I feel dirty but I rode a Polaris boost matryx

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The better argument is, how many chains vs BD belts have failed over the years?
A failed chain is more severe yes, but with proper maintenance chain failures are not as common.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While I agree it's lighter, what happens once your add the weight of the driveshaft, track, and all the snow you're shoveling in to the equation? I think the gain from lightened rotational mass is best realized at the primary clutch, and possibly secondary.

Don't get me wrong, there is a gain to be had in lightening the drive, I don't feel it's hugely noticeable. The weight savings itself is probably a bigger gain than the rotational weight savings. Just my two cents. Not an engineer, and could be way off though.
Nooooo!
Your mind has been corrupted already?!

lol

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i cant fathom why you guys are so obesssed with belt drives. They dont gain anything and i have never broken a chain in my entire riding days. especially now being boosted with the same drive system..why! factory clutch belts are well over 200$ a pop why would you want to spend more blowing another 200$ belt, thats frankly isnt even necessary. i cant wrap my head around it. help me understand.
How often do you change your chain! With my boosted Yamaha’s I would change them every 2000-2500 km. 120 for a chain is much cheaper than 1200 for a chain case and all the extras. And yes at 290hp they did break,

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Full functioning gps and you can send messages and track the position of other Polaris machines. Cool stuff. I’d rather have something that connects to my phone that way no risk of smashing and it’s easier to type and download data to share etc. would also not increase the price of the sled as much if it’s app based.
The tracking option is cool, but until all manufactures offer the same option and they agree to make them compatible then from a practical sense, useless. Everyone in the group has to drive a polaris? I agree they have to start somewhere, but if I need a Rino anyway, not going to pay extra to have that option to track one of my 5 buddies.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nooooo!
Your mind has been corrupted already?!

lol
Belt drive on my Alpha. Not really sure I could tell the difference to be honest. I did see a difference shaving weight off the primary clutch though. Definitely faster revs on the bottom end before shift out.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tracking option is cool, but until all manufactures offer the same option and they agree to make them compatible then from a practical sense, useless. Everyone in the group has to drive a polaris? I agree they have to start somewhere, but if I need a Rino anyway, not going to pay extra to have that option to track one of my 5 buddies.
Yes everyone must drive a Polaris. The boost wagons circle back to the last steep hill to pick up the doos and cats.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Belt drive on my Alpha. Not really sure I could tell the difference to be honest. I did see a difference shaving weight off the primary clutch though. Definitely faster revs on the bottom end before shift out.
Yes, weight off the primary makes a very noticable difference. Had 1.25lbs taken off my primary, quick revving now. I would like to have a bunch taken of the secondary aswell and see if i can notice it. I have ridden my 11 w/chaincase and 13? With belt drive and could tell some difference.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Everyone else just has to download the polaris app on there phone. then can be tracked with the polaris gauge.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your buddy must be real pissed. spend$$$$ on a new boost just to have to spend more $$$$$ afterwards
You should see the nice little rant he made for Polaris in the heat of the moment about the issues with this sled. :LOL:

Can’t you just put a new belt on? Why did it have to be flown out
Ya, I don't question the crazy Frenchman logic. It was about 45km from the truck passing through some steep technical terrain, but I managed to double his ass out with some walking on his part. Personally, I would have suffered our way back in, but it's what he chose to do. Belts are on backorder and it wasn't looking promising to find one. He is also impatient. Back riding today on someone else's belt who is out of town and is borrowing it's belt.

My local dealer has a spare qd2 belt. Last one. Someone want me to grab it for them?
Thanks and I appreciate the offer, but he just found two somewhere in Alberta and they are on their way. Wouldn't be surprised if it is the one you're referring to.

I believe the only option is from Polaris how convenient (they have their own specs) that way they can charge 3 times the price of a gates
I believe this to be true.

Also I should just mention that you should not store the qd2 belt on the outside of your clutch belt in the holder thing under the hood. My buddy melted his storing it there.
I will pass this along

How often do you change your chain! With my boosted Yamaha’s I would change them every 2000-2500 km. 120 for a chain is much cheaper than 1200 for a chain case and all the extras. And yes at 290hp they did break,
I have a XM and a G4 with 11,000km each on them, both on the factory chain and within spec. Stock power and I do regular maintenance. They are both backup/lender sleds and don't see much mileage anymore.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo chain case’s are stupid!!
It takes up tomuch space on the board where ur foot should b, not to mention when hot in pow it’s a slush fest.
Boards are for feet, and not overly long chain cases that should b under the hood.
and brake setups off drivers on the other side wtf???fat ass 16” tracked bitch…lol

yes I can ride with no brakes if bd wants to shxt the bed.
doo engineering set up!! Bruh!!

Think about it???¿
it’s right between ur legs doo Guys, just look down……sooo. stupid!!!!

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
D97060E5-E900-46F1-A030-FD3E04018278.jpeg

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He had no spare QD belt and no one had a spare they could lend them to get it out.. Well he has been livin on the edge.
Change out for std QD pulleys + belt - should be loads of used around ....
Yes I know the gearing is not as good but it's cheaper than a heli and you're back on the snow

Last edited:

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Change out for std QD pulleys + belt - should be loads of used around ....
Yes I know the gearing is not as good but it's cheaper than a heli and you're back on the snow

I have a QD1 belt as my spare in the truck. Polaris website says it will fit, same amount of teeth just different gearing ratio

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a QD1 belt as my spare in the truck. Polaris website says it will fit, same amount of teeth just different gearing ratio
Have you tried it to see if it will? Serious question not trying to be an ass

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo chain case’s are stupid!!
It takes up tomuch space on the board where ur foot should b, not to mention when hot in pow it’s a slush fest.
Boards are for feet, and not overly long chain cases that should b under the hood.
and brake setups off drivers on the other side wtf???fat ass 16” tracked bitch…lol

yes I can ride with no brakes if bd wants to shxt the bed.
doo engineering set up!! Bruh!!

Think about it???¿
it’s right between ur legs doo Guys, just look down……sooo. stupid!!!!

youve got it all backwards, thats the reason the doo outperforms the polaris in the deep stuff is partially due to the incredible engineering of being able to get the rider SOOO much further forward. If your chaincase is under the hood that means the rider is at least 12" further back on the machine. Ive never cursed the chaincase and wished it wasnt there..........its not an issue

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
youve got it all backwards, thats the reason the doo outperforms the polaris in the deep stuff is partially due to the incredible engineering of being able to get the rider SOOO much further forward. If your chaincase is under the hood that means the rider is at least 12" further back on the machine. Ive never cursed the chaincase and wished it wasnt there..........its not an issue
I prefer humping ladies, not handlebars 😉.

Top Bottom