Skidoo xm problem thread..........

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of sitting down with a couple beers, a tube of dielectric grease and applying it to all the connectors. I wonder if it will cause problems with the gauge connector ?

Last edited:

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My handle bar heaters keep shorting out. Bring through the grips burning my gloves. Been through 2 on each side now on my 3rd one for the right hand side back to the dealer I go.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dielectric grease is designed to prevent corrosion and lube the rubber boots, and not for increasing conductivity. It won't hurt putting it on, just use it sparingly with a small detail paint brush and wipe excess off. Any exposed grease will collect belt dust and in a few years time be messy.

I'm thinking of sitting down with a couple beers, a tube of dielectric grease and applying it to all the connectors. I wonder if it will cause problems with the gauge connector ?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the same problem one time riding in the rain...dropped it off at Martin and it started working again, they found nothing. I was told the cluster isn't sealed but wasn't really given a solution. One buddy of mine had it happen, said they just blew out the connector and it fixed er.

Yea mine are completely fawked now. My friend had the same thing happen, reset his hour meter too. Oh well keepin the kms down should help my resale value...lol

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the underside of your rave valve cover right above the y-pipe. All 3 of the XM's in our group have melted a hole in them allowing belt dust etc to gum up the raves. It's easy to get to if you just take off your clutch guard. Dealer says it could be caused by not enough cool air getting in the engine compartment if you have the pre-filter screen in the nose. I put some foil heat tape on the cover. We'll see if it holds up.

Mine was the same way. Put foil tape on for now. Will clean raves and replace cover over the summer. Raves still seemed to be moving nice now. Also broke handle bars beside riser. 2014 bars not much better than 2013 in my opinion.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was the same way. Put foil tape on for now. Will clean raves and replace cover over the summer. Raves still seemed to be moving nice now. Also broke handle bars beside riser. 2014 bars not much better than 2013 in my opinion.

I forgot about the raves but I checked mine after reading this, seems good but I put the foil tape on it anyway.

As far as the recoil, definitely foil tape that!!! First doo that I ever owned that I didn't put the foil on the recoil and it gave me grief!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone experience a CEL, sled shutting down, or dropping to one cylinder and throwing a Warm up across the screen while at normal operating temp.

Sled is a 2014 xmx

Last edited:

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a link that tells you what the codes mean.

https://www.snowandmud.com/ski-doo-xp-sleds-460/budds-code-reader-edmonton-82950.html#post1782816

I also found this on another site....

p1562- low voltage on system voltage circuit
possible causes-Damaged circuit wires, connector, injector, ignition coil, oil pump, capacitor or ECM.
service actions-Check for inverted wires on magneto connector, loose connection on capacitor.
Check for defective component as describe in Possible Causes.
p1563- high voltage on system voltage circuit
possible cauases-Damaged circuit wires, connector or ECM
service actions-Check for inverted wires on magneto connector, loose connection on capacitor.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a link that tells you what the codes mean.

https://www.snowandmud.com/ski-doo-xp-sleds-460/budds-code-reader-edmonton-82950.html#post1782816

I also found this on another site....

p1562- low voltage on system voltage circuit
possible causes-Damaged circuit wires, connector, injector, ignition coil, oil pump, capacitor or ECM.
Check for defective component as describe in Possible Causes.
p1563- high voltage on system voltage circuit
possible cauases-Damaged circuit wires, connector or ECM

Been messing with is and it's throwing both P1562 and P1563. I guess we will see what the dealer finds.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Set of coils on one 2013 with 2800ish km. injectors on the other at 2500ish km.

moisture we think was the culprit for the coils... Better stop slaying endless deep pow or put a screen kit on :)

Alex Hokanson

Reaction score
hey i was riding today on a 2014 summit xm 154 with 35% break in left and the tach and speedo froze up and had no power to the gauges.sled ran fine but no gauges at all for the rest of the day.tried messing with the plug in and am currently drying it out in my house.any ideas anyone?

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a gauge glitch last year, but it was only once. Same thing, the speedo and tach froze up. I hit the kill switch, restarted the sled and everything worked again. Sounds like it may need a dealer checkup to diagnose the problem.

driller

Reaction score
had the same thing happen and it turned out to be a short in the kill switch
changed the switch

Top Bottom