2021-2022 Revelstoke Area Updates

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow is deep at Frisby and Sale as of today and yesterday.
The closure zones at both areas are wicked good riding.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
-20 in town,,,,-24 at cabin.
Balmy minus 31 windchill in town....

Time to race up to cabin ......BRRRRRRRR.

Beautiful sunny Blue skies To-Boot.

Boulder Cabin shows -29....

Last edited:

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being hurt or broke down is pretty dangerous in this weather even in the daytime.

We went a few times in minus 15 or colder weather. Now we just cancel trips and go the following weekend much safer. I guess that’s one benefit about riding with farmers other than hauling grain their schedules are pretty open in winter.

My motor skills started to fail on me one dec. Poor clothing, 40km from the truck, heavy snow and minus 10. I’m certain If my crew did not notice the signs and get me warmed up, I would have died. Some risks are not worth it.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And just as were chatting, S&R just received a call for some people stuck by the toilet bowl. Bad decisions, are putting others at risk. Not cool.

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used o go to rallies when it was -30 ,,,, still don't know what we were thinking, must of had a way faster metabolism keeping me warm then

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not cool at all, S&R gets way to many calls by people making really bad decisions,
Some people call for company or advise. It’s sick. Decisions made during the day decide whether you go home. period. Couple my buddies are on search and rescue and they’re definitely getting overused
I wouldn’t call unless it was an over 90% probability I was going to die. Otherwise I figure my own way out. I’d be Too ashamed to be that unprepared.

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did have to call them once in the late 90's,, buddy bent his back the wrong way on a landing and we needed a back board to get him out, didn't want to risk taking him out ourselves ( this was back when old Herb was in S&R)

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last place I’d be dropping down when the snow is deep and it’s -29 is toilet bowl. We should donate to the club to put signs up to stay away from that hole but some would just take that as a dare unfortunately.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did have to call them once in the late 90's,, buddy bent his back the wrong way on a landing and we needed a back board to get him out, didn't want to risk taking him out ourselves ( this was back when old Herb was in S&R)
They get searches sometimes 25-30 days in a row nowadays. Herb is a classic top shelf man. !

Legend14

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can see why, it can be weeks or months that it’s -20 or worse in Berta or sasky, waiting for better weather sometimes never comes…and it still can be fun

Top Bottom