2021 Polaris PRO RMK 155 850 (Base w/ 2.6) vs 2021 Skidoo Summit SP 850 (Base w/ 3.0)

tucker_98

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has ridden these two sleds or similar. I am in the market and have them available within what I consider to be an acceptable drive (4 hours) with a starting MSRP within $300 of each other. I am split 50/50 and can't make up my mind on which one I should be spending my cash on. Here's how I've broken it down so far, just wondering if I am missing something. I admit, this is a doublepost, I have the same thing within the Skidoo G4 section, since I figured I am going to get biased answers from each side lol. Hope thats OK...

2021 Polaris PRO RMK 155 850 (Base w/ 2.6)
155" Length
2.6" Lug
Manual Start
Black

2021 Skidoo Summit SP 154 850 (Base w/ 3.0)
154" Length
3.0" Lug
Manual Start
Black

I do about a 50/50 between Golden, BC mountain riding and Cataract Creek, AB (more or less trail with some off trail) riding. Not a super technical tree rider at all at this point, I do jump/drop fairly religiously and like pulling hills. Been known to ride in less than ideal snow conditions to scratch the itch, first ride this year was Nov 5. 6 days so far this season, until I sold my sled with the crazy used market we have. I've had a 2013 Skidoo XM 154 for a few years as well as recently a 2015 Polaris Pro RMK 155, no problems at all with either and I liked them both. No complaints what so ever.

Option wise the two new sleds I'm considering are nearly identical, manual start, 154 / 155 track length, basey type mountain sled. Both 850s. Skidoo has a 3.0 lug where the Polaris has a 2.6. I assume the Skidoo would be more of a wheelie machine (I don't really consider that to be a negative for my style), but am a little nervous of how that 3.0 track would hold up with some trail/low snow abuse. I think in the longrun the Skidoo would have better resale value, I would be keeping it for at least 5 years. Tried a few G4's that I was left with the impression they are very soft / ****tier on a trail, but that's also probably suspension setup I'm thinking. Had the opposite opinion when I recently tried a 2020 Pro RMK on the mountain, little stiff and twitchy. Again, probably shock setup and it was brand new. I tend to crank my shock preloads quite high for landings. I know these basey shocks aren't quite suited to that but its worked for me.

As of right now I was going to just get the quotes and pull the trigger on whatever one I can get for less or get more warranty on if they are the same. Anything I'm missing or should be considering? Would love a Khaos or Expert but that's out of the budget. I have two local dealers in my town so that doesnt affect my decision either (although I won't be buying from either of them).

Thanks guys.

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well since you have owned doo and poo in the past this should all be you based on past experience, get ready for alot of bias on each forum, especially the doo lol

tucker_98

Reaction score
well since you have owned doo and poo in the past this should all be you based on past experience, get ready for alot of bias on each forum, especially the doo lol

Haha you would think that would be the case but I'm split 50/50 pretty bad lol. And yeah I'm expecting very opposite responses out of each side lol.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you do a lot of trail riding I’d go for the shorter track lug.

To play Devils advocate, I think the foo has a better cooling system, the pro rmk is meant for deep snow

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Warranty and more importantly how good is your dealer. These sleds are all so good right now but if the dealer sucks it’s going to be a long 5 years of ownership. If you are going to ride any amount of trails I don’t think that 3” is a good choice.

smc

Reaction score
The 2.6” belt drive will be a much better trail running sled. If you drive faster then 80 km/h for any length of time that skidoo 3” track won’t last 2000kms.

If you like how the skidoo wheelies then the RMK will be pretty boring in comparison.

Like you mentioned, I would let the price and warranty be the deciding factor.

tucker_98

Reaction score
Still waiting to hear from the dealerships when they open on Monday/Tuesday to see how warranty compares.

Have both dealers where I live, from what I gather neither is super stellar, that's been my experience anyways.

I definitely do spend time above 80kmh... I didnt consider that the 3" might totally come apart with aggressive trail riding like that. Hmm. I was wanting 3' for the wheelie factor, really missed the ski lift from the Doo after switching to Polaris.

This is why I posted this. You guys are pointing out lots of stuff I didn't consider so thank you.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That Polaris can wheelie too but you have to adjust the rear suspension and dial it where you want it.

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pro is planted. If you want Doo like feeling when keeping the front end light grab a khaos you will not be disappointed

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a Polaris guy, but I'm going to tell you something I normally wouldn't. Get the doo. IMO the 3 lug 3" doo track is far superior to the 4 lug 2.6" Polaris. Neither the 3" doo or 3" poo tracks can be run at high speed on the trail, they both come apart. That 850 doo engine is crisp and the whole package works well out of the box. The Polaris is good too, but after running a 3" track I don't think I could go back to a 2.6". Either way you compromise, but I'd rather have the best performance in deep snow and on the hills and be slower on the trails.

Top Bottom