POO VS DOO rassmussen's take....

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I didn't have a good day today, so I don't really want to comment on what was said about the doo, because it won't be nice....................Sorry...He is just a Dumm @$$ and says what he wants before he uses his tiny BRAIN, I can't wait to side hill easy................

spencer10

Reaction score
Like CUSO said, its an advancement in the sport. Look around at all other sports, golfers don't use a small made of wood driver anymore, hockey players don't use wooden hockey sticks. Why? because technology has given them better technology to use to take their game to the next level. Saying that the tmotion is not for pros is foolish. If it will do anything it will take that pro and make him even better like in other sports, golf they can hit the ball farther because of the technology, hockey they skate faster and shoot harder because of technology. Sledding just got easier for us amateurs which makes it more fun for everyone including the pros who knows what kind of things they can do with the new suspension. Saying that they should stick with old technology because they are pros just makes you sound like a jack@$$.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ill admit it the T Motion is not needed..... unless you have a 16"track and 10 more hp. T motion put the doo on the same field or better as the poo but with more floatation and more power.

Its a winner, and years from now it will be know without a doubt. Im sure the guys at poo are reading the fine print in the t motion patent to see if they can find a way to make their own.

Oh right maybe not, they are still beaming in their genius new idea to use carbon fibre or a belt drive in their sleds.... wowza.

In this game of cat and mouse... the chase ended with doo thowing down a trump card. Cant wait for doo to lighten up the xm...should be pretty easy seeing how you cant patent that

that is all.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like CUSO said, its an advancement in the sport. Look around at all other sports, golfers don't use a small made of wood driver anymore, hockey players don't use wooden hockey sticks. Why? because technology has given them better technology to use to take their game to the next level. Saying that the tmotion is not for pros is foolish. If it will do anything it will take that pro and make him even better like in other sports, golf they can hit the ball farther because of the technology, hockey they skate faster and shoot harder because of technology. Sledding just got easier for us amateurs which makes it more fun for everyone including the pros who knows what kind of things they can do with the new suspension. Saying that they should stick with old technology because they are pros just makes you sound like a jack@$$.

Am I missing something? I don't remember reading anywhere that anyone said they should stay with old technology because they are pros. He just said that the changes Ski-Doo has made help those guys who aren't pros out a little. I ride a Polaris Pro, and I agree that T-motion certainly helps to get that sled up on edge. I haven't tried it on snow, but there was very little effort required to get my buddy's 11 XP, with the T-motion skid installed, on edge. Why are you guys attacking Bret because he said that this sled will help out riders who could use a little extra help. It doesn't make you any less of a rider because you ride one?

Last edited:

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I didn't have a good day today, so I don't really want to comment on what was said about the doo, because it won't be nice....................Sorry...He is just a Dumm @$$ and says what he wants before he uses his tiny BRAIN, I can't wait to side hill easy................
nothing bad was said just different opinions thats all your reading way too far into it. and leave the dumm a$$ comments outta this thats what got this thread shut down in the first place.
thx

Last edited:

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe they think that the abuse a pro rider will put the t-motion skid thru, that it might not be tough enough?? just a thought. my only worry about the whole system was alignment. you have the rear half of skid flexing and the front part in one spot, like where the track rolls over your drivers. its soild there. might not have any adverse affects on a stock machine but what happens when you start jumping it or add BOOST. will it be able to handle??? not sure.... i guess we'll find out this winter.

spencer10

Reaction score
Am I missing something? I don't remember reading anywhere that anyone said they should stay with old technology because they are pros. He just said that the changes Ski-Doo has made help those guys who aren't pros out a little. I ride a Polaris Pro, and I agree that T-motion certainly helps to get that sled up on edge. I haven't tried it on snow, but there was very little effort required to get my buddy's 11 XP, with the T-motion skid installed, on edge. Why are you guys attacking Bret because he said that this sled will help out riders who could use a little extra help. It doesn't make you any less of a rider because you ride one?

so while at the puyallup snow sho in washington last week i got to meet brett and we got on the topic of how the new doo stacked up against the poo. the first thing he said to me was the pro is for pro riders and the doo is for guys who need that extra help. i kinda thought it was strange that thats what he said. but talking to him futher i could understand why he would and the doo in his riding clinics. of course you would want a sled that made your customers in your riding clinics look better than they really are. it just made me realize that if a guy already knows how to side hill and tackle technical terrain there really is no need of the t-motion. havent had a chance to ride one yet so this is just what i took from the convo and me being a cat guy for years and a doo guy before that, i just think that the pro might be the better buy. just my two cents i guess....

This statement is more what I am refferring to. As I personally don't believe that Bret would be babbling his mouth a mere month after he had signed this deal with Doo about how there is a better sled out there. Pretty sure that because the XM is so much "easier" to ride that, a guy at the level of Bret's would not be stating "oh the pro is way better sled for guys like me cause i am a pro, but you mere amateurs should ride this cause it is easier" bottom line is if its easier for non pros, pros will jump all over the benefits as well as all it can do is make them better as well.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I quoted the wrong guy for the attacking Rassmusen comment.

So, for all of you Doo guys out there praising the T-motion system, did you buy a XM this year, or have you installed the T-motion skid in your XPs? Just wondering...
I'm very much looking forward to this season and all of the advancements that have been made across the board. It really doesn't matter what you ride, as long as we can all get out and enjoy the sport together.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score

Technology has given them better technology

Vidgren

Reaction score
maybe they think that the abuse a pro rider will put the t-motion skid thru, that it might not be tough enough?? just a thought. my only worry about the whole system was alignment. you have the rear half of skid flexing and the front part in one spot, like where the track rolls over your drivers. its soild there. might not have any adverse affects on a stock machine but what happens when you start jumping it or add BOOST. will it be able to handle??? not sure.... i guess we'll find out this winter.

The front part flexes
Not just the rear..

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly what I'm thinking...

Hey, I was talking to Burandt about why he is with poo.. He said it wasn't the sled, but because he gets free monster stickers and hats.

Am I more believable??:confused:

This statement is more what I am refferring to. As I personally don't believe that Bret would be babbling his mouth a mere month after he had signed this deal with Doo about how there is a better sled out there. Pretty sure that because the XM is so much "easier" to ride that, a guy at the level of Bret's would not be stating "oh the pro is way better sled for guys like me cause i am a pro, but you mere amateurs should ride this cause it is easier" bottom line is if its easier for non pros, pros will jump all over the benefits as well as all it can do is make them better as well.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well good thing i stuck with the Doo..the extra money i paid will make me smile more on the hill as i get stuck less cause i can pull off pro level manoeuvres !!!YEH!!cant wait to get my sled!!

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fawk, it all makes sense now! I always wondered why Imdoon' rides Doo, he needs that little extra help HAHAHA Popcorn just finished popping he he

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so while at the puyallup snow sho in washington last week i got to meet brett and we got on the topic of how the new doo stacked up against the poo. the first thing he said to me was the pro is for pro riders and the doo is for guys who need that extra help. i kinda thought it was strange that thats what he said. but talking to him futher i could understand why he would and the doo in his riding clinics. of course you would want a sled that made your customers in your riding clinics look better than they really are. it just made me realize that if a guy already knows how to side hill and tackle technical terrain there really is no need of the t-motion. havent had a chance to ride one yet so this is just what i took from the convo and me being a cat guy for years and a doo guy before that, i just think that the pro might be the better buy. just my two cents i guess....

he never said the pro was a better sled just better suited for a different kind of rider.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think we will see t-motion revisions in the next few years. the front arm is split so the rails can move independantly. you cant actually see it thats why most assume its a gimick. it is not.

in new revisions i think(would like) to see a new front arm with a heim joint similar to the rear arm. the get the maximum flex.

Top Bottom