V drive trim tab

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So have an issue with my 2006 Tigè 22ve. Had it for about 4 years and everything has worked pretty good. Dumped it in water on Monday and went for a stroll and seemed like it didn't want to plane out. Guage was showing trimmed up all the way

Got it loaded back up and sure enough tab would not move with switch on throttle. Had daughter push switch to trim down and I pushed on tab and it would go down part way but would come up a bit when let go.
Called a dealer that deals with "other brands" and told me to try and find a name or number on the actuator and he could maybe get one. Also read that sometimes where the tab hinges can seize up and can strip gears in actuator. So I unbolted bottom and tab hinges are fine. Took top of actuator off boat and once got the silicone loose I had what seemed like ATF leaking out. So I did some searching and it seems the system has an electric motor with an oil reservoir that uses the oil to extend the actuator and an internal spring that retracts it when you trim up.

Anyway I don't know why it was leaking oil when I removed the top mounting bolts. I did not loosen the oil line. Maybe I got to adventurous and dismantled when all it needed was more oil in reservoir?? I had tried 3 or 4 boat shops prior to dickin around with it but didn't get much help.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oil operated actuator had sprung a small leak . Have a new one on order.
20230719_121129.jpg

Top Bottom