Skidoo xm problem thread..........

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Page 20 already? I'm not going to read all this BS, so I have to assume there is a lot of broken crap on this doo junk already. Sad, sad, sad.
Yep junk ,are you still riding the Range?

Last edited:

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Finally rode mine for more than 5 minutes. At 6000' on clicker 1 it would only pull 7000rpm. Went straight to clicker 4 and would only pull 7600rpm. Never tried any higher as sled only has 50km on it now so i will give it a chance to loosen up. I just wanted to see if anyone has some decent miles on these sleds yet and how the clutching has been. Clutch temps seemed to stay low though throughout the day which is good. Sure took me a few roll overs before i figured out not to try to hard to carve. Going from an 04 rev to this was quite a change. Sure love the 163,glad thats what I ordered. I dont think I will ever go back to something smaller.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Finally rode mine for more than 5 minutes. At 6000' on clicker 1 it would only pull 7000rpm. Went straight to clicker 4 and would only pull 7600rpm. Never tried any higher as sled only has 50km on it now so i will give it a chance to loosen up. I just wanted to see if anyone has some decent miles on these sleds yet and how the clutching has been. Clutch temps seemed to stay low though throughout the day which is good. Sure took me a few roll overs before i figured out not to try to hard to carve. Going from an 04 rev to this was quite a change. Sure love the 163,glad thats what I ordered. I dont think I will ever go back to something smaller.

350+ kms and everything has been great. I am on clicker 4 and I think the RPM's are okay but I haven't taken a peek yet. On 3, on a flat road with an elevation of 5000' the highest was 7000 RPM. I am considering undoing the quick release as the meadows are getting quite rutted and I want to see the difference.

But I am a happy camper.

gopherchoker

Reaction score
Any one else have problems with their throttle sticking freezing. My boss and i both had this happen to us, temp being around -15 c. mine hung up around 3500 while my boss hung up closer to WFO going to talk to dealer tomorrow.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one else have problems with their throttle sticking freezing. My boss and i both had this happen to us, temp being around -15 c. mine hung up around 3500 while my boss hung up closer to WFO going to talk to dealer tomorrow.
Busting 4ft pow in -15 will cause this. The key is to recognize the problem is starting to happen and deal with it before it gets to a WOT problem. Its the nature of the conditions no matter what brand you ride.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's snow getting in behind the throttle and melting. Then freezing. Blip the throttle before you start it an you will be fine. Having your thumb warmer on worsens. The condition. Nothing your dealer can do just nature like mentioned

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's snow getting in behind the throttle and melting. Then freezing. Blip the throttle before you start it an you will be fine. Having your thumb warmer on worsens. The condition. Nothing your dealer can do just nature like mentioned

Yep. I had my throttle ice up on one of my first rides, but since I saw where the ice/snow builds up I always give the throttle lever a flick or two to make sure it's clear before starting/after playing in lots of pow.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a super aggressive rider and can't believe the belt life on mine. I'm at 600 km and its pretty much wide open all the time. . I drive the snot out of it and no belt issue. If there was i woulda chewed through one by now. Gas is the only issue. I can kill a tank in 80 km cause I ride so aggressive. But wow I love this sled. My friends on other brands are getting sick of me talking about my xm. Which is funny cause I'm a old doo hater but brp nailed it with this sled

gopherchoker

Reaction score
Busting 4ft pow in -15 will cause this. The key is to recognize the problem is starting to happen and deal with it before it gets to a WOT problem. Its the nature of the conditions no matter what brand you ride.

Lol wish I was in 1 foot powder. No I was just riding here at home on the prairies. Barely any powder near the throttle at all. Put 2500km on my 600 etec busting drifts and have never had my throttle stick. New sled with less than fifty miles on it. Shouldn't be happening right.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Lol wish I was in 1 foot powder. No I was just riding here at home on the prairies. Barely any powder near the throttle at all. Put 2500km on my 600 etec busting drifts and have never had my throttle stick. New sled with less than fifty miles on it. Shouldn't be happening right.

Shouldn't be happening no matter what!

Reactions: LBZ

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
well judging by your list of toys, I'd imagine yours is one of the most un-bias opinions out there.... obviously no brand loyalty there.....lol

I'm a super aggressive rider and can't believe the belt life on mine. I'm at 600 km and its pretty much wide open all the time. . I drive the snot out of it and no belt issue. If there was i woulda chewed through one by now. Gas is the only issue. I can kill a tank in 80 km cause I ride so aggressive. But wow I love this sled. My friends on other brands are getting sick of me talking about my xm. Which is funny cause I'm a old doo hater but brp nailed it with this sled

2010 279 mcx nytro and 2010 180 mcx nytro
2009 cross fire 800r
2012 outlander 1000
2013 pro 163
2013 xm 163

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Page 22??? Oh chit... Better go revive the old proclimb problem thread... You guys are starting to catch up!! Hehehehe

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put two hard days at Revy, The only problem I had was getting unstuck by myself cause noone could get up to where I was to help me!!!!. Running Great!

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went out for a 28k ride 163 xm and 08 154 xp when we got back noticed the xm non ported track was right full of snow and the xp ported track had next to nothing for snow. So the debate continues. I filled up a 20l bucket right full with snow and ice chunks to spare from the xm which weighed 12lbs on the scale.. The snow is light and fluffy right now. We both took turns leading all fresh trails.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went out for a 28k ride 163 xm and 08 154 xp when we got back noticed the xm non ported track was right full of snow and the xp ported track had next to nothing for snow. So the debate continues. I filled up a 20l bucket right full with snow and ice chunks to spare from the xm which weighed 12lbs on the scale.. The snow is light and fluffy right now. We both took turns leading all fresh trails.

What debate? Pretty common knowledge that ported tracks evacuate snow better than a non ported. Now BRP ported tracks, those are simply over ported. There is a fine line between porting and over porting.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
group of us were just talking about sorta that issue, rode a copuple days with 2 XM's 2 Pro's. Both awesome choices for mountain sleds, but we got comparing in the trailer and the XM tunnel definetly retains more snow than the pro. The snow consistency was deep powder, 15 below ish so not sticky and we didnt make a point of knocking any snow out of either, just drove em in the trailer nad shut em off, very obvious. Even during the day riding the xm certainly holds more snow IN the tunnel. The new Pro and XM both worked really well. Ironically everyone was worried about the new Pro, no driveshaft clamp, and as it turned out the 163 XM had an issue, we got it back to the trailer but it had to take a day off the 2 nd day, the Pro and the other XM ran spot on.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What debate? Pretty common knowledge that ported tracks evacuate snow better than a non ported. Now BRP ported tracks, those are simply over ported. There is a fine line between porting and over porting.

I agree. I think I am going to port mine similar to the old attack 20 that I had on my rev. Worked awesome with the minimal amount that was done. Less is more IMO.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
group of us were just talking about sorta that issue, rode a copuple days with 2 XM's 2 Pro's. Both awesome choices for mountain sleds, but we got comparing in the trailer and the XM tunnel definetly retains more snow than the pro. The snow consistency was deep powder, 15 below ish so not sticky and we didnt make a point of knocking any snow out of either, just drove em in the trailer nad shut em off, very obvious. Even during the day riding the xm certainly holds more snow IN the tunnel. The new Pro and XM both worked really well. Ironically everyone was worried about the new Pro, no driveshaft clamp, and as it turned out the 163 XM had an issue, we got it back to the trailer but it had to take a day off the 2 nd day, the Pro and the other XM ran spot on.

Did you want to elaborate on the XM issue?

Top Bottom