Someone must have this.

Newfee

Reaction score
Hey I took out the Summit today and when I pulled the cord to give her a start. It started and snaped the cord back to the hole. So I didnt think nothing of it and drove off. well about 2 min later I heard grinding noises and smelled plastic burning so you all know what happen. So I need new guts for my pull start anyone have a assembly around or parts?

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup had that happen to my 800 summit.You will need a to take it apart and see wha needs to be fixxed.I ended up buying a hole new recoil for mine.

Newfee

Reaction score
yea I took it apart only thing salvageable is the outside cover part and the spring. looks like I need all new recoil.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Usually about $190(complete) at a dealer, less at Saylers if they're still in business. Crappy tire has some parts also but varies from store to store

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
saylers=last chance sled and marine. ask for steve, good guy. 459-4333 tim

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
recoil / rewind in the doo's are a issue! I have replaced many over the years. you are better off buying the hole assembly. They will set you back 214.00 each and by two. The guts are all plastic accept for the spring, and if you rebuild them they don't last very long. the case is most times ok, but when you remove the pawl c-clip it usually f%@ks the case post. If you grease them then the pawl and dog stick and thats when the grinding occurs. If you ride with a group get the others to throw in some cash for the second, as a spare. Check your tool kit for a starter rope. If you don't have one throw in a hockey skate lace, for starting off the clutch.:twocents:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats how i been doin it ever since lol

even with a cold engine? couldnt get enough on mine to start it cold
my 2007 800R just came off full warranty a week ago and on sunday in Golden first pull of the day bang she's got no recoil just a limp dick laying there, i was pissed:rant::rant:
so you figure just replace the whole unit $200 ish
damn thing couldnt happen 2 weeks ago when i still had warranty this 2007 just isnt being a very fun sled
is it easy to replace? pull the can off open the case?
medium wrench skills here do you think i can do it on my own?
thanks for the help

Top Bottom