Allison transmission

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, called dealer today for update.... said last they heard it could be February before any tcms show up. Fml

Mayno

Reaction score
Had a company called Unitech rebuild 2 CPC controllers for me that were no good and unavailable for many months. He had them for a week or 2 and both work perfectly

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you could rob it off a wrecked 15 with lower miles ?
Phone Kyle at Kendall Truck Parts in the Chuck 780 476 1066, they are the biggest truck wrecker in western Canada. Tell Kyle that Rene said to call you and he will hook you up dude!!

jayson

Reaction score
went through same thing, found used one & it worked, Gm mech said april at the earliest, so by end of summer? just watch out for some of the crooks on kijiji, think u can use a40 or a50 tcm, used a40 worked on my 2010 when the factory was a50 tcm, good luck

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well... still no luck. Truck collecting dust in my shop. What a joke some of this has become
I did one last summer dealer had stock and it was like $700 for a reman. This is crazy, is there a reman you can send your old one to and have it repaired?

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend saw on a duramax forum that someone at a shop has run into this quite a bit. He did some investigating and said that about 50% of the tcm's were losing there internal ground. I hooked up a make shift ground to the tcm housing and ran to ground on body yesterday. I Put about 36 miles on it yesterday and it worked so far.

it still had check engine light on from before so I have cleared that now and will try again later today.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
A friend saw on a duramax forum that someone at a shop has run into this quite a bit. He did some investigating and said that about 50% of the tcm's were losing there internal ground. I hooked up a make shift ground to the tcm housing and ran to ground on body yesterday. I Put about 36 miles on it yesterday and it worked so far.

it still had check engine light on from before so I have cleared that now and will try again later today.
wouldn't that be a piss off if that fixes it, and you've just had the truck sitting for this long.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have been able to get by without my truck but have to rely on son and brother to pull trailer for me. That was

until sons truck got stolen. Then brother had to put plates back on his 2011 ram dually that has never seen winter conditions 😳

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update... ground wire externally did not fix.
Latest update from GM is waiting testing approval on new tcm. DO NOT EXPECT to hit market until maybe June 1, 2023.

What a joke

Top Bottom