Tw 200

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any body have one of these. I am thinking about getting one sold my WR450 last year as didn't use it much we used to ride in a mixed group of dirt bikes and quads the bikes ahead and stopping every so often and waiting for the quads to catch up but most of the group have ether stoped coming or switched to quads so sold my bike and now ride a quad. I will be retiring in 2 years and the wife and I are going on a cross Canada tour and was going to bring the quads but thought a TW might be a better option as they are street legal and could ride them anywhere if the wife could ride one and likes it might get a couple of them so thought I would get one and try it out and see how it goes. I have been looking at reviews on U tube and people say they are good on the trails I know it would not be a power house 200cc air cooled motor but they say they have super low gearing and can climb and are good in sand sort of a two wheeled quad I know it wouldn't be fast but that is ok as we are old. Anyway anyone have/had one of these any opinions. Also anyone have one for sale in good condition and less than ten years old let me know.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one. Was a fantastic bike around town and off road.
Sold it a few years ago for more than I bought if for.
I rode it from Leduc to EIA for work for years.
Probably should have kept it. Really fun bike.
67f468dae5af8a098ce651224da4bc15.jpg

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What was the top speed able to do 100 km's/hr ?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What was the top speed able to do 100 km's/hr ?

It had factory sprockets So 85 90 km was about it.

People put on a smaller rear sprocket to go 110 km.

MOUNTAIN MICKEY

Reaction score
I also had one of these bikes. Was ideal for my purposes. More off road than pavement. Not saying they cant be used on the highway but they are not fast in this application. Good in town and on the trails, Dual purpose--thats their thing. You can get better "dirt" bikes and better "highway" bikes. They are fairly low to the ground--seat wise, so short people are comfortable with them---but have good ground clearance too. Bit heavy on the front end for a dirt bike but manageable. Sounds like they would meet your needs very well. Hope you get a couple. Tough looking machines. I put a rear rack on mine.

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea not looking for a street bike I have a Harley for that looking for a bike to take camping across the country that can go on roads legally and take you trail riding so could drive it from campsites to explore trails and back and as these have a low seat height the wife should be able to ride one. Think I will get one and see how it goes if it works out I will get a second one. Hoping to find a good used one but might buy new if I can’t find one but not in a rush so got some time to find one

puddle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is my ‘94 with 2000km. I put it on a carrier behind the 5th wheel when we took the kids to Disneyland. Cruised the Vegas strip on it on the way down.
The bike is known as a beach bike and referred to as the bike with a fat ass back tire. As previously mentioned, very easy to handle as a beginner bike or super cheap to operate. Great for in town -although other bikers tend to laugh and not return the universal gesture. I’d double the wife when we go for ice cream. I’ve never taken it trail riding but lots of people do. You would have to twist the throttle way back and hope for an decline to achieve 110 km/hr.
Fun little bike. There is a ton of them around.
b13209d0-9619-45dd-ad71-f61b6b9d1e86
8dc0f461-3622-45fb-a146-9a0e133391ce

Attachments

• IMG_1195.jpg
    IMG_1195.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 204
Top Bottom