Xm or pro

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he swears by whatever he buys. like most. this drew fellow is coming into this open minded. curious to see his results.

I still havn't added u on facebook. None of the Sean maxwells I have found have pictures of sleds...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought one 163 xm and a 163 pro. I'm going to give 5-6 days To each sled and then keep the one I like best. Which one do you think I will like the best?? I'm coming off a stage 2 nytro so the xm will be the more similar chassis/ ride position. I can't wait for pow!

why are you ditching the nitro?

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he swears by whatever he buys. like most. this drew fellow is coming into this open minded. curious to see his results.
No no no, u got er wrong. Im not weak minded into following a cult or "brand". As u can see i switched manus to what will work best for me. I actually feel sorry for u. I had an open mind in my decision just like drew, but u, theres no thought or possibilities just doo drone propaganda

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Define "spank". Sledding has grown since the wedge days. New riding styles have evolved. And the days of building mod sleds and pointing them straight up a hill and murdering yourself are coming to an end. Riders are becoming skilled ( you may not be aware of this term ) as pointing your 15 year old junk at a hill takes none of this. No one denies your wedge is a purpose built sled and will outclimb a lot of new iron. But bring it to the trees, drops and technical stuff then we will see who spanks who.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

can you explain how sidehill is safer then point and shoot? zig zagging to the top of the hill. hmmmmm i must of missed something.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can you explain how sidehill is safer then point and shoot? zig zagging to the top of the hill. hmmmmm i must of missed something.

why does everyone assume trying to get to the top of a hill? thats not ever the game in technical riding. its about finding a safe hill or location thats not challenging to climb straight up and then make it interesting.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back on topic...that is awesome you bought both sleds! These are two totally different sleds, and in a whole different class then your old nytro. I own a pro, and have had time on both. Not alot of time on the XM but enough to base a pretty strong ooinion on it. The XM has more get up and go but it's a different power then the pro, the pro's power in my opinion is more controllable and responsive. The XM just pulls and doesn't have the response in the trees the pro has. As for handelling the XM was WAY heavier. The pro dances in the trees effortlessly where the XM is a workout to make it do what you want. On flat ground while the sled was not running the balance point on the pro can stand on one ski effortlessly where the XM's balance point was not exsistent. The XM does and will not hold a side hill effortlessly like the pro. The XM (stock) vs (stock) will beat the pro in an uphill drag but the pro will lose the XM in the trees. Can't wait to hear your review on both the sleds and I think you will end up selling your XM and going with the Pro, it doesn't take much and a few small mods to the Pro and your @ the 160HP mark. Let's not forgot we are talking 50lbs weight difference between the two.

LHF: I wish I never sold my old 02' Modified Edge because I would have loved to kick your ass in a battle of the old iron - but really you should try a new chassis out this year and save that thing for the vintage ride. She's old iron time to retire it bud.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back on topic...that is awesome you bought both sleds! These are two totally different sleds, and in a whole different class then your old nytro. I own a pro, and have had time on both. Not alot of time on the XM but enough to base a pretty strong ooinion on it. The XM has more get up and go but it's a different power then the pro, the pro's power in my opinion is more controllable and responsive. The XM just pulls and doesn't have the response in the trees the pro has. As for handelling the XM was WAY heavier. The pro dances in the trees effortlessly where the XM is a workout to make it do what you want. On flat ground while the sled was not running the balance point on the pro can stand on one ski effortlessly where the XM's balance point was not exsistent. The XM does and will not hold a side hill effortlessly like the pro. The XM (stock) vs (stock) will beat the pro in an uphill drag but the pro will lose the XM in the trees. Can't wait to hear your review on both the sleds and I think you will end up selling your XM and going with the Pro, it doesn't take much and a few small mods to the Pro and your @ the 160HP mark. Let's not forgot we are talking 50lbs weight difference between the two.

LHF: I wish I never sold my old 02' Modified Edge because I would have loved to kick your ass in a battle of the old iron - but really you should try a new chassis out this year and save that thing for the vintage ride. She's old iron time to retire it bud.

that makes no sense. how is a direct injected motor less responsive.

and your second statement is pretty broad. 2 different riders could make your observations switch direction pretty quick depending on whos piloting what sled.

what about the 15 wide flipper vs the 16 wide?

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder how cheap the XMs will be selling for when I spank them with my 97 Wedge?

Im riding doo now, but I as well have a Wedge... Maybe the ol 93 580 will have to make a trip north..... Gives me more incentive to get the Crossfire skid under it now!!!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why are you ditching the nitro?

I survived a big avy a few yrs back and since then my riding has changed big time. Lots of tree and valley smashing. Exploring ect. Way less chutes and big open face climbs. I was born a cat guy and rode them for 20 yrs. Then yami since 2008. I have 2 Nytro turbos. A low boost and stage 2 and really they have been awesome. I go everywhere my friends go in the trees it's just a lot of work. Since I have been a doo and Polaris hazer I figured it's time to put my $$$ up and see the other side. I did spend two days on a pro last year and diddnt want to shut it off. I never got sore. To be fair to any sled you need to ride it 4-8 days to get super used to it. So I ordered both. Pros and xm's will be sold out and easy to sell as used by Jan

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I survived a big avy a few yrs back and since then my riding has changed big time. Lots of tree and valley smashing. Exploring ect. Way less chutes and big open face climbs. I was born a cat guy and rode them for 20 yrs. Then yami since 2008. I have 2 Nytro turbos. A low boost and stage 2 and really they have been awesome. I go everywhere my friends go in the trees it's just a lot of work. Since I have been a doo and Polaris hazer I figured it's time to put my $$$ up and see the other side. I did spend two days on a pro last year and diddnt want to shut it off. I never got sore. To be fair to any sled you need to ride it 4-8 days to get super used to it. So I ordered both. Pros and xm's will be sold out and easy to sell as used by Jan

I loved last year on a 2012 Pro. My riding improved a Tonne... would it have on a Doo perhaps?? It seems to come down to these two brands.. They are both strong sleds..

For me, the weight consideration is a HUGE factor. Weight savings in my opinion is important. My 2013 will be down to 407 ish when I replace my can. I'm excited to ride. I've never had the chance to ride a sled with so much oomph and light weight agility at the same time.

Have fun this season.

Trish :)

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that makes no sense. how is a direct injected motor less responsive.

and your second statement is pretty broad. 2 different riders could make your observations switch direction pretty quick depending on whos piloting what sled.

what about the 15 wide flipper vs the 16 wide?

Atta boy Maxwell, that should have him straightened out, shame on E-Zmoke for sharing his opinion/observations!! Maybe you should forgive him for his short comings though, he might not be on this site everyday of the week to learn how superior the almighty XM will be to all!! (poor guy might have other things to do).

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Atta boy Maxwell, that should have him straightened out, shame on E-Zmoke for sharing his opinion/observations!! Maybe you should forgive him for his short comings though, he might not be on this site everyday of the week to learn how superior the almighty XM will be to all!! (poor guy might have other things to do).

its just a question. how can a motor be less responsive when the fuel is there much faster. i just want to know thats all.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good on ya for being able to have the two best mountain sleds to ride this year. I think you'll enjoy them both!

Top Bottom