent on but didnt have the covers for them, then i got another 109.00 ticket, they were stopping people all weekend long i saw along the highway, all i can say is i dont have to sled there and mcbride or golden may have different views on the sledding industry in winter amoungst their little towns. this is a embarrassment for the town i feel, nothing happening amoung the locals so what the hell lets see what kind of stupid fines can we give out today for our fellow albertans.i think the town of valemount needs to do something about this kind of petty infractions, all it does is piss us off. anyway enough of my rant.

Oh ,but I thought they were just having a "crackdown" looking for stolen sleds? Well now the roads are a much safer place without your trailer brakes failing or blinding us with your illegal lighting. I'm sure there are more than a few do-gooders on this site that would agree with how this p1g treated you. In my opinion anyways.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think one of the biggest reason for tickets for out of province people, they know you will gripe, but in the end you won't want to lose 2-3 days of work to come back to fight the ticket, cheaper to pay the durn thing. Easy couple hundred bucks. Thats just the way I see it though. :)

that is the absolute truth, you can tell by the stupid little infractions they give you tickets for.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's bull !! I'm in valemount right now and really hope that they don't pick on me cuz I will probably end up in the clink! Sorry about your luck dude!

im in vale right now also and if you have driving lights or anytype of aftermarket lights on the front of your truck, cover them with duct tape, thats what i had to do he told me if i didnt find any covers if he saw me again he would ticket me again???jerkoff

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you know what would be funny is if we all got together and for 1 month we all boycotted their town and see how long the business owners find any humor in that, see how long the rcmp write tickets after that!!

Reaction score
I know the feeling.......the last time I was there the cops had me and my buddy standing on the top of his welding truck duct tapping some lights that didnt have any wires running to them. Then there was the tie downs,blah,blah,blah! When will enough be ENOUGH?

Parad0x01

Reaction score
you know what would be funny is if we all got together and for 1 month we all boycotted their town and see how long the business owners find any humor in that, see how long the rcmp write tickets after that!!

Funny and it would make a good point but it'll never happen. I agree what happened to you was complete BS and if you have the time go fight and I almost guarantee it'll get thrown out. The way I look at tickets tho is if it doesn't cost me demerits I don't care lol

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
be sure all your brake controllers in your trucks can lock all brakes on trailer also, made me do that also, and made me pull the lock cable on the hitch and drag the trailer ahead to make sure it worked also, how many of you guys actually checked these things?? im glad my trailer is brand new and my brakes still hold perfectly, i have older trailers and i dont think they would lock up and pass any of these tests.

crowsfeet

Reaction score
I know the feeling.......the last time I was there the cops had me and my buddy standing on the top of his welding truck duct tapping some lights that didnt have any wires running to them. Then there was the tie downs,blah,blah,blah! When will enough be ENOUGH?
They will never have enough of our money! :rant:

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny and it would make a good point but it'll never happen. I agree what happened to you was complete BS and if you have the time go fight and I almost guarantee it'll get thrown out. The way I look at tickets tho is if it doesn't cost me demerits I don't care lol

i know what you mean but there are some guys that only ride a couple times a year and maybe cant afford to come riding often as most, all it would take is something like this and they may not afford to come back for the rest of the season or whatever, its the principal of it thats all. if you get dtopped for speeding or driving careless then i agree that is not necessary but come on.

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How can a cop do a inspection on a trailer? He does not hold a license to do inspections. That is up to a cerfied shop with license technicians or dot people. Friends of mine rent a trailer from local sled shop, told good to go. Got to valemount, gets pulled over. The trailer brakes dont work, dumb cop tells him $700 fine or 72hrs to have it fixed. What? you let an unsafe trailer back on the road. They towed it there across 3 provinces, now your going to let them tow it back again. When they get back, take the wheels/drums off. 1 wheel out of the 4 have brake material on the shoes. So they adjusted it so tight could barley boot the drum back on. Take it local cops here in Lloydminster, cop pulls the cord, driver holds foot on brake. Of coarse nothing moves. Cop tells him, all good, I will phone Valemount cops & tell tear up ticket. Are you kidding? They need to do some real work & look for theifs. But no, lets stop & bother easy pickens. What a joke!

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got pulled over a few weeks back just at the scales. the reason he stopped me was my driving ligghts were on and i was following and in a group of about 8 ppl coming throught the scales. i also got nailed for my sled being to long on my deck with out proper lighting.. in ab your allowed a 5ft over hang and bc is a 3 or 4ft over hang before being iluminated. i didnt know that so ya for the fog light it was 109, for the sled was like 350 or something like that and had to put something on there that was lit. so right after that.. i get up and leave.. called my mom cuz i was so pissed off.. and i was again following about 3 ppl and i was at the back.. doing like 100 and i get pulled over for i guess doing 125kmh.. i was like ummm wtf no. and that was 140.. got every one thrown out.. but i was pissed off thats for sure...

i sled in Goldne, Revy Vale and mcbride.. and i have only ever been pulled over or checked in valemount. kind of annoying.. checking for insurance sure or for stolden sleds good on them.. but for the stupid nit picking stuff.. they should look at 80% of the bins that drive around on there highways that are 100 times more unsafe.. of the guys doing 60 on a 90 highway.. thats also an accident wating to happen. get off the danm road with your 2x4 honda civic tell summer!!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
isnt MM4 going to be there? going to be interesting to see how many tickets they will give out that weekend!

tinted windows
fog/driving lights
trailer lights
trailer brakes
over length
speeding
tires/mudflaps
exhaust
over weight
lic. plate lights
crack windsheilds
horn not working
picking nose

Last edited:

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
isnt MM4 going to be there? going to be interesting to see how many tickets they will give out that weekend!

well as long as you dont drive with fog lights on or not covered, your good.. and have your trailer brake away wrapped throught the loop on the hitch in like a slip knot your good to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom