Skidoo xm problem thread..........

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone having any problems with their intakes pealing away from the framing noticed this over the weekend and also had 2 other sleds in our group who had the same problem one if separated from the framing and had to be tapes up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392686623.803595.jpg

Anyone try these vent covers from http://www.xtremeairvents.com/17.html
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392686704.253028.jpg

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That post was in reference to the rave cover melting. Sorry I don't know how to quote posts from my phone. Nothing really to take a pic of there lol
I did however break a hole on one of my air intakes and I'm going to look into one of those vent cover things you posted up, thanks

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parking break sensor.... Does anyone know where it is? Mine is flashing&beeping the f'ing light continuously. Thinking it is the same as the break light sensor on the handle?

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
My 13 f'd up yesterday. Started out by not pulling anything over half throttle to now barely even being able to drive up my ramp onto the deck. I think it's the fuel pump because when it first started acting up if it sat for a minute or two it would go for a few minutes before having issue. It did get me home but it's in bad shape now. It also will barely start now and when it does it is very rough and only idling around 900 rpm.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parking break sensor.... Does anyone know where it is? Mine is flashing&beeping the f'ing light continuously. Thinking it is the same as the break light sensor on the handle?

Yes it is and I've busted a few of those. Chances are one of the mounts is broken causing it to stay on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was showing Check engine and the coolant temp light went on. This was just after I got the new coolant clamps fixed...This was at the start of the ride on both days. I just shut off the sled, and the problem went way after restarting. I got the same while descending down a hill later yesterday.. I am not sure if it's just an air bubble in the system, or a bad thermostat, or sensor...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was showing Check engine and the coolant temp light went on. This was just after I got the new coolant clamps fixed...This was at the start of the ride on both days. I just shut off the sled, and the problem went way after restarting. I got the same while descending down a hill later yesterday.. I am not sure if it's just an air bubble in the system, or a bad thermostat, or sensor...

thats what the muffler warning does. both those lights. nothing reading on the screen?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It just said check engine... the hot water temp light goes on.

I have an MBRP, but never had anything happen ever before I had the coolant leak

thats what the muffler warning does. both those lights. nothing reading on the screen?

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have an MBRP, but never had anything happen ever before I had the coolant leak

Did the dealer fix the coolant leak? Maybe they reflashed it while it was in there. I got the new flash installed on mine last weekend and noticed the same thing happened to me twice on the weekend.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I.c the doo has a updated rear axle bolt bulletin, that has a bolt keeper

Kind of chincy tho

sent while I should be drinking tea's

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My wife's sled does the same thing with her MBRP can. I thought it would go away after brake in but it didn't.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the pics of it

No part # tho

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1392731539318.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392731539318.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 310

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So...
What were we expecting, a whole new axle design and replacement?? It should work.

Looks like the keeper off of the exhaust sensor. Chincey I'd say..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya looks kind of weak to me too

But for now the red locktight has done to job

Dunno if I will press to get it done

Mabe a new style will come

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So...
What were we expecting, a whole new axle design and replacement?? It should work.

So...
I can't have an opinion. I'm sure it will work. Just the same as the shaft clamp works on the pros. Just seems to me like a 5cent fix on my 15000$ sled. IMO of course...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who needs any of those fixes anyways. lock tite and regular checks like people should be doing regularly anyways

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who needs any of those fixes anyways. lock tite and regular checks like people should be doing regularly anyways

Cause I want it fixed, for my own piece of mind, so I don't get stuck somewhere like my buddy did with his 13 xm...it's just a good thing I had my xp axle at home and not too far away, went back down and got it, went back in the dark, bolted it up and limped it out... Fawked up his drivers, rail tips ect... He paid for it all outa his pocket...

So it's not in the back of my mind, jeez did I check them this ride

It's bullch!t

Last edited:
Top Bottom