I guess we will need a new Matryx 900 section tomorrow?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that like when Doo claimed the 800etec was 163.9HP and then when the 850 came out they said it was 165HP, 10 more than the 800 etec? I'm no Mathemagician but Doo's numbers have never been "real" imo.

Doo's propaganda is a neat marketing strategy, I'll give Doo that. Your comment is a perfect example of projection. Projection is a defense mechanism in which an individual recognizes their unacceptable traits or impulses in someone else to avoid recognizing those traits or impulses in themselves. Like I said in a previous post, I was lied to enough from Doo. I'm done with BRP. I'm being lied to by Polaris too, they just aren't as smug about it.

View attachment 253770View attachment 253771

I have to agree. And I'm a Doo guy. That 165 HP number has been around forever for whatever reason and Doo obviously knows that..

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
I bet Doo's 800 vs 850 numbers are probably more accurate than people think. I still believe the majority of performance increase the G4 exhibits of the XM comes from reduced rotating mass on the track. 2 HP may very well be accurate
In the one video they say the 850 is 165, 10 more than the 800. So that means the 800 is 155. But before the 850 came out in the other video they claimed 163.9hp. So does that mean the 850 is only making 1.1hp more than the 800 and they are lying about the 800 being 155 to make it seem there is a gain to the 850? Or were they lying about the 800 being 163.9hp the whole time?

I also remember when the G4 was released it had a smaller fuel tank. BRP said this won't decrease fuel range because the XM needed to be "burped" and you couldn't fill the tank all the way so there was no difference to the smaller tank on the G4.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont feel top end power of the 850 is much more then a 800 skidoo but all the dif is in the torque/acceleration doo really made the sled snap with the booster injectors. Was riding my wifes 800 on the weekend and the lowend power dif was alot more then i rememebr as i havnt been on a 800 since 2016, the hp number really
Isnt a big deal in my eyes my old 600
Sno pro cat race sled waxxed most 800s and it was 130hp sled going up against 150-155 hp sleds at that time in the sled drags hp is just a number it doesnt mean everything look at drag racing 3500 hp twin turbos get beat by 2200hp procharged cars its al in the power delivery, tuning thats the most important

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all these great comments on me, but still crickets on the numbers from the manufacture, do they know the numbers but are not saying , is that good or bad, interesting, I am just wondering why you guys don't feel a true answer from the guys who actually build the sled is needed. I just find that strange. I like all sleds, Polaris has a great one, just asking why no numbers? Real Numbers
These numbers were confirmed by independant dynos. Maybe incorrect but they did the Doo numbers at the same time to compare. Sure Polaris is not advertising them but it is probably for legal reasons they prefer not.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its interesting that everyone thinks the boost makes 180hp+, watch the Muskoka freerider review on the 154 boost vs the 154 tdoo. He put 2000k on each one so far and flat-out says the performance is very similar. so where did the 15hp go? Surely he would have made a point to say that a machine with 15 more hp and 30 less lbs performs substantially better but not the same?

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Disregarding the subpar track that most have agreed polaris has? Seems it shines over the doo where the track is suited and not so much where it isnt.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its interesting that everyone thinks the boost makes 180hp+, watch the Muskoka freerider review on the 154 boost vs the 154 tdoo. He put 2000k on each one so far and flat-out says the performance is very similar. so where did the 15hp go? Surely he would have made a point to say that a machine with 15 more hp and 30 less lbs performs substantially better but not the same?
That’s 15 hp more at 8000’. Where muskoka raced, the doo was probably only making 3 lbs compared to the poo making 9 lbs. I agree where’s all this power difference because it sure doesn’t translate to what’s happening on the hills.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s 15 hp more at 8000’. Where muskoka raced, the doo was probably only making 3 lbs compared to the poo making 9 lbs. I agree where’s all this power difference because it sure doesn’t translate to what’s happening on the hills.

the spread between the two should always be 15hp. right? one is always 165 and one is always "180" maybe im misunderstanding how the boost operates

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad he went with the 2.75 for next season and not the 3" that he sounded like he was planning in the first video.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 15HP goes when we put the same track on both sleds and you get a spanking thats the 15hp........ Gawd why do I have to explain this ??

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Basically you just bolt a $2000 ski doo track onto your polaris and then it magically works.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sooooo, after all the name calling, sled bashing I guess we may be able to agree that both sleds are actually really close out of the box when they are ridden in the mountains? or are we still claiming one sled is crushing the other one?

asking for a friend.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He says the doo has a more linear pull on the bottom end but more top end power

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have been down this road. The skidoo track and better clutching make the Summit perform very well for the 165hp at elevation. Take a boost with clutching and a skidoo track and its not even a comparison any more.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have been down this road. The skidoo track and better clutching make the Summit perform very well for the 165hp at elevation. Take a boost with clutching and a skidoo track and its not even a comparison any more.

hmm i dont know about that. Havent rode yours yet. But im pretty sure if i put your clutch setup in my 2022 that i had last year it would feel very similar to Chris's sled. All mine was lacking was top end speed in marginal snow. and i know i can fix that. Maybe we will get another dump to test that theory but not looking good lol

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FEF30F8B-4CF7-4C19-BB76-F2F3E38ED2B6.gif

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sooooo, after all the name calling, sled bashing I guess we may be able to agree that both sleds are actually really close out of the box when they are ridden in the mountains? or are we still claiming one sled is crushing the other one?

asking for a friend.
They are extremely close out of the box, I'd say in the deep snow the Skidoo holds its own. But after the install of skidoo's track onto the Polaris Its clearly seen the Polaris has the edge. Sorry to say but the track swap is a wash the 2.7 sells for the same price of the Doo track so no additional funds are needed.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm i dont know about that. Havent rode yours yet. But im pretty sure if i put your clutch setup in my 2022 that i had last year it would feel very similar to Chris's sled. All mine was lacking was top end speed in marginal snow. and i know i can fix that. Maybe we will get another dump to test that theory but not looking good lol
fkn hear say.

Top Bottom