Official REVY Riding Conditions 2014/15

jumpingjack

Reaction score
Last yr there were a few posts in a thread where they can across a guy that speared the track. Cut it off and left it there. Another group hauled it out a day or 2 later.
Thinking it was mcbride area.

It was last year and it happened on Frisby. The guy was drinking and had his kids with him. Was not a good situation.

hevy_chevy67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to Frisby on Sunday and while there were lots of tracks, she was a beauty of a day.

CAM00115 (3).jpg

RFish

Reaction score
How has the temps up top been. Is any of the good couple feet that fell last week going to be crusted from heat?? Or will she still be real deep in the trees. Not worried about tracks where were riding.

smc

Reaction score
How has the temps up top been. Is any of the good couple feet that fell last week going to be crusted from heat?? Or will she still be real deep in the trees. Not worried about tracks where were riding.

the snow has set up fairly firm and the sun baked areas have a crunchy crust for sure. you can still lay it over and have a good time but it wont be blowing over your hood.

Awedor

Reaction score
Any info on the Mt. Hall avalanche I'm hearing rumours about? Full burial but ok(?)
Anybody know aspect or other details?

kgazzard

Reaction score
Any info on the Mt. Hall avalanche I'm hearing rumours about? Full burial but ok(?)
Anybody know aspect or other details?

(I'm referring to the Avalanche on Sunday the 11th if it's not the only one.)
I was a bystander, but did not witness the incident. We stayed with the group the entire time and lent a hand.

His group was heading up a hill SE of the tower. He was the last one in the group to come up and never made it. No one realized what happened at first. There happened to be another group from Quebec who witnessed the Avalanche and dug him out quickly. They rescued him within 5-10 min, however he was grey and had fluid in his lungs. SPOT was alerted and the helicopter was there in approximately an hour. (From the time of burial)

He was stable when the helicopter took him. Was originally taken to the Revelstoke hospital, but as far as I know he was transferred to Kelowna.

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong, but looks like the second last rider going up the hill triggered the Avalanche which took out the last guy.

That's all I know, unsure of condition but I hope he's okay.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
(I'm referring to the Avalanche on Sunday the 11th if it's not the only one.)
I was a bystander, but did not witness the incident. We stayed with the group the entire time and lent a hand.

His group was heading up a hill SE of the tower. He was the last one in the group to come up and never made it. No one realized what happened at first. There happened to be another group from Quebec who witnessed the Avalanche and dug him out quickly. They rescued him within 5-10 min, however he was grey and had fluid in his lungs. SPOT was alerted and the helicopter was there in approximately an hour. (From the time of burial)

He was stable when the helicopter took him. Was originally taken to the Revelstoke hospital, but as far as I know he was transferred to Kelowna.

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong, but looks like the second last rider going up the hill triggered the Avalanche which took out the last guy.

That's all I know, unsure of condition but I hope he's okay.
Wow not good.....

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
If any of you are in Revy this wknd. it is Avalanche Awareness Day Sat. Jan. 17 9-4 on Boulder. There will also be presentations at 11 at the cabin, more info on the day here.

....and then on Sun. we are presenting the new grooming machine and thanking some special guests at noon at the cabin.

everyone is welcome to join us.

Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow. The south east side. Mostly east side of the upper ridge in hall mountain is a bad slope. Terrain trap with a high speed run out tothe trees. Way to many riders with no brains these days. I remember riding hall years back and you would never see a track on that east side. Because it looks ****ing dangerous. Pay attention people.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Road revy this past weekend with some locals and found some sweet snow in the trees. While we were talking they were claiming this winter is the worst they have seen for having avalanches and these guys are on the rescue group for the revy area, so guys be careful out their.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any new snow up top? Trying to decide where to go this weekend.

Top Bottom