I guess we will need a new Matryx 900 section tomorrow?

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ski-doo never claimed it was, this is the issue, the aftermarket did, ski-doo claimed 154 for 800, that is why it went to 165 for 850, cheers dave
Ohhhh please, doo had no troubles using those "independent dyno" numbers in the brochures for years. Claim/ brag/ promote is all under the same category.

When the G4 was released I was still seeing XM's listed by doo dealers with 164hp in the add title.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa you can't use that reasoning, I tried that and some one cried and threads got pulled and I got nasty PM'd.
Be careful who's feelers you step on when using the truth or you will get the Doo Emergencies Act laid on your azz like a trucker!!!

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya lets compare a marketing tactic that clearly didnt work 12 years ago to what Polaris is doing today. But its fine that polaris is doing it now LOL

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine and Bens comparisons are based off same track same track length same rider on the same hill same day with multiple pulls. Now if your asking me if I slap my 175 on my sled and pull against Bens sled in DEEP snow what sled would come out on top ? Mine. In a foot to 1.5 feet that 2.7 does seem to work good on the Polaris and if you hit a track in your climb the ground speed almost doubles lol so I think it all depends on the case. Like I said everything we have done has been in DEEP snow. Basically if you want to unquestionably spank Skidoos in Deep snow slap on that track. Skidoo and Polaris are both great sleds, one does some things better and the other does some things better they both are years ahead of the other two brands.
Sounds like it will be Ski-Doo turbo for the win next season then? Unless they lose something with the G5 changes? e.g. turbo lag or something else?

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya lets compare a marketing tactic that clearly didnt work 12 years ago to what Polaris is doing today. But its fine that polaris is doing it now LOL

Well, to be fair, poo isn't making any claims of HP numbers; just a percentage increase over the patriot 850, for both the boost and the 9r.
Doo was using the 163.9hp all the way to 2016. Ironically the Rotax website says the 800R is 147hp. :LOL:

Funny, both the poo and doo websites currently claim to have the highest horsepower factory turbo 2S and the doo site still claims the 850 is the most powerful 2S.

e5fba054e1e20edae93a610c2985b426.gif

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, to be fair, poo isn't making any claims of HP numbers; just a percentage increase over the patriot 850, for both the boost and the 9r.
Doo was using the 163.9hp all the way to 2016. Ironically the Rotax website says the 800R is 147hp. :LOL:

Funny, both the poo and doo websites currently claim to have the highest horsepower factory turbo 2S and the doo site still claims the 850 is the most powerful 2S.

e5fba054e1e20edae93a610c2985b426.gif

Bring Rings and Pistons must be using the same propaganda outfit that’s been firing out Covid numbers for the last 2 years. 😂😂😂

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man, are you kidding???? Skidoo's OWN ads state the numbers. Man, You should run for a seat in the Liberal party with your lies.

its pretty clear, with a very large asterisk, in bold letters, that they are independent dyno numbers.

i cant believe how many people aren't getting this.

skidoo advertised third party dyno numbers but was very clear they were 3rd party. People whined, skidoo stopped doing that.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
its pretty clear, with a very large asterisk, in bold letters, that they are independent dyno numbers.

i cant believe how many people aren't getting this.

skidoo advertised third party dyno numbers but was very clear they were 3rd party. People whined, skidoo stopped doing that.
One could also say that that was their tactic. 163.9, yep and not even our Dyno. Verified by an independent 3rd party. See we aren't lying to you. We are Doo, were #1, were #1, were #1.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And what was the independent dyno result on the 850 etec? Fair bit higher than 163.9 if I recall correctly?

Top Bottom