2014 Pro RMK 800 Ride Report - 1000 kms

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People use the word predictable a lot when comparing the two. Can you explain a little more what you yourself mean by that. Also darting do you mean on the trail or in the snow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People use the word predictable a lot when comparing the two. Can you explain a little more what you yourself mean by that. Also darting do you mean on the trail or in the snow?

The most predictable thing is you always chiming in on any Polaris thread, we all know you don't like them. Shouldn't you be out riding your "only mountain specific sled on the market" ? I will just have to be happy on my trail pro.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally I think Maxwell's post is totally legit and productive to the discussion. RevyG's, on the other hand, is just inflammatory and a distraction to the topic.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I found with my Xm it didn't matter how I set up the suspension it had a tendency to bounce around much prefered my 09 xp over the xm chassis found that it held the lines better even in the trees, on the trail the xm was horrible it darted around. What I mean by predictable is I find the pro when in trees and going up hills that are rutted out it holds the line better. Ive only got 2 days on the pro and personally I prefer it, loved my xp short of all the motors, the xm had great power just not fond of the chassis.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAHA WOW.. That's the total opposite of what you said to me in November...before your chaincase blew..You couldn't stop raving about the XM....:confused: LOL

I found with my Xm it didn't matter how I set up the suspension it had a tendency to bounce around much prefered my 09 xp over the xm chassis found that it held the lines better even in the trees, on the trail the xm was horrible it darted around. What I mean by predictable is I find the pro when in trees and going up hills that are rutted out it holds the line better. Ive only got 2 days on the pro and personally I prefer it, loved my xp short of all the motors, the xm had great power just not fond of the chassis.

Kelly

Reaction score
HAHA WOW.. That's the total opposite of what you said to me in November...before your chaincase blew..You couldn't stop raving about the XM....:confused: LOL

That kind of sounds like the Ford freaks that telling you their 6.0 or 6.4 litre engines are the best thing since sliced bread.
Then the $10-15 THOUSAND Dollar repair bill comes and you don't see them for 6 months.

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally I think Maxwell's post is totally legit and productive to the discussion. RevyG's, on the other hand, is just inflammatory and a distraction to the topic.

Really? This thread is called Polaris ride report, read the whole thing, no where does it say please, again, let's compare the Pro to the XM, but here we are, can we not get one thread to just talk about how the sleds we choose to buy is working? I guess you appreciate all the great comments and positive feedback he leaves in EVERY post to do with Polaris, me sick of it. Go in the xm problem thread and see how many of us Polaris riders chime in. Fair enough if you give a rats ass what he thinks of the machine I want to spend my money on cause most of us do not. Another awesome ride yesterday and I believe today will be just as much fun.

Last edited:

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOVE my new Pro 163, wasn't a fan of the Doo. Seems to me all the gimmicks are still just bandaids for a lackluster chassis not developed for technical mountain riding.

What? It rolls over easy with a 36" stance, flexing track and a tilting suspension? With all that, so would a Buick, doesn't make it a good mountain sled..........

your funny

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? This thread is called Polaris ride report, read the whole thing, no where does it say please, again, let's compare the Pro to the XM, but here we are, can we not get one thread to just talk about how the sleds we choose to buy is working? I guess you appreciate all the great comments and positive feedback he leaves in EVERY post to do with Polaris, me sick of it. Go in the xm problem thread and see how many of us Polaris riders chime in. Fair enough if you give a rats ass what he thinks of the machine I want to spend my money on cause most of us do not. Another awesome ride yesterday and I believe today will be just as much fun.

I don't particularly want to hear what Maxwell has to say about a Pro, but his post flushed out more info about the Pro its the owner which is a good thing.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
these threads always seem to go sideways. im not a brand loyal guy theres room for a xm in my garage. right next to my infamous dragon and tinny pro. i switched from polaris to skidoo and now back to polaris. and nothing changes they all break and costs a lot. lets have fun we are all brothers

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Here's the deal Maxwell...If you can walk the walk like you elude to...there is NO explanation necessary:D
Please quit messing up all of these GOOD threads in the Polaris section. It's the Polaris: Pro Ride section for a reason. A good portion of us don't care to hear your comments. If you love your DOO...that is awesome. If it was the right sled for me...I would love it too. To each their own, and at the end of the day...WHO CARES!! Ride what you ride and leave everyone else alone...PERIOD I too am with RevyG and am getting sick of you sarcastically chiming in on the Polaris threads.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the deal Maxwell...If you can walk the walk like you elude to...there is NO explanation necessary:D
Please quit messing up all of these GOOD threads in the Polaris section. It's the Polaris: Pro Ride section for a reason. A good portion of us don't care to hear your comments. If you love your DOO...that is awesome. If it was the right sled for me...I would love it too. To each their own, and at the end of the day...WHO CARES!! Ride what you ride and leave everyone else alone...PERIOD I too am with RevyG and am getting sick of you sarcastically chiming in on the Polaris threads.

Not one of my comments was sarcastic. But I guess it's hard to read into the internet correctly. Over and out

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not one of my comments was sarcastic. But I guess it's hard to read into the internet correctly. Over and out

Just the fact that you are always over here messing up these threads is sarcasm enough for me, as we all know your love for the DOO!! I hope it's "over and out" in the Polaris section for good!!

Now...."back to regular scheduled programming"!!

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I will come back with video so everyone can see it for themselves; anyone can make claims but evidence to back it up is key.

Did I miss this video? I own a 2011 standard RMK and can't believe how well it pulls itself out of deep snow. I'm not doubting the capabilities of the other sleds out there, but I believe that Polaris is by far the best deep snow chassis on the market right now. The fact that it is the best selling mountain sled, seems to confirm this!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many times was the clutch side panel open on the po po that day???

3 doo's and 0 panels open

sent while I should be drinking tea's

So what he is talking about is that I adjusted my belt a couple of times as I had it a bit tight and the rest of the time it was to get food in and out of the muff pot. Does that mean Doo's are better than Poo's?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Boonie box needs some tweaking or the clutching is off. Mine is stock and feels far from lacking, but my clutching is spot on.

If yours stock and you think your clutching is spot on, you should try mine and see how much better it can feel. Sure your rpm is good but they feel way more snappy and fun with a good clutch kit and gearing.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what he is talking about is that I adjusted my belt a couple of times as I had it a bit tight and the rest of the time it was to get food in and out of the muff pot. Does that mean Doo's are better than Poo's?

Perhaps it's because the Doo's are stuck so deep in the snow you'd have to dig to get the panel open. Lol. I mean hell, if I wanted to dig to china I'd get out my shovel, which I have yet to have to do with my Pro......I was stuck in a tree well and still all I had to do was kick some snow, tug the front end over (which when it's light is really easy), and pin and wiggle the be-atch right out of there.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If yours stock and you think your clutching is spot on, you should try mine and see how much better it can feel. Sure your rpm is good but they feel way more snappy and fun with a good clutch kit and gearing.

I was referring to my motor being stock (until I installed the RK Tek Drop-in last night:D) Mine has always been clutched (MDS Weights/Primary Spring/Secondary Spring), and it is also geared down with the 7 tooth drivers needed to fit the 3" (without doing a D&R). I think that these sleds need to be geared down one way or another!!

Top Bottom