Official REVY Riding Conditions 2014/15

RFish

Reaction score
Looking good boys!!! Last night. Going to be perfect timing coming up tommorow!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 877

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Dont beleive that Gnome guy. He is across the valley.
No snow on Boulder.
Still tracked up.
Stay home evryone! Lil Duke and I will post when we get some fresh.....

BWHAAAAAAAA!

No really, about 16 inches in the alpine.. Just enough to cover old trenches so a guy has to watch a little but all in all good dry snow.
Never broke up top till about 1 today and then we had some visibility.
Snow pole at cabin reads just shy of 7 feet.
Still low snow for this time of year.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Looking to ride Keystone if i can get someone to come along

wE re not riding Keystone, due to the pouring rain in town tonight.
Damn Pacific fronts....
Go from good snow to bad.
You are welcome to come with us tomorrow.......
Days inn at 800 and plan from there

Snow up top was epic..... Found a new place we are gonna call MILLERS HOLE.....
will post pics laetr.....

Time for supper....

focus247

Reaction score
Kimrick
I would love to but I have to have an office meeting in the morning to free up the rest of the week. Thanks for the invite and I will take you guys up on that offer again
Thx

sledneck_4

Reaction score
Still looking for a group or somone to ride with on the 26-28
. I'm fairly experienced and on a 163 t3

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
avw6.jpg avw7.jpg avw4.jpg
photos Dusty Veideman

Thanks everyone who came up to join us on Sat. for Avalanche Awareness Day. Team Thunderstruck and the RSC made another $10,000 donation to Avalanche Canada to promote awareness to snowmobilers. The total now is $45,000 since 2010, thanks to our sponsors and to everyone that have participated in the Thunderstruck Premier each yr.to make this possible. A huge thanks to Randy and Rozzy for all you do for us.
We also installed a memorial plaque in the cabin for Shay, Curtis and Chris.

avw1.jpg avw11.jpg
photos Dusty Veideman

Tom Riley from Avalanche Canada spent the day with RSC directors, S&R and RSC Snowmobile Patrol members promoting avalanche awareness to riders. Thanks to you all for your time. I am sure we reached close to 150 riders this yr.

groomer4.jpg groomer7.jpg groomer6.jpg groomer8.jpg
photos Dusty Veideman

Sunday was the presentation of the RSC`s new grooming machine. First pic. Donegal Wilson BCSF, Daniel Kellie RSC President, John Teed Revelstoke Credit Union and Allan Graves Prinoth. Third pic. some of our long time groomer operators Herb Shaede, Brad McStay, Pat Gadbois and Jack McKay.
Over a million $`s in assets in the second pic. because of support from RSC directors, members, corporate advertisers/supporters, guests and the community. Thanks everyone for your support and coming up to spend the day with us.

There is more pics. from the wknd. here
https://www.facebook.com/revelstoke.snowmobile.club

........oh and no complaints about the trails that day :)

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question , I'm on the eagle valley club... U only have 2 areas to groom and 4 groomers

How come u don't branch out and do sale or keystone ect, that are listed as riding areas??

We have 3 groomers and 4 areas...

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question , I'm on the eagle valley club... U only have 2 areas to groom and 4 groomers

How come u don't branch out and do sale or keystone ect, that are listed as riding areas??

I agree it would be great to get other areas groomed.

As far as the workload goes though you've got to break it down in terms of trails not riding areas. There are roughly 2 full trails plus others groomed up Frisby and 3 full trails up Boulder, not to mention streeter street which runs between. Also many of the trails are groomed double wide now to stand up to more traffic and most trails are groomed nightly on and around weekends.

That's a hell of a lot of grooming if you ask me.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's exactly what I was going to post. Why not groom Sale?

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree it would be great to get other areas groomed.

As far as the workload goes though you've got to break it down in terms of trails not riding areas. There are roughly 2 full trails plus others groomed up Frisby and 3 full trails up Boulder, not to mention streeter street which runs between. Also many of the trails are groomed double wide now to stand up to more traffic and most trails are groomed nightly on and around weekends.

That's a hell of a lot of grooming if you ask me.

This is all true. When I rode Boulder and Turtle last week the trails were like glass. Made Sale seem all that much worse the next day.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the logging on Frisby there is a little less to groom is there not?

Either way I can only remember once in the last half dozen years where I had a crappy ride off Boulder. But we met the groomer on the way down so the next morning it was great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one to ask, just was thinking how come so many groomers, and the big picture would be to add sale next as it's the next closest

foghorn

Reaction score
I'm gonna suspect volunteers and parking will become a issue at Sale won't it. Remember they can't just Groom it and not charge for trail fees either. And where will everyone park at sale

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Still lots of excellent riding around.
Pole at Boulder reads just shy of 8 feet.

Things are sluffing pretty hard. A few larger slides coming down on the hill also.
Make sure to watch your buddy and stop parking at the bottom of the hills. These sluffs that are happening still bring down a substantial amount of snow. sluff.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom