Skidoo xm problem thread..........

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BUT BUT It's a new model year...It's all new...They need another year to work the bugs out...

you can quote this post for future reference. but there will not be any significant issues with the XM snowmobile. mark these words. LOL

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BUT BUT It's a new model year...It's all new...They need another year to work the bugs out...

Really??? I guess cat never got that memo... Apparently it takes about 3-4 years to work out all those bugs!!

Hopefully you don't eat those words maxwell... They don't taste very good! Been there... Done that.... LOL

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah this thread will die the same death all the other Doo problem threads do. What could go wrong? Lol.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah this thread will die the same death all the other Doo problem threads do. What could go wrong? Lol.

Could be a bubble in your oil line.... Could outweigh its previous chasis..... Could vibrate all the nuts and bolts out...... Oh wait... Cat might sue them for copying their idea to put out a successor sled chasis with more problems then the old one... I bet that would make them jealous!!! LOL.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First problem will be the T-motion snapping after a few hard landings.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly I think the biggest problem is having to listen to and read posts of the non-believers, riding their old technology.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a problem with the new XM....Canadian pricing.....

huh??

thats why the hold their resale value?? so if you buy the new sled for 2k cheaper you will sell it for 2k cheaper 3 years down the road... where is the savings here? Perfect example is a Polaris Pro ya 1500 hun cheaper but its worth 1500 less in a year so same same right?

and if we all brought them from the USA they would ALL be worth less therefore no savings?

please explain to us??

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
back on topic.....

I was also fearful of the new design year after owning a 08xp but I am also hoping for no major set backs. they have put some hard miles on the xm and the chassis seems to be holding up. I am pretty sure BRP doesnt want a repeat of the XP first year lol

come on winter

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First problem will be the T-motion snapping after a few hard landings.

If you take a look at the tmotion there will be no snapping of this. Especially since it moves very minimal. And once airborne it would go back to straight anyways. The front arm is the same but split...

The rear arm heim joint is very beefy. You will be breaking bones before that skid.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might want to give Rob Alford or Carl Kuster a call about that. They,ll set you straight. Just sayn...;);)

and JonJean mentioned he was bottoming out the shocks but T motion was all good!!!! it a simple system really nothing to break well we can break anything but ya know what i mean

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The chassis has been out since 2008 so I would expect it to be trouble free.

Top Bottom