Xm or pro

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, having the XM and the pro would be awesome. Both sleds are friggin awesome, enjoy and ride the ch!t out of whatever you have.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaa... good read. Funny how all the dicks are out there wagging as usual when there is a brand comparison.

Congrats on the two sleds, I'm sure 90% of us wouldn't be disappointed with either and this guy gets both.

At the end of the day no matter what he choses the dicks will still wag.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back on topic...that is awesome you bought both sleds! These are two totally different sleds, and in a whole different class then your old nytro. I own a pro, and have had time on both. Not alot of time on the XM but enough to base a pretty strong ooinion on it. The XM has more get up and go but it's a different power then the pro, the pro's power in my opinion is more controllable and responsive. The XM just pulls and doesn't have the response in the trees the pro has. As for handelling the XM was WAY heavier. The pro dances in the trees effortlessly where the XM is a workout to make it do what you want. On flat ground while the sled was not running the balance point on the pro can stand on one ski effortlessly where the XM's balance point was not exsistent. The XM does and will not hold a side hill effortlessly like the pro. The XM (stock) vs (stock) will beat the pro in an uphill drag but the pro will lose the XM in the trees. Can't wait to hear your review on both the sleds and I think you will end up selling your XM and going with the Pro, it doesn't take much and a few small mods to the Pro and your @ the 160HP mark. Let's not forgot we are talking 50lbs weight difference between the two.

LHF: I wish I never sold my old 02' Modified Edge because I would have loved to kick your ass in a battle of the old iron - but really you should try a new chassis out this year and save that thing for the vintage ride. She's old iron time to retire it bud.

I dunno E-Zmoke, after riding with you last year, I understand your riding style and that the pro really suits it. I think part of the reason you find it so difficult to find a balance point on an XM is because you're so used to the Pro. But this guy is coming off a yammy pig, So I think he'll miss the power more if he switched to a pro. I snow checked an XM and I'm really excited for it because i know it will make me a better rider. I'm not saying that polaris doesnt make a good snowmobile because they do. People wouldnt buy them in the numbers they do if they werent good. But I think it 100% comes down to individual rider preference and riding style. For you, a Pro absolutely suits your riding style. The OP will quickly discover which sled is better for him. For Myself (and Maxwell apparently), we wouldnt survive if we werent on XMs. As far as you saying an XM doesnt hold a sidehill as effortlessly as a PRO, I dont think Brett Rasmussen wouldnt have switched to an XM if that were true. Like the guy practically invented sidehilling.

PJ440x

Reaction score
Computer mapping, timing, and fuel curves to start with. Then it comes into compression on the motor etc.

Ok So Brp don't know anything about Computer mapping, timing and fuel Curves?? I bet they never heard of Compression either hey? lol Com'on!! They are both great sleds either way you choose to go....

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you also get good at the type of riding your buddies ride, I have improved a great deal this past yr with etec 2011 because of who I was riding with lots and aslo did 2 1/2 times more trips this yr, good luck on two sleds and keep us posted. LOL

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what happens when you run them on the stand pushing up on the belly pan, falk no big deal Barry.
this sled came straight from the dealer it hasn't been run by mountain magic so theirs damage to the sled from the factory. Just saying it's something to look for when u get your sled not that it's a problem.

schwindt

Reaction score
Ok So Brp don't know anything about Computer mapping, timing and fuel Curves?? I bet they never heard of Compression either hey? lol Com'on!! They are both great sleds either way you choose to go....

We all know the restrictions factory's put on all those things to keep the motor "safe" its not that they don't know how, same principal as people can get 100 hp out of a diesel programmer, factory's don't push anything on motors bra.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and here i thought you were smart about engines

I'm ok at it. But in all seriousness a direct injected motor has less throttle response? That's why most all vehicles 2 stroke and 4 stroke are going this direction? Because its worse?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I've been taught and experienced a very well set up carb system will always have better throttle response than any electronic system. Wether it be sled, db,car etc. But I'm always open to criticism.

• Love
Reactions: win

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm ok at it. But in all seriousness a direct injected motor has less throttle response? That's why most all vehicles 2 stroke and 4 stroke are going this direction? Because its worse?

Sent from my blackberry 9780 using tapatalk

do you really believe that the injection system total control the responce of an engine? Think about it maxwell. Then respond

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this sled came straight from the dealer it hasn't been run by mountain magic so theirs damage to the sled from the factory. Just saying it's something to look for when u get your sled not that it's a problem.

Could be forklift damage from the factory. Have seen it over the years. Some years are worse than others.

PJ440x

Reaction score
We all know the restrictions factory's put on all those things to keep the motor "safe" its not that they don't know how, same principal as people can get 100 hp out of a diesel programmer, factory's don't push anything on motors bra.

I hear ya Bra! I run a H&S XRT Pro in my Diesel to get some extra juice eh Bro!!

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just stating my observations and opinions from what I felt jumping from one sled to the other last spring in Eagles. Have you ridden a Pro Maxwell? Have you jumped from one sled to the other? I could be wrong but my Pro felt more responsive on and off the throttle in the trees. It could have been a number of different things Maxwell like the weight savings alone could make a sled feel and perform more responsive. Perhaps as Mareshow already stated I have several years riding Polaris and im just used to how it feels and reacts / responds. I'm not saying anything "bad" about the XM, it pulls and pulls hard but I just noticed more throttle response on the Pro in the short time I got to ride the XM. I would have loved to spend 2 weeks riding the XM to get a fair comparison but I did not. Both great sleds. This is an opinion based fourm, and everyone is entitled to their opinions.

How about we go riding and settle this in the trees? :)
Peace

TARRANT

Reaction score
Define "spank". Sledding has grown since the wedge days. New riding styles have evolved. And the days of building mod sleds and pointing them straight up a hill and murdering yourself are coming to an end. Riders are becoming skilled ( you may not be aware of this term ) as pointing your 15 year old junk at a hill takes none of this. No one denies your wedge is a purpose built sled and will outclimb a lot of new iron. But bring it to the trees, drops and technical stuff then we will see who spanks who.

Maxwell u make me laugh

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just stating my observations and opinions from what I felt jumping from one sled to the other last spring in Eagles. Have you ridden a Pro Maxwell? Have you jumped from one sled to the other? I could be wrong but my Pro felt more responsive on and off the throttle in the trees. It could have been a number of different things Maxwell like the weight savings alone could make a sled feel and perform more responsive. Perhaps as Mareshow already stated I have several years riding Polaris and im just used to how it feels and reacts / responds. I'm not saying anything "bad" about the XM, it pulls and pulls hard but I just noticed more throttle response on the Pro in the short time I got to ride the XM. I would have loved to spend 2 weeks riding the XM to get a fair comparison but I did not. Both great sleds. This is an opinion based fourm, and everyone is entitled to their opinions.

How about we go riding and settle this in the trees? :)
Peace

Its a date!

Top Bottom