Skidoo xm problem thread..........

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone else seem like they have a good vibrating through there feet (2014 800 sp 146) tighted my track belts fine but still a descent vibration
Check the 4 torx bolts on the back of your secondary into the helix. 2 of mine were backing out and it made a hell of a vibration.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^
Exactly. It's not rocket science to keep a bolt tight?
But you would think it was for BRP.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
My 13 f'd up yesterday. Started out by not pulling anything over half throttle to now barely even being able to drive up my ramp onto the deck. I think it's the fuel pump because when it first started acting up if it sat for a minute or two it would go for a few minutes before having issue. It did get me home but it's in bad shape now. It also will barely start now and when it does it is very rough and only idling around 900 rpm.

Looks like my PTO side injector was my issue. Electricaly it is working but mechanicaly it has failed. Only the second one my dealer has seen on an etec.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a problem with cables getting melted on their Xm's. This is happening on 3 of our 2014s all have The Thing Cooker Cans. 2 are in this condition and one is just starting to melt.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392944662.328048.jpg

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was that wire in a plastic holder? Looks like the plastic melted as well. I have a hps can and no melted wires in 800 miles. My recoil acted up on the last ride tho. Wouldn't go back in properly, but is fine now that the engine is cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the rear axle problem? The first thing I did to mine was add more loctite to it. Just broke them free a week ago to tighten my track, added more loctite to both bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like that thing can isn't ceramic coated? That's definetly the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Anyone know of a place in town that does ceramic coating? Also do you figure reflective wrap on the cables and some header wrap on the top pipe of the can would help?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a place in town that does ceramic coating? Also do you figure reflective wrap on the cables and some header wrap on the top pipe of the can would help?

Ya used to do that with twin pipes lots wrapping wire shrouds with reflective tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a problem with cables getting melted on their Xm's. This is happening on 3 of our 2014s all have The Thing Cooker Cans. 2 are in this condition and one is just starting to melt.

View attachment 167556

Mine's the same way

Put heat tape on the wires there, and bracket

Good now

sent while I should be drinking tea's

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My gauges all quit working. The sled runs fine tho, so im not really concerned at this point.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just noticed on a couple of my 13 XM that the nut/bolt where the front arm attach to the rails was a bit loose and has started to pound the hole bigger.

drunkukrainian

Reaction score
My gauges all quit working. The sled runs fine tho, so im not really concerned at this point.

Had the same problem one time riding in the rain...dropped it off at Martin and it started working again, they found nothing. I was told the cluster isn't sealed but wasn't really given a solution. One buddy of mine had it happen, said they just blew out the connector and it fixed er.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sealed? High dollar electronics with wet snow laying on it all day? Geez what are they thinking?

Top Bottom