Canvas Canopy / Soft Topper

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about a soft topper for the truck. Only a few choices out there. I like and dislike things from each which is making the decison difficult. Thought I would check in here to see if there were any thoughts and/or opinions.

Here are the brands I'm looking at:

Softopper - Not a fan of the snap system or the supporting rails in chrome. Tailgate bar system looks a little wonky to me. Do like the look however and they seem to be a popular choice.
Bestop Supertop For Truck 2 - Supposed to have a good tailgate bar seal. My jury is out on the side panels. Little better storage system. Not as clean a look as the Softopper.
FasTop Solo - Looks interesting. Seems decent, but can't find as much inf on it as the others. Like the look. Big windows. Not a fan of the tonneau part. Stores nicely but maybe takes up a bit more truck bed room by from what I can tell.
Agricover Outlander - Looks well built. Storage is not the best. Not sure about the side windows.

I am a fan of the tinted window and a third brake light.

GarrethRG

Reaction score
A local guy got the Outlander soft topper. Looks good and sturdy enough for wind/weather. He'll be taking his truck to the shop soon for the mounting of the new tires and moto metal wheels, plus the alignment. I'll take a closer look and ask his impressions.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I have a soft topper on my Tacoma. I’ve had it 4 years and love it. Takes about 5 min to take off when I need to haul something tall. In the summer I roll the sides up and leave it as a shade cover for the dogs. Only issue I had was the back window cracked in the first cold snap after getting it. Called the manufacturer and asked about a solid back window and they sent me one out right away at no cost.

Top Bottom