2014 Pro RMK 800 Ride Report - 1000 kms

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Revy you gotta be fair about the weight, your 585lbs is not correct, you have a jerrycans full of fuel and what ever else... We weighted them as well and they are 555lbs ready to ride, but with a quick can swap and a few minor things all done in one night, it can be easily down to 535lbs, now they are only 20lbs apart...

Why you only altering the XM, To be fair ?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Revy you gotta be fair about the weight, your 585lbs is not correct, you have a jerrycans full of fuel and what ever else... We weighted them as well and they are 555lbs ready to ride, but with a quick can swap and a few minor things all done in one night, it can be easily down to 535lbs, now they are only 20lbs apart...

I can pull the body panels off my pro in a few minutes and lose 20lbs too, but how does that prove anything? Everything goes out the window when we compare modified against stock.

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No altering, empty jerry, fair enough take couple off. Think only xm's can swap a can and a few minor things? Well our scales differ, split the difference? Do you know one doo guy who would have a weigh off when his gas can is full? Let alone the three of them that made me bring it down for said weigh off? I sure do not. It is what it is. And what is whatever else? Think the owner standing there piled bricks on?
Don't you know, cause I have been told over and over, stupid lightweight Polaris, well turns out the doo heads are right, glue and carbon fiber are light, thanks for drilling that into my head.
Just so you know I have never ever gone on a rant about the XM, Lots of my riding buddies have them and they are working great, have had a few have issues but that is riding, just so sick of the doo guys always on a soap box. This is a "how is your pro running "thread, why do the doo guys always come on and spew the dooaid, we get it skidoo rubs you right where you like, I am happy for you, go away.

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because my poo buddies say they allready have a light weight can and there is no easy weight left to save, because poo did their job on a mountain sled

doo has 20 quick easy pounds that most mountain sledders usually do before first ride, but we have to do the work..

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because my poo buddies say they allready have a light weight can and there is no easy weight left to save, because poo did their job on a mountain sled

doo has 20 quick easy pounds that most mountain sledders usually do before first ride, but we have to do the work..

Still here? Still comparing? Come on man? What does telling me about you loosing 20 lbs have to do with a polaris pro ride report.
FYI my thing can with lunch, still lighter than stock light can. Anything else you need or you still putting your sled back together, all that tie wire can't be light?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hope one of those quick easy fixes is to put loctite on the rear axle bolts, they sure make a mess when they come out. Lol. But hey maybe that's time delayed weight savings, when the whole skid twists, bends, and falls out you lose what, 50 lbs?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never heard of that issue before, nor has it never happen to myself, so can't commit

revy ... Don't be bitter, just making your incorrect numbers correct, and yes got 300 miles on the sled since then, thanks for asking

Hope one of those quick easy fixes is to put loctite on the rear axle bolts, they sure make a mess when they come out. Lol. But hey maybe that's time delayed weight savings, when the whole skid twists, bends, and falls out you lose what, 50 lbs?

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update on my 14 163 I now have 302 miles and its in for its first service.I did have a real bad bog on my last ride.It wanted to crap out and die and not want to rev over 6500.Had me worried as I was a long way back too truck.Headed straight back and it cleaned its self up,its going on the digital wrench so I hope they find the issue. Never had one bog on my 12 in 1450 miles.Sled is tough though I stoved it hard jumping a creek not realizing the other side was about4' higher. Ended up straight up like a lawn dart and took 4 of us about 25 mins digging and pulling to get it out.I find the 163 a lot harder to get stuck than my 12 155.My new 14 was built on a Friday and there are definitely some QC issues. I do love the sled its one fun ride,I almost never need too carry spare fuel as it usually does 70_75 miles on a tank.Love the burandt flyer bag and large guage lifter goggle warmer bag.I also have an awesome dealer that always looks after me including a demo sled any time I need one.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never heard of that issue before, nor has it never happen to myself, so can't commit

revy ... Don't be bitter, just making your incorrect numbers correct, and yes got 300 miles on the sled since then, thanks for asking
How exactly does stating that you weighed a sled at a certain weight, correct a number that we can all see, in a picture?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sorry its a 2014 thing, not anything super common, but neither are most of the "pro issues" that are always brought up. Anyway have a look for yourself, the bolts if not caught quickly come right out along with the rear axle and the track catches the end of the rail and all hell breaks lose.

https://www.snowandmud.com/ski-doo-...des-rear-axel-bolts-87348.html?highlight=axle

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How exactly does stating that you weighed a sled at a certain weight, correct a number that we can all see, in a picture?

Here is a weight we took on a complete full 154 with stock can, and no electric start

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 358
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 359

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ha ha so there you are again, and again calling me a lier.
So only your numbers are right? Thanks for that, stupid me, of course only you can be right, you skidoo rider, always right.

I weighed a 163, sorry, guess before calling me a lier should compare apples to apples.

Last edited:

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pic. That looks a lot like an XP, I've been at the office for 16.5 hrs now, so maybe my eyes are off. Guess t-motion isn't light...

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you really feel the 163 is 35lbs more?
Than your 154 xp on two different scales I have no clue. Anyway I am done with you, this is a Polaris ride report, I reported on mine, have you? If not why do you care, you do have enough money, smarts?, you did lend your sled to what's his name. Have a good night enjoy your super custom kind of broken, xp/xm thingy.

minnow10

Reaction score

One thing to save weight on my PRO ES!! An EarthX lithium battery to replace the lead acid stock battery. About 10 lbs in weight savings!!!
Earthx only weighs 3.5 lbs, I am not 100% ( so dont send 8 posts calling me a liar) but I believe the stock was 11 to 13 lbs.
When I pulled my stock one out it is a huge difference, I never scaled it though ( but Picture of the scale may not matter)

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just read through this long thread and have to say Thanks Teth-air for the initial post. I'm happy to hear that it has worked well for you so far with no real issues. I don't need to see any videos to back up your opinion as I realize this is your opinion based on your observations. Now that another 3 weeks has gone by since you first posted is it still performing well without catastrophic failures of any kind?

Yes, only have 1200 kms now due to poor snow but will be heading to Revy tomorrow. All is still good with this machine.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, I had a failure this weekend. The bolt on the lower belt drive pulley broke under the head. I was lucky as it happened on the flat and we got it out. Even luckier that a guy had a spare. I was a bit worried it had something to do with the TKI belt drive but after some research we see that there have been 4 others with stockers reporting this on the forums. I have a 13 bolt in now so who knows?? I will change it ever 1000 kms now.

This is Revy this Feb. 02/2014 2014 PRO RMK, 163 -800 - YouTube

Last edited:
Top Bottom