Snowmobile boot vs. Snowboard boots.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just bought a pair of klim adrenalins this weekend. very lightweight, comfortable and nice support. can't wait to try them in the snow.

martincc

Reaction score
I don't recomend any snowboard equipment for sledding. I wore all my Burton gear last year and it got distroyed, esp. boots and gloves. It is just not tough enough for sledding, and the boots are not waterproof. Everyday my left foot would be soaked from snow melting near the clutch. Maybe that is beacause I ride an XP... anyhow this year going to try sledding gear for snowboarding.. got klim radium boots (heavy!!), pants, coat and gloves.. and going to leave the more costly, less quality Burton gear for the ski hill...

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got some Pro Boas last year. Expensive boots, good support, comfortable but the wettest boots I have ever had, my feet were swimming every ride. i was wrapping them in duct tape to try and keep the moisture out. Have heard nothing bad about the Klim boots and they are less money than the Boas. Will probably try a pair this season. Snowboard boots don't seem to stand up, my son has used them in the past.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my hmk boots, my feet were swimming by the end of the day, always warm but swimming. I bought a pair of Klim Radium GTX boots there the snowboard style, there heavy but i have this new feeling at the end of every ride DRY FEET. there awesome lots of support and very comfortable to wear.
you can stand in running water and still dont get wet feet :trustme:

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So.. bringing this thread back from the dead... tore the sole off my Klim Adrenalines today. Quite liked them and they have served me well. What is a good boot choice these days?

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Second season on my TOBE boots and they are still like new. Always had warm dry feet even after having to stand in a couple creeks.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy picked up a pair of Klim havoc boots for snow biking. Loves them for sleds or bikes.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
I have the Klim Havoc boots. Around 1000 miles on them. I'm mostly a tree rider and the soles are showing wear from the Polaris boards. Should make another 500 miles I would guess.

They aren't as warm, I would not recommend them for people who like to ride in -20 or colder. Since they go so high on the shin if you run some of the larger style knee and shin protection they may interfere. I run a thin style shin guard and the boot goes over them and holds them in place better than the straps alone.

You can drive with them on but I don't like to since even loose they restrict your ankle movement, but that is what they are meant to do.

As for being dry they are up to klim reputation that way.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So.. bringing this thread back from the dead... tore the sole off my Klim Adrenalines today. Quite liked them and they have served me well. What is a good boot choice these days?
That's what I found with mine. Don't buy them anymore. Tried some scott BOA and the soles are like new and fit great but leak. Back to neoprene gumboots for the rest of this season. Might try some Tobe. Big problem with sled boots they get covered with snow then the clutch and muffler heat melts the snow.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the latest thoughts on the motorfist stuff? I would like a multiuse boot that does not feel like a ski boot for ice fishing and do ok in the mountains as well.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you looked into having them repaired?
My current boots have been resoled twice.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will look into that did they do vibram soles or factory? I’m way off warranty
I talking about taking them to a cobbler, not going through the manufacturer.
They typically use generic soles and cut them to the correct size. Vibram is common.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Buy another pair of adrenaline’s, I’m on my 4th pair in 20 years they are amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom