Boost 165 VS Turbo Doo 165 Comparison

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
New parts are in and time to test this weekend. Cut doo track, gear down, and more clutching changes.

Attachments

• F62053EB-81FC-4E4D-9A14-1384A84C663D.jpeg
    F62053EB-81FC-4E4D-9A14-1384A84C663D.jpeg
    417.6 KB · Views: 282
  • 147BE195-94EF-4F72-A1D9-5563F380C6A4.jpeg
    147BE195-94EF-4F72-A1D9-5563F380C6A4.jpeg
    321.2 KB · Views: 277

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were still doing the toilet bowl some time right? Haha
Lol! We played just the tip with the toilet bowl today. Couldn’t egg my buddy into dropping into again. Last time was a heli lift out.

On topic of the thread though. Rode my 2021 T850 165 Doo today after most the season on the Polaris Boost. Fit and finish as always is better on the Doo as well as being cleaner and more responsive on the bottom end. The Polaris goes through the snow better, boards are better, new screen is awesome and of course side hilling goes to it. For my riding the Polaris is the choice.

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother and I were at Renshaw Jan 29 with his T-Doo and I had my Boost.
I would say we found exactly what Ben and Max did.
The Boost cleanly beat the Doo if there was traction or less than two feet of snow.
I did not post the Boost track speed on set up snow as did not want the wrath of the Doo-ers crying foul but it was 56mph coming out of spirit lake with my fat azz on the Boost. Coming down trail at the end of day I hit 74mph, not good for the track but hell I just wanted to know.......
Tables turned for sure in the couple spots that the snow was deeper and then the Doo was faster, I am also 50# heavier than my brother but I think the Doo was faster in the deep. Doo has always had a strong motor.
Was first day out for both sleds.
The Poo runs so fat on the bottom I swear I could smell gas.
Hopefully this cleans up after breakin and out of the hole performance improves a bit.
Yes I’ve had 5 rides and have changed out 5 sets of new plugs, always on cold start up. I’m now off break in and just started to see if it would foul plugs this morning. This is the 1st cold start that plugs never fouled so hopefully done with that.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I’ve had 5 rides and have changed out 5 sets of new plugs, always on cold start up. I’m now off break in and just started to see if it would foul plugs this morning. This is the 1st cold start that plugs never fouled so hopefully done with that.

try pulling it over a few times with the kill switch off to free things up. I always do that when sleds cold and no issues. But I’m on a skidoo so there’s never issues lol

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The boost with the cut down Skidoo 165 does have the advantage in the deep snow now. Did a few test runs with Sean riding both sleds and the boost pull harder on the top end. With the same track its as close to apples to apples as you can get and with the bit of extra power the boost is supposed to have makes sense as to what we saw. Skidoo defiantly has the better deep snow track but saying that its a true 3 inch and the Polaris 2.7 measured out at 2.6 so pretty much to be expected. They are both awesome sleds and the gauge on the polaris is just wicked.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I almost got #thatskidoofeeling when I rode chris’s boost with the work he did to it. Totally different animal from stock. Anyone with a boost that rides deep snow really needs to get a skidoo 3” track on it. Hands down makes it a real performer

I’d ride one, still be hard to tell
My mom I’m gay though

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I almost got #thatskidoofeeling when I rode chris’s boost with the work he did to it. Totally different animal from stock. Anyone with a boost that rides deep snow really needs to get a skidoo 3” track on it. Hands down makes it a real performer

My mom I’m gay though
She already knows ;)

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My mom I’m gay though

I have just the brand new track your looking for, for your new boost!! Fully clipped and everything.

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking forward to see if the 23 155 matryx boost will just run crisp and give me smiles all day, thats all im looking for.

Top Bottom