Skidoo xm problem thread..........

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leaking from the manifold where the 4 lines come out of. Gonna let the dealer figure out the rest

Sent from my iPhone using

So a fitting on the pump manifold is cracked. Brp all ready knows of other failures so they are not releasing any pumps for replacement till they re qc there stock. They want my pump air mailed to them ASAP to figure out what's up. I have to wait a week for a new pump but am pleased that they are looking into this with due diligence. Even though it's my first brp and had this happen I am happy with the steps they are taking.

xmsummit154

Reaction score
So I have been hearing of a lot of doos getting towed out of the hills with S module damage. What exactly are they wrecking and what should a guy do to prevent this from happening?? Do the grip and rip braces fix this weak point or are they for something else?? Any knowledge would be appreciated thanks in advance.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris, Cat and Yamaha's are bending up to. They are running into immovable objects under the snow. Lol. The Rip and Grip Braces will help some but really it is a crapshoot when you hit something. Angle and speed aren't right and you will bend up alot of aluminum casting.

xmsummit154

Reaction score
Polaris, Cat and Yamaha's are bending up to. They are running into immovable objects under the snow. Lol. The Rip and Grip Braces will help some but really it is a crapshoot when you hit something. Angle and speed aren't right and you will bend up alot of aluminum casting.

Saw a video of two new 1100 turbo cats coming out by chopper with blown chaincases at Revy this weak lol So the doo's aren't alone haha

xmsummit154

Reaction score
So were in Canada do you buy the grip and rip braces ?? Or do you have to order them off there website from the states??

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took a couple of pics of my DESS post and the key I am running vs one of the 2 spares I have. The one that came with the sled is the one on the top, and the one I am going to get the sled programmed to is on the left. The older one has that "bump on it, which I think makes a difference.

HOWEVER,

Notice the little straight part on the DESS post tip. I looked at a couple of SP's and they didn't have this. It's hard to see.

Perhaps it's one of those things they just stopped making for the "X"View attachment 163390View attachment 163391 because they are chitty, and my sled got missed.
The one on the right is the new style.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I have been hearing of a lot of doos getting towed out of the hills with S module damage. What exactly are they wrecking and what SHOULD A GUY DO TO PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING?? Do the grip and rip braces fix this weak point or are they for something else?? ANY knowledge would be appreciated thanks in advance.
DONT HIT **** WHEN THE SNOW IS THIN>STAY INDOORS>RIDE WITH CAUTION>:beer:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
So I have been hearing of a lot of doos getting towed out of the hills with S module damage. What exactly are they wrecking and what should a guy do to prevent this from happening?? Do the grip and rip braces fix this weak point or are they for something else?? Any knowledge would be appreciated thanks in advance.

What weak point?? If you smash a rock your whole sled is the weak point!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
So I have been hearing of a lot of doos getting towed out of the hills with S module damage. What exactly are they wrecking and what should a guy do to prevent this from happening??

Ride where one knows it is safe. I have ridden 7 days so far and have basically, ridden the same meadows that I have always done. I know there are no rocks in those meadows. I have been very cautious in the trees. There is not enough snow yet.

The young guns may have deep enough pockets or are full of pee and vinegar but this dude is cautious with the early season riding.

lmg225

Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems with there 2014 XM not going into reverse? I have 150 miles on the sled and went to off load it from the truck and it wouldn't go into reverse.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems with there 2014 XM not going into reverse? I have 150 miles on the sled and went to off load it from the truck and it wouldn't go into reverse.

The only time I have had that happen is when the RPM's were too high. It also used to happen when the sled (the 2013) wasn't warmed up enough.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So any guys that have been out riding already find there LH panel still not closing properly? I know that one guy a month or so ago said that his dealer told him the problem would solve itself in the cold. Any feedback?

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So any guys that have been out riding already find there LH panel still not closing properly? I know that one guy a month or so ago said that his dealer told him the problem would solve itself in the cold. Any feedback?

Well, I had mine flipped and I found it way too stiff to open after riding it for an hour or so. So I decided to put them back to how they came and I will update on how it is after this weekend.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine close just fine???

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of guys complaining when they picked them up from there dealer early in the season. Guess will find out on my first ride?
Didn't get mine till Nov 17th,, maybe they solved the problem on the sleds sent out later?

Top Bottom