Cant decide on which Boots

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not a fan of really rigid boots for riding. I know they are likely a good idea to have but I just dont like them.

having said that I tried some that were exactly not rigid last year (not a dedicated snowmobile boot) and I had to get them in their biggest size (they dont make anything over a 12) so the boot was kinda small on my foot and my feet would get wet. Thought they would had been a better boot but I was wrong.

I tried on a pair of tobe boots yesterday. I like the boa, definetly better than fighting with laces although I am sure it would suck if the boa system had a breakdown. The boots were ok but again they felt rigid as all get out to me.

Does anyone ride with a less rigid boot they have had luck with? $500 for a frickin pair of boots I want to try and make sure i am getting exactly what i want.

Also whats the opinion on removable vs. non removable interiors of the boots? I would think removeable would be best for drying out but most boots dont seem to be that way anymore.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
My preference in books is Klim except for the soles they are decent. The boa system is nice and when it breaks I always have a roll of good old duct tape. I have my boots cleaned 2 times per season at an Esporta cleaner. This keeps them clean and helps in reduce bacteria loads. Being my feet are numb I have sensors in my boots and they seem to keep in the warmth.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have the boa system so cannot say. I also run the klim like Ron commented about and will say have had no issues. Yes sole wears but they all do from the running boards. I don't lace mine to the very top and find that makes them rigid.

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had klim boots and motor fist both laced boots and don't go fully to top with lace. Still rigid but works for me. Soles on both lasted about same as I tend to wear the toe out kicking the ice off the doo running board.

There are more brands. I would try to hit up all dealers and try on as many as you can. Also hit up the ski/ snowboard shops as you might find a decent set you like there. Watch the soles on the snowboard boots as some are pretty soft

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sure I will get mocked here but my klim adrenalines gave up last year. Only riding 4-5 times a year now. Used my work boots, timberland boondockers.. ha they worked just quite well actually. Fyi I have had Klims multiple boas motorfist etc. only thing that I didn’t like was snow in my ancle skirt but a longer set of laces will fix that so I can lace them all the way

Outwest1

Reaction score
Had a few style boots over the years and have found that rocky boots hold up well soles included not to stiff to wear but still a nice flex in them. Treat with nik wax I think it's called and have never had cold or wet feet

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FXR has some options, I have the Helium Pro Boa's, I think they're called the Helium Dual BOA's now. They're a little stiff though, but work for me, I think they have an X-Cross or something like that that's softer.

Bad part is they're prices are getting up there now, more than Klim in some cases.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
.Klim BOA
Klim boots just work great.
They last for years!

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sure I will get mocked here but my klim adrenalines gave up last year. Only riding 4-5 times a year now. Used my work boots, timberland boondockers.. ha they worked just quite well actually. Fyi I have had Klims multiple boas motorfist etc. only thing that I didn’t like was snow in my ancle skirt but a longer set of laces will fix that so I can lace them all the way
No mocking here, my brother used some gore Tex work boots when snow biking with success. The Stompers were pretty much low quality work boots lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have klim. They are alright. I wish alpine star made sled boots though.

bota-alpinestars-off-road-tech-8-rs-lancamento-D_NQ_NP_13811-MLB4455629177_062013-F.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dan, do those match your white oakleys????? Maybe you set those up on purpose?
Joke.......(y);)

You dont like white or what?

I wish i had a set of oakleys. All i have is gas station sun glasses right now.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You dont like white or what?

I wish i had a set of oakleys. All i have is gas station sun glasses right now.

I’m a fan of white, wife makes fun of me all the time, what’s wrong with clean white
c58556fff6932a704c6e969269bf0386.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m a fan of white, wife makes fun of me all the time, what’s wrong with clean white
c58556fff6932a704c6e969269bf0386.jpg

The boots are harder to keep clean maybe.

But those are high quaily italian made boots. Can pressure wash them and will look like new
Way better quailty then sled boots.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought these last year, and they made it thought the year without any issues for what's it worth. I think everyone has different experiences good or bad with different brands.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Black Rubber Boots!

Loved my Dunlop boots for sledding. With the bama socks never had wet feet. Only problem was when you walked in deep snow the snow would push you pants up above the boots easily and get snow through the top. I put a zip tie around my boot to grab clip on your pants that hooks into the laces.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Loved my Dunlop boots for sledding. With the bama socks never had wet feet. Only problem was when you walked in deep snow the snow would push you pants up above the boots easily and get snow through the top. I put a zip tie around my boot to grab clip on your pants that hooks into the laces.

Ghetto lol, I’d rather spend a couple bucks than snap my ankle sledding in oilfield champion boots and have people ruin their days getting my broken ass 30km out

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ghetto lol, I’d rather spend a couple bucks than snap my ankle sledding in oilfield champion boots and have people ruin their days getting my broken ass 30km out

Lol was pretty ghetto. But at the time I had the first generation motorfist boots and they were such junk these were better. And honestly they had more support than a guy figures. The only ankle I’ve seen broke in the mountains was in klim boots but that was more the rmk pro running boards, no boot would have saved him.

Top Bottom