2014 Pro RMK 800 Ride Report - 1000 kms

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sometimes you get the feeling that it would not matter what people ride and they would be writing a long lists of complaints on an open forum. It is always the machine/manufactures fault.
I think AC has 1/4 turn clips/ do they not, dont know, dont own one. I also see there is a post about AC chains this year, lots of breaking and warranties, how are those people in any better shape than a poo belt drive.
Did you ever see the simpsons when Homer ws asked to build a car? And it turned out to be a big monstrocity, sometimes I feel that thinking happens more often than not.
Sorry ranting this morning but reading S&M today put me there.
My pro sees the mountains, climbs,jumps,bounces off of trees, puts lots of miles jumping hard ditch drifts. Its not pefrect, but if it fails more often than not it will be my fault. Ya the engine thing, Kit it after 1000 miles, why, thought was put into me, did not need to.
Why are people with Skidoo's listed posting complaints on the post of a person asking 800 pro ride stories?

Back to the subject. My 14-pro works awsome this year. Same as my last 4 RMK's since 2000.

Hey rant away man,,, that's what the internet is for:beer:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a buddy that bought a 14 poo, and bent the tunnel on a jump he said, he brought it over and we bent strait what we could, I was surprised how light they made it

not sure on the glue idea as well, seams like it could work off the start but with time it will break down with vibration and environment conditions, but I could be wrong

but even reading all the Ulgys here I still give poo credit on making a light mountain sled, belt drive and so on... Nothing wrong in trying, as long as they keep trying to make it better andbetter

Yes fit and finish is important and maybe more power is needed, but poo has stepped there game up overall

For skidoo they are laying back on there shirt tails and better start pushing forward in the weight department, they could easily lose 50 lbs if they wanted to, and build us a better skid and chassie over all

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well over 3000 HARD tree bashing miles on PRO's with no issues (except for the time a guy ran into my sled on the side of the trail). You told me that you were putting on airframes right from new, so I'm not sure how you had a chance to break a stock board. You're having A-arms made??? There are multiple good manufacturers of them already in existence, so why not go that route if you feel its necessary? All my PRO miles are on stock arms with zero issues, but my buddy went through two lower aftermarket arms in two rides. I think you read too much!! :D

Airframes were on backorder and just arrived this week so I had 117 miles to ride it with no air frames and broke it. yours kevin is also not a 2014 yours is a 2012 if I'm not mistaken and those sleds were built a bit stronger. I know there are A-arm kits out there but when your buddy is a machinist and fab guy why not have a pair made for even less then what the aftermarket guys and way less than Polaris is selling them for. Not reading to much at all man hate to say it but the poo hype isn't all its cracked up to be sorry it offends you that I'm not liking my poo so far. Sorry to say it but lighter is not always better when your main supports are made of the same supports that the rear flimsy bumper is made of it makes me cringe and I know why it's leaving people stranded. Not saying add much weight but dear god make it a bit beefier. As for going back to a doo I may if this sled keeps giving me grief but if it starts holding together and working I'll ride a poo for awhile I'm not brand loyal just want a good sled to ride that's gonna work and not be in a shop all the time.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Airframes were on backorder and just arrived this week so I had 117 miles to ride it with no air frames and broke it. yours kevin is also not a 2014 yours is a 2012 if I'm not mistaken and those sleds were built a bit stronger. I know there are A-arm kits out there but when your buddy is a machinist and fab guy why not have a pair made for even less then what the aftermarket guys and way less than Polaris is selling them for. Not reading to much at all man hate to say it but the poo hype isn't all its cracked up to be sorry it offends you that I'm not liking my poo so far. Sorry to say it but lighter is not always better when your main supports are made of the same supports that the rear flimsy bumper is made of it makes me cringe and I know why it's leaving people stranded. Not saying add much weight but dear god make it a bit beefier. As for going back to a doo I may if this sled keeps giving me grief but if it starts holding together and working I'll ride a poo for awhile I'm not brand loyal just want a good sled to ride that's gonna work and not be in a shop all the time.

Haha...you definitely don't offend me...I just like the facts. Post up some pics of this stuff. I've had a lot of seat time on these sleds with NO issues. Not to mention that I have 60 lbs on you. Yes I had a 2012, but now have a 2014 with zero issues as well. It's been bounced off of trees, landed upside down off a bank onto a hard packed trail and nothing broke, so I just find it hard to believe that people are breaking stuff under what is being described as normal circumstances. My sleds never sees any shop but my own for work and maintenance...so maybe that has something to do with it too. And....not one failure or warranty claim on 4 sleds, 2.5 seasons and 7000 miles...same applies to all my buddies that ride them.

To be honest...considering the copious amounts of Doolaid that you used to drink, I'm surprised that you switched over:D

Last edited:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahahahaha I'll get ya some pics I don't know if your trail rides are much abuse ;) remember I still own a 2011 doo with over 6000 kms on it and still ticking strong. wanted to try something new and see what the hype was all about since everyone was ranting and raving about them but after owning one and riding one yes it has been a short period of time but I've never had so many issues or seen so many issues for minor abuse in my life. Yes it handles great and feels nice I will admit it has some great qualities that I love over the doo like the clutching and the way it pops up on the snow and doesn't have the tendency to pull you back down the hill all i'm saying is quit taking weight out of the sled if they are having issues with critical parts breaking that is all if they can do that then they will have a mean machine but it is lacking big time in the fit and finish

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glue, carbon fibre, belt drive, a skid that wants to get on top not keep trenching, narrow plastic that doesnt panel out, out of the box clutching that works, dry warm dash storage, awesome skis, a light effective track, .
Yeah it aint perfect but tell you what, good on ya Polaris for moving ahead with some new technology and progressive thinking. I dont want a 475 lb mountain sled again, and if Doo keeps sitting still punching out same olds, its gonna come back to bite em. Cat is getting it, making some effort, change can be a bugger, but glad somebodys doing it.
i have no woody for any of them, just know what i like and don't like , and i like deep snow, and there the Pro shines.
And again before you bash away, I'm not even riding one this year, so no colored goggles here.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glue, carbon fibre, belt drive, a skid that wants to get on top not keep trenching, narrow plastic that doesnt panel out, out of the box clutching that works, dry warm dash storage, awesome skis, a light effective track, .
Yeah it aint perfect but tell you what, good on ya Polaris for moving ahead with some new technology and progressive thinking. I dont want a 475 lb mountain sled again, and if Doo keeps sitting still punching out same olds, its gonna come back to bite em. Cat is getting it, making some effort, change can be a bugger, but glad somebodys doing it.
i have no woody for any of them, just know what i like and don't like , and i like deep snow, and there the Pro shines.
And again before you bash away, I'm not even riding one this year, so no colored goggles here.
Did I miss something here? What warm dash storage?

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just read through this long thread and have to say Thanks Teth-air for the initial post. I'm happy to hear that it has worked well for you so far with no real issues. I don't need to see any videos to back up your opinion as I realize this is your opinion based on your observations. Now that another 3 weeks has gone by since you first posted is it still performing well without catastrophic failures of any kind?

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

If these are your concerns what made you buy an RMK over an Assault? What you are complaining about is exactly why there are Assaults, Freerides and HCRs.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did I miss something here? What warm dash storage?

Apparently, i had the gauge lifter/storage/goggle bag thingy add on on both sleds, tons of room, leave bottom open or closed depending how warm you want it, always dry, easy access and soft sided so it dpesnt beat everything to death. Had goggles sammich, and a lot of stuff in there. I had no electric start so just left the ignition switch inside. Awesome feature, wish i had it on this years ride.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently, i had the gauge lifter/storage/goggle bag thingy add on on both sleds, tons of room, leave bottom open or closed depending how warm you want it, always dry, easy access and soft sided so it dpesnt beat everything to death. Had goggles sammich, and a lot of stuff in there. I had no electric start so just left the ignition switch inside. Awesome feature, wish i had it on this years ride.
Ok, that's what I thought you meant. How does that hold up to rolling the sled over? No thanks...

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, that's what I thought you meant. How does that hold up to rolling the sled over? No thanks...

When stuck if it won't crawl out my first move every time is roll it, so do pretty well all my buddies who have this bag, once in a while one of the aluminum sides will bend but easy to just reshape it. About the only ones with a Pro not using it around here are the guys who have no , or the really short little windshield, looks pretty goofy. But it's amazing how much it'll hold. Also makes the wee little gauges easier to see and helps keep them clear of snow.

Last edited:

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When stuck if it won't crawl out my first move every time is roll it, so do pretty well all my buddies who have this bag, once in a while one of the aluminum sides will bend but easy to just reshape it. About the only ones with a Pro not using it around here are the guys who have no , or the really short little windshield, looks pretty goofy. But it's amazing how much it'll hold. Also makes the wee little gauges easier to see and helps keep them clear of snow.
Ya, I have the short one. I've heard stories of people's ignitions keys getting mangled, didn't like the sound of that.

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
=maxwell;1874457]airplanes fly through the air....not through trees,stumps and rocks.

same with cars. suspension absorbs the brunt the hits not the entire frame.[/QUOTE]

Just can't help yourself, the pro is like crack for you, everytime you see anything about one you must chime in. Do you dream of yourself on a sweet Pro flying through trees ( me I go between them, but what ever your style), stumps, ( again, I pop off them, you?) and rocks? Well dude, avoidence is key there, don't care if it's glued or welded, your screwed. And on your final point, my new Trail Pro has.........walker evens all around! Lucky me.

515 full load Pro

585 full load Xm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 238
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 241

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
=maxwell;1874457]airplanes fly through the air....not through trees,stumps and rocks.

same with cars. suspension absorbs the brunt the hits not the entire frame.

Just can't help yourself, the pro is like crack for you, everytime you see anything about one you must chime in. Do you dream of yourself on a sweet Pro flying through trees ( me I go between them, but what ever your style), stumps, ( again, I pop off them, you?) and rocks? Well dude, avoidence is key there, don't care if it's glued or welded, your screwed. And on your final point, my new Trail Pro has.........walker evens all around! Lucky me.

515 full load Pro

585 full load Xm[/QUOTE]

Come on that's only 70 lbs difference for 12 to $1500 .
$1000 per pound ? Should be $7000.00 difference.
Don't give a **** what anyone says? Those RMK's work well.
I am Doo guy but it is what it is.
Lol

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Revy you gotta be fair about the weight, your 585lbs is not correct, you have a jerrycans full of fuel and what ever else... We weighted them as well and they are 555lbs ready to ride, but with a quick can swap and a few minor things all done in one night, it can be easily down to 535lbs, now they are only 20lbs apart...

same with cars. suspension absorbs the brunt the hits not the entire frame.

515 full load Pro

585 full load Xm[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom