I guess we will need a new Matryx 900 section tomorrow?

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
D68DC4DD-A35D-44C7-B8AE-A8A20C5093BC.jpeg

WtF is going on here….. this is like a horse power Poser thread now.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay here is the reality. This is based on an independant 3rd party. When the manufacturers dyno their sleds they use a differnt method and their results sound really low, so they don't want to publish them. Instead they let companies like Bikeman dyno them and post high numbers. When looking at horse power you need to compare the numbers used for certification of the product OR the numbers from the same 3rd party dyno, preferably tested on the same day.

I have seen none of them post their own numbers (maybe Doo claiming 180 hp for 2023turbo?) and I bet they go great lengths to hide those results Chris Burandt told me these numbers were actually closer to 120HP for the 800's. Again a different method to dyno and in fact the lower the number, the easier it was for their product to get certified.
Any manufacturer that posts high HP numbers could face false advertising claims, if they don't have such disclaimers.

Last edited:

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay here is the reality. This is based on an independant 3rd party. When the manufacturers dyno their sleds they use a differnt method and their results sound really low, so they don't want to publish them. Instead they let companies like Bikeman dyno them and post high numbers. When looking at horse power you need to compare the numbers used for certification of the product OR the numbers from the same 3rd party dyno, preferably tested on the same day.

I have seen none of them post their own numbers (maybe Doo claiming 180 hp for 2023turbo?) and I bet they go lengths to hide those results Chris Burandt told me these numbers were actually closer to 120HP for the 800's. Again a different method to dyno and in fact the lower the number, the easier it was for their product to get certified.
Any manufacturer that posts high HP numbers could face false advertising claims if they don't have such disclaimers.
Well, this settles the HP fiasco. Let’s move on to other reasons people are hating on the Doo.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
D
No problem! It’s a taxpayer-subsidized french piece of chit. Howzat? LOLOOL
Yes but they are starting to listen to their customers and designing them more "Polaris Like" Lighter, skinnier, more powerful, an option to get rid of the T-Motion, better gauge, and on top of all that they are slowly moving to 15" wide tracks, like on the Lynx!

All they need to do now is come up with a vertical steering post option. Maybe 2024?

Finally they would be giving everybody what they have been asking for. So at least they are making a "more desirable" product.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
D

Yes but they are starting to listen to their customers and designing them more "Polaris Like" Lighter, skinnier, more powerful, an option to get rid of the T-Motion, better gauge, and on top of all that they are slowly moving to 15" wide tracks, like on the Lynx!

All they need to do now is come up with a vertical steering post option. Maybe 2024?

Finally they would be giving everybody what they have been asking for. So at least they are making a "more desirable" product.

other than lighter, your the only one asking for that

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
phuk no to the vertical steering post...
I said "Option". Like Cat has figured out to make both work on their chassis. Skidoo is starting to let customers build sled the way they want so why take away the trail style steering that many guys are used too. Now if they could figure out custome colours schemes they would add even more potential buyers.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have polaris for that. Be honest here, you're never buying a skidoo no matter what

You are like the anti-maxwell 🤣
Honestly, I rode Ski-Doo for the better part of 30 years. I have no problem with their looks, reliability and fit & finish. I like the idea of buying Canadian too. I just get turned off with the current offering when I try and ride them, lift them, or get stuck in a tight trail formation behind them and have to breathe their harsh smelling exhaust. The experience promises to get better going forward so I am hopeful they knock it out of the park. Polaris has been good for me and has kept offering things I value. I have not had many failures either, and if so, was taken care of very well. I like what these 2 manufacturers are doing and think it is good for all of us. I don't want Cat and Yamaha to fail either as they do have the potential for big things, if they can get organized.

Top Bottom