Since its Black Friday soon (avy bag?)

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I meant to buy an avy backpack sooner than this but who knows maybe i can save a few bucks. I made a post about this before but got lazy.

anyway i have narrowed them down to a few choices

Black diamond Jetforce bag - 10L one as I plan to carry as little as possible on my back.
pros
i like that the bag auto deflates after 3 minutes. could it create a air pocket? maybe maybe not i guess but worth a try
i like that you can turn it on and see that it is on from the handle
cons
I dont think the bag itself is as good as the others
no batteries so you better make sure its charged

Then the 3 with the alpride E2 system
BCA float 25L
Deuter alproof 32
Klim atlas 14
pros
they all run the same avy system which means its a more wide spread system
i think the batteries being there to help charge in case im dumb and i am is a good thing
cons
does not deflate on its on (is this a big deal?)
i think you have to take the bag off to check that its on or turn it on/off
deflating the bag seems like a bit of a pain when you have to repack the bag (this might be a universal thing and really not that big of deal)

ok so what do you like of those bags and does anyone know of any deals out there?

I would think deuter makes a good backpack but i havent seen a lot of guys use them.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
The klim or BCA is the way to go with the e2 system. It comes down to comfort or size you want. The best thing about the e2 is that it is so light in the atlas the 24 litre is the one to get over the 14 liter in the regular pack as they are basically the same weight but the 24 can hold more stuff if you do a longer or over night trip and on regular days if you pack the same stuff in it you could not tell between to the two, Same with the bca the 25 litre holds more space if you need it but you dont have to fill it. Another thought to think about is the klim vest and 14 only have one main pocket so if you only carry one shovel the one in your pack, then when you use it it will go away wet and get other stuff ie your sandwich wet . The 24 liter has two pockets one for avy gear one for other stuff. If you use a shovel on your tunnel bag then this is not an issue cause your going to use the one on your tunnel bag 10 out of 10 times,

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I meant to buy an avy backpack sooner than this but who knows maybe i can save a few bucks. I made a post about this before but got lazy.

anyway i have narrowed them down to a few choices

Black diamond Jetforce bag - 10L one as I plan to carry as little as possible on my back.
pros
i like that the bag auto deflates after 3 minutes. could it create a air pocket? maybe maybe not i guess but worth a try
i like that you can turn it on and see that it is on from the handle
cons
I dont think the bag itself is as good as the others
no batteries so you better make sure its charged

Then the 3 with the alpride E2 system
BCA float 25L
Deuter alproof 32
Klim atlas 14
pros
they all run the same avy system which means its a more wide spread system
i think the batteries being there to help charge in case im dumb and i am is a good thing
cons
does not deflate on its on (is this a big deal?)
i think you have to take the bag off to check that its on or turn it on/off
deflating the bag seems like a bit of a pain when you have to repack the bag (this might be a universal thing and really not that big of deal)

ok so what do you like of those bags and does anyone know of any deals out there?

I would think deuter makes a good backpack but i havent seen a lot of guys use them.
I like how you think…
Packing less on your back the better…

Now that the rambling sales pitch is over, the regular folk can give real unsponsored input …

I prefer something that has the least amount of hanging straps to catch on stuff. Less pockets to keep the weight down. Vests are over rated, interfere with your high quality exterior sled gear/clothing.

The BD unit is high quality, but I do like the E2 battery charging….
I'm in the same boat, looking to upgrade my pack. Klim units are too heavy.
This is what I'm considering… waiting for Black…

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"It comes down to comfort or size you want."

I'm no expert, and don't use mine much, but this ^^^ is the important part to me when I do. I tried a few around the house before deciding. Would wear them for a while and see how comfortable they were. Really wanted the coolest tech ones to work, but at the end of the day it was the one that was the most comfortable that I kept. Didn't want too big either as more room, more junk. Pack smart! Can wear the one I have all day without moaning and groaning or constantly adjusting.

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MP Kid I think the only downside to the one you are looking at is that you cant put the pull trigger on the left shoulder strap. I dont think i will be able to outrun a slide but I just know i would feel more comfortable grabbing with my left hand as I usually always keep my hand on my throttle side no matter what.

ZRrrr so which pack did you go with? Im going to go around tomorrow and try them on. I really only have a couple stores to try in Edmonton though so i think all i can try is the BCA and the Klim ones on. No one sells the Scott ones in town that I have found.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer the vest style packs as they seem to feel lighter. Been running snow pulse since they first came out with the vest. Never had to use them luckily, and never had any issues.

Top Bottom