valemount cops bored again so lets pick on some sledders again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, I want to start by saying this...Im not looking for an arguement or debate. I just have an opinion to offer...

I live in Medicine Hat, we have our own police force, and we also have Sheriffs and RCMP's out of Redcliff. All patrol the #1 through Med Hat. I know for a fact if every single business here rallied against the RCMP, Sheriff or the City Police...it would do nothing. I dont see how the community or businesses within the community has any power over how the RCMP conduct themselves...

Write the RCMP, the premier, the prime minister maybe, but local business isnt gonna have the pull

RCMP are paid by the municipality, it's the municipalities choice to police by RCMP or there own police force i.e. edmonton city police. No municipality is bound by the queens mounties. So yes the community leaders and associated business's do have a voice and do pay for the service.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
RCMP are paid by the municipality, it's the municipalities choice to police by RCMP or there own police force i.e. edmonton city police. No municipality is bound by the queens mounties. So yes the community leaders and associated business's do have a voice and do pay for the service.

But you cannot compare the price of the RCMP to having a private force...

And the RCMP are not mandated to ONLY the town...they arent even a 'provinvial' force they are federal

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But you cannot compare the price of the RCMP to having a private force...

And the RCMP are not mandated to ONLY the town...

Agree, if private force then they are within city limits and the RCMP are to the county lines.

Fact remains the community of Valemount pay's for a service from the RCMP and if there is question / concern as to the service from community council that question and conduct can be called to the table.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Agree, if private force then they are within city limits and the RCMP are to the county lines.

Fact remains the community of Valemount pay's for a service from the RCMP and if there is question / concern as to the service from community council that question and conduct can be called to the table.

It can Dale, Im just saying I dont think they carry 'much' weight...I hope I am wrong, just realting to what I see here...

Community here has all kinds of issues and we seem to be powerless...And this is a MUCH bigger community.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It can Dale, Im just saying I dont think they carry 'much' weight...I hope I am wrong, just realting to what I see here...

Community here has all kinds of issues and we seem to be powerless...And this is a MUCH bigger community.

I hear ya. I hope the community does at least attempt to take a shot at it.

The one RC was a real goof, and the other's I ran into were real cool about everything.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I hear ya. I hope the community does at least attempt to take a shot at it.

The one RC was a real goof, and the other's I ran into were real cool about everything.
I tried befriending him but he wasn't very receptive to my attempt.

funrider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mike270412
I tried befriending him but he wasn't very receptive to my attempt

Maybe you should have givin him 10% off discount card to an Edmonton truck MOD shop so he can try to keep up to all this so called wealth in Alberta:d
an infraction is just that but i think a senior officer should have had a better control over the situation and have done some education rather than just punishment. Police wonder why they are not always greeted will big smiles??

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone needs to send an e-mail to the mayor of valemount about the experience they had with the rcmp's out there......... Plain and simple.

mayor@valemount.ca

After hearing everyone talking about the checkstops, and getting bent over for even the smallest infractions our group ended up riding 3 days in McBride and only 1 day in Valemount. We never got stopped at all, but we had planned on riding 2 days in Valemount and 2 days in McBride right up until we arrived at the hotel and the word started getting around that the cops were looking at Mountain Mania as a prime opportunity to make some cash.:mad:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
The more people complain the more ammo the mayor has. The RCMP are in a public relations nightmare right now and extra bad press is the last thing they want. If there is no action or response from Mayor Smith's actions I would suggest a letter/ e-mail campaign to a larger newspaper in Vancouver.

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
I been riding Valemount for over 6 years and have never been harassed by the cops, other then the odd check stop and speeding ticket.

Always have our rigs and trailers good to go because I like knowing that my 15000 dollar sled isn't being towed on a rickety ass trailer or towed by a beater truck.

I understand there's the odd dink cop that is out for blood but if you don't give them a reason to ticket then they won't.

Usually go thru the truck and trailer during the week to make sure it's good for the weekend.

I can't believe this thread has made it 23 pages.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey we got a rickety ass truck...brakes work! lol

breakaway batt charger crapped out on the weekend so ill have to replace that before we go out.

Brap

Reaction score
read the sentinal they will be in mcbride aswell
Theres only 2.5 cops (one's retired and works part time) in McBride. There are about seven in Valemount because they cover a larger distance of hwy.
Also I find the McBride cops to be very friendly, they usually dish out warnings ... I drove with expired insurance *ooooppss* and Nathan came into the restaurant and told me very nicely to fix it..I said if I drive it home will you give me a ticket ..He said if I took my car straight home that would be okay. In BC at the time a ticket was $1000. It would have made his quota for the week!

Less cop means less chance of ticket??

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't believe this thread has made it 23 pages.

Exactly, quit your f@$king whining already, and you guys wonder why us sledders are getting a bad rap, it's things just like this...... How many warnings do they have to give you before they ticket you...1,2.... 5, 10... where's it stop, do you learn after the first warning ,I'm going to guess not. You know why, because I 'm guilty of not heeding the warnings as well, I've got tinted Drivers and Pass side windows on my truck, been politely warned several times, thanks for being nice officers but I like the way my truck looks with them, and I like the way they help keep the rig cool in the summer time, so when they ticket me , ya I'm bummed, but I'll pay it with no complaints, why , because I deserved it!!!!!! plain and simple. You got busted for obvious infractions, as petty as they may seem to you, they all could have a tragic end for you or someone else, most likely someone else. Last summer on my way to Golden on the #1 I watched some clown go flying by me with his family in his mini van with tent trailer in tow, 4 mountain bikes bouncing away on a bike rack on the back of the tent trailer, a couple minutes later we see cars swerving all over the place, some down into the ditch, etc, the clown never secured the bikes and all of a sudden they are bouncing all over the highway in traffic. Luckily other than his bent up bikes there was no serious results of his actions, but had someone rolled their vehicle and been injured or killed...... Get the picture.
Suck it up , and move on.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
holy guys let this thread go already, it was just a warning in the beginning for others to beware now its become a sh$tshow, nothing we do are going to change the way they act so just make sure our crap in in order and carry on. I just bought 4 touques from the dollar store for my lights, ill show them.:d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom