I guess we will need a new Matryx 900 section tomorrow?

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Basically you just bolt a $2000 ski doo track onto your polaris and then it magically works.
Umm yeah its a better track and the price is a wash, its really not that hard to comprehend 2.7 vs 3.0 in deep snow the 3.0 always wins.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are extremely close out of the box, I'd say in the deep snow the Skidoo holds its own. But after the install of skidoo's track onto the Polaris Its clearly seen the Polaris has the edge. Sorry to say but the track swap is a wash the 2.7 sells for the same price of the Doo track so no additional funds are needed.
Does this just apply to deep snow conditions?

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here is my Boost 165 - with clutching, gearing and Doo track (left) vs 2021 Turbo Doo 175 with gearing and a team tied conversion and clutching (right). There close, but the top end of the boost starts to pull away.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock to Stock the Skidoo has a slight edge in deep snow. The Skidoo track is just that much better, and it would be 3.5 pitch 3 inch.
Did you notice any side hill gains/loss with the doo track? Just curious if washing out on a doo is spindle/ski/suspension geometry or more to do with flex edge track? I guess the flex edge wouldn’t be as noticeable missing the 1/2” on either side.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 15HP goes when we put the same track on both sleds and you get a spanking thats the 15hp........ Gawd why do I have to explain this ??

Chrisco, we were riding down by Cranbrook weekend before last in an area called heaven… the way we first tried to get in to the area was more like hell… we had two 163 boost and two T-Doos 154 in the group.. the snow was pretty good considering the temps, 8-10” of fresh on top. We came to a hill that both boost pulled first try, both T doos took several runs… I was on my na Khaos, I didn’t try it, getting to old and fat for those long steep pulls… track wise the 154 has a little more belt on the ground but length surely helps on the steep chit.. but wasn’t even close….
I think there’s a little smoke getting blown up some good folks ass on here!!!

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chrisco, we were riding down by Cranbrook weekend before last in an area called heaven… the way we first tried to get in to the area was more like hell… we had two 163 boost and two T-Doos 154 in the group.. the snow was pretty good considering the temps, 8-10” of fresh on top. We came to a hill that both boost pulled first try, both T doos took several runs… I was on my na Khaos, I didn’t try it, getting to old and fat for those long steep pulls… track wise the 154 has a little more belt on the ground but length surely helps on the steep chit.. but wasn’t even close….
I think there’s a little smoke getting blown up some good folks ass on here!!!
Mine and Bens comparisons are based off same track same track length same rider on the same hill same day with multiple pulls. Now if your asking me if I slap my 175 on my sled and pull against Bens sled in DEEP snow what sled would come out on top ? Mine. In a foot to 1.5 feet that 2.7 does seem to work good on the Polaris and if you hit a track in your climb the ground speed almost doubles lol so I think it all depends on the case. Like I said everything we have done has been in DEEP snow. Basically if you want to unquestionably spank Skidoos in Deep snow slap on that track. Skidoo and Polaris are both great sleds, one does some things better and the other does some things better they both are years ahead of the other two brands.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does 3.2” beat 3”?
Haven't tested that track but I do believe the 3.5 pitch plays a big part in how well the Skidoo 3 inch works. Based off other 3.0 pitch 3 inch tracks that we have tested my guess would be No.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Is that like when Doo claimed the 800etec was 163.9HP and then when the 850 came out they said it was 165HP, 10 more than the 800 etec? I'm no Mathemagician but Doo's numbers have never been "real" imo.

Doo's propaganda is a neat marketing strategy, I'll give Doo that. Your comment is a perfect example of projection. Projection is a defense mechanism in which an individual recognizes their unacceptable traits or impulses in someone else to avoid recognizing those traits or impulses in themselves. Like I said in a previous post, I was lied to enough from Doo. I'm done with BRP. I'm being lied to by Polaris too, they just aren't as smug about it.

View attachment 253770View attachment 253771

ski-doo never claimed it was, this is the issue, the aftermarket did, ski-doo claimed 154 for 800, that is why it went to 165 for 850, cheers dave

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ski-doo never claimed it was, this is the issue, the aftermarket did, ski-doo claimed 154 for 800, that is why it went to 165 for 850, cheers dave

It's right there on a Ski-doo video. Of course there is the asterisk, but brp is using it in their own marketing, so that's pretty clear they are acknowledging that number. No matter the angle, it's dirty marketing.
How about the reduced oil consumption and 4S longevity that was also claimed at the release of the 850?

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
It's right there on a Ski-doo video. Of course there is the asterisk, but brp is using it in their own marketing, so that's pretty clear they are acknowledging that number. No matter the angle, it's dirty marketing.
How about the reduced oil consumption and 4S longevity that was also claimed at the release of the 850?
3e66cv.jpg

Top Bottom