Snowmobile boot vs. Snowboard boots.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to wear snowboard boots but after getting to the truck and having wet feet :mad: i decided to get some Klim boots and have never looked back, my feet are always dry and warm. I would suggest that if you have the money to get a pair. Just my :twocents:

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my buddy,s rented a sled and wore his snowboard boots shredded the seat it was an expensive day and had cold wet feet all day.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With my 08 Dragon and the tunnel always getting warm where my feet are, the snow melts and soaks my boots. I was using Kamiks, but I had to start using plain old insulated rubber boots. I'd prefer something more comfortable and lighter, but I'm worried that anything other than a pure rubber boot will get wet as well. Anyone ride a newer IQ chassis RMK with the same problem? Are the snowmobile boots waterproof?

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have skidoo brand boots (i think maybe made by baffin though) and they are a snowboard style boot. there great for riding. i put an IGA bag between the liners and the boot inside and my feet NEVER get wet. before that they did a little bit not sure why. Only complain is that there a bit stif for walking.... had to walk home 1 .5 miles once and that SUCKED!!!!, then again it would no matter what you got on ur feet lol

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!:beer: Still not sure what im going to do? Was worried about tearing seat as well but the new snowboard boots have no hooks on them. And i think for price going to find a softer snowboard boot. Unless snow show has cheap boots!:d:beer:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear the green dunlop boots with bama boots inside, my feet stay warm and dry all day all the time! You can stand in water and the wont get wet. As long as you dont mind having ugly green boots

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought a pair of HMK pro boas back in 07 and i love them to this day. although riding a nytro goves you wet left foot sydrome they have always kept my feet warm wet or dry in any climate. and the cable lace up doo hicky is awesome :d wich by the way also has a lifetime waranty. they are pricey but i find them light with the right amount of support and there comfy to boot!

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you get what you pay for.
if you cheap out, you'll have cold and wet feet all season. think about it, you spend how much on fuel for a day of riding?? and then some people are trying to spend less on a pair of boots and have them last for multiple seasons?? good luck with that.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you get what you pay for.
if you cheap out, you'll have cold and wet feet all season. think about it, you spend how much on fuel for a day of riding?? and then some people are trying to spend less on a pair of boots and have them last for multiple seasons?? good luck with that.

Funny thing.
Last year at a second hand store I bought a pair of the old school lace up sorrels, the brown ones with the fuzzy top, for 20.00. They were brand new with a tag. I wear a helly hansen wicking sock inside and then my woolies and I had toasty feet the whole winter. We rode alot!
This year I'm trying a snow board boot, simply because it's a very colorful boot with some bling factor. Got it at the sports recycle place Fun hogz in Cranbrook. Good boot.. cheap like borscht price. We'll see.. if it doesn't work well I've always got old faithful boots to rely on!

Ya.................. Klim................would love to own, but kids can be really loud when they don't eat! haa haa haaa!!!

Last edited:

spike7ss

Reaction score
I rode last year with Burton snowboarding boots, they kept my feet warm and dry all winter which is the main factors when buying a boot. They were stiff and had a forward lean which takes some time to get used to. The lace hooks also eat up my seat the one day I forgot my riding pants and rode in jeans, oh well, live and learn!

Crowfoot

Reaction score
klim adreniline boot, new to this year snowmobile specific boot. with reinforcement on inside of boot so doesnt wear on the skid bolt. Last years model is being sold at reduced amount. you can buy a snowboard boot, this year and probably next year or two or you can buy and klim boot and be good for 4-5 years. long run you save money, there a great book, excellent support and warmth, did i mention water proof..

I did my share of buying different gear over the years, once i went to klim (two seasons) its the only gear i would go with. Cost a bit but will outlast most other gear. comfort, dryness, mobility and durability.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree. you get what you pay for. if you want good boots, you need to spend a bit extra.

and to mom's point, you got lucky and found new boots at a used store. i bet the price on the original tag wasn't what you paid, and thats the price i'm talking about, original price. who knows, maybe you'll find a pair of klim's there someday for cheap. that will also be a good boot for cheap, but still the boots weren't originally cheap.

i use a pair of burton driver x snowboard boots myself. no laces to tie so fast and easy to get and out even if with cold hands, and nothing sticking out to rip my seat.
one important thing to look at beside makign sure they will be dry and warm is the sole. some snowboard boots make soft soles and will not last on the runing boards if you are jumping around a lot. 'vibram' who makes soles for work boots makes a sole for some snoboard boots too, it will never wear out.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
klim adreniline boot, new to this year snowmobile specific boot. with reinforcement on inside of boot so doesnt wear on the skid bolt. Last years model is being sold at reduced amount. you can buy a snowboard boot, this year and probably next year or two or you can buy and klim boot and be good for 4-5 years. long run you save money, there a great book, excellent support and warmth, did i mention water proof..

I did my share of buying different gear over the years, once i went to klim (two seasons) its the only gear i would go with. Cost a bit but will outlast most other gear. comfort, dryness, mobility and durability.
Does anyone use these on the Polaris IQ Chassis?

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score
I have the Baffin (Revolution) Boots. They have great Ankle support. When you are stepping from side to side and end up with just you Big Toe on the running board your ankle doesn't give out.:) Plus are very warm and if feet sweat the linear sucks up the moisture and never ended up with cold feet. And for boarding boots.Have a friend HELL of a rider, grew up in Cheytwin BC.:rolleyes: on a snowmoble. Was wearing snowboard boots, climing the face in Sugar bowl. The sled hit a rut under the fresh snow kicked the ass end side ways. He felt a sharp pain in his left leg.:( stepped back down and knew something was wrong.:confused: Well to make story shorter, compound fracture right above the boot. Found this out when we cut suit open after he said he could feel warm like water on leg. Bone right threw.:eek: 45 min Chopper off the hill. And also, this changed my extra gear to carey now. Big fold up first aid kit strapped to back of sled. Always had small ones. But was not big enough for this issue.:( Don't know if the snow board boots cased the break.:confused: But my buddy thinks it was a main reason for the broken bone, not enough give.:nono: Take it as it is, just a little info. ch!t can go sideways very fast. Thank god this didn't happen back in Eagles Pass. No phone service, thanks for cell service that day. Could have ended really bad.:(

TravisFader

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitly gonna be looking at the HMK Boas at the sled show, roomate has em and he loves them. Pretty stiff though, think it would take some gettin used to.

Cowboy151

Reaction score
I have a pair of Klim boots(snowboard style) and loved them. No more banged up ankles on the tunnel when riding. I really like the support in them. I bought a second pair last year to replace my worn out soles( running board cheese grated them) and found the new boots don't have that forward canter of the first set. I miss the lean of the boots, it seemed to match the angle of the tunnel well. I ran into the issue with my Altimate boots of snow melting off the panels and dripping into the top of my boots, but the "board" boots keep my feet toasty and dry. Picked up a second pair of boots at the "Show" for less than half price. I love a bargain. Board boots all the way!

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to Klim Canada. They are selling last years Adrenaline boot at a real good price. I have a pair and would never go back. Just the right amout of support. Waterproof Goretex. Damn comfortable and warm.

Worth the extra couple of bucks and will last for years.

TravisFader

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
picked up a pair of Klim Adrenilines for 220 bucks at the show :) ill let you know how they work out.

Outlaw06

Reaction score
Look at the attached picture and decide what is a better choice....
Cheap sled boots/snowboard boots or making the right decision and buying boots designed and tested for snowmobiling.
The picture is what happens when your sled/tunnel rolls over a foot in poor quality boots.

Attachments

• IMG_0653.jpg
    IMG_0653.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 68

1nv8r17

Reaction score
Klim Goretex all the way, light, comfortable, reliable, 2 seasons of dry feet and good grip on the tunnel

Top Bottom