Xm or pro

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I've been taught and experienced a very well set up carb system will always have better throttle response than any electronic system. Wether it be sled, db,car etc. But I'm always open to criticism.

Interesting! I think the etec has slightly better response than the ptek but it is close.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yer out to lunch thinking the XM doesn't handle well, and also thinking LHF still rides a wedge..LMAO!!

Back on topic...that is awesome you bought both sleds! These are two totally different sleds, and in a whole different class then your old nytro. I own a pro, and have had time on both. Not alot of time on the XM but enough to base a pretty strong ooinion on it. The XM has more get up and go but it's a different power then the pro, the pro's power in my opinion is more controllable and responsive. The XM just pulls and doesn't have the response in the trees the pro has. As for handelling the XM was WAY heavier. The pro dances in the trees effortlessly where the XM is a workout to make it do what you want. On flat ground while the sled was not running the balance point on the pro can stand on one ski effortlessly where the XM's balance point was not exsistent. The XM does and will not hold a side hill effortlessly like the pro. The XM (stock) vs (stock) will beat the pro in an uphill drag but the pro will lose the XM in the trees. Can't wait to hear your review on both the sleds and I think you will end up selling your XM and going with the Pro, it doesn't take much and a few small mods to the Pro and your @ the 160HP mark. Let's not forgot we are talking 50lbs weight difference between the two.

LHF: I wish I never sold my old 02' Modified Edge because I would have loved to kick your ass in a battle of the old iron - but really you should try a new chassis out this year and save that thing for the vintage ride. She's old iron time to retire it bud.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just stating my observations and opinions from what I felt jumping from one sled to the other last spring in Eagles. Have you ridden a Pro Maxwell? Have you jumped from one sled to the other? I could be wrong but my Pro felt more responsive on and off the throttle in the trees. It could have been a number of different things Maxwell like the weight savings alone could make a sled feel and perform more responsive. Perhaps as Mareshow already stated I have several years riding Polaris and im just used to how it feels and reacts / responds. I'm not saying anything "bad" about the XM, it pulls and pulls hard but I just noticed more throttle response on the Pro in the short time I got to ride the XM. I would have loved to spend 2 weeks riding the XM to get a fair comparison but I did not. Both great sleds. This is an opinion based fourm, and everyone is entitled to their opinions.

How about we go riding and settle this in the trees? :)
Peace

i retract my previous statement ( belt drive, drop and roll, 3" camo extreme guy)

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i retract my previous statement ( belt drive, drop and roll, 3" camo extreme guy)

Which statement are you "retracting"? Better not be your "it's a date" because I was really looking forward to it.

Last edited:

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno E-Zmoke, after riding with you last year, I understand your riding style and that the pro really suits it. I think part of the reason you find it so difficult to find a balance point on an XM is because you're so used to the Pro. But this guy is coming off a yammy pig, So I think he'll miss the power more if he switched to a pro. I snow checked an XM and I'm really excited for it because i know it will make me a better rider. I'm not saying that polaris doesnt make a good snowmobile because they do. People wouldnt buy them in the numbers they do if they werent good. But I think it 100% comes down to individual rider preference and riding style. For you, a Pro absolutely suits your riding style. The OP will quickly discover which sled is better for him. For Myself (and Maxwell apparently), we wouldnt survive if we werent on XMs. As far as you saying an XM doesnt hold a sidehill as effortlessly as a PRO, I dont think Brett Rasmussen wouldnt have switched to an XM if that were true. Like the guy practically invented sidehilling.

Ramussen ddnt switch cause the xm sidehills really well. He switched cause doo is gonna pay better than cat. He can ride anything good, so might as well just ride with whatever brand wants his advertising more.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting! I think the etec has slightly better response than the ptek but it is close.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

I have to agree with mills.

Carbs have a touch more quick response
Than the delay in injector duration

sent from my htc

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been informed by a couple of sources in 2009, and have a pic.. he rides a....

Oh wait that's the phone... be right back...:p

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ramussen ddnt switch cause the xm sidehills really well. He switched cause doo is gonna pay better than cat. He can ride anything good, so might as well just ride with whatever brand wants his advertising more.

LMFAO - How true is that!

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with mills.

Carbs have a touch more quick response
Than the delay in injector duration

sent from my htc
cant say i agree. fi isnt effected by the change of temp and elevation like a carb does. i have zero issues with my carbs. but i can feel the differences

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would think Cat would pay him copious amounts to stay.. It's about the ride man.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would think Cat would pay him copious amounts to stay.. It's about the ride man.

Its both, I'm sure maxwell can tell us how much Ramussen liked his cat last year and I'm certain Doo is paying him a copious amount. He more then likely wanted a change and I'm sure it was a big deal he couldn't refuse.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its both, I'm sure maxwell can tell us how much Ramussen liked his cat last year and I'm certain Doo is paying him a copious amount. He more then likely wanted a change and I'm sure it was a big deal he couldn't refuse.

when i rode with him he didnt say much about skidoo. but he did say lots about the flaws with the new m-series.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell - Have you ever rode a Pro? Have you rode the XM yet?

Last edited:

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell; Do you have that cool new windshield coming with your 13?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have an agenda..

Top Bottom