I feel dirty but I rode a Polaris boost matryx

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you tried it to see if it will? Serious question not trying to be an ass
We had a spare qd1 belt in our group. 69 tooth vs 73 for the qd2

Change out for std QD pulleys + belt - should be loads of used around ....
Yes I know the gearing is not as good but it's cheaper than a heli and you're back on the snow
That was the next move.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo chain case’s are stupid!!
It takes up tomuch space on the board where ur foot should b, not to mention when hot in pow it’s a slush fest.
Boards are for feet, and not overly long chain cases that should b under the hood.
and brake setups off drivers on the other side wtf???fat ass 16” tracked bitch…lol

yes I can ride with no brakes if bd wants to shxt the bed.
doo engineering set up!! Bruh!!

Think about it???Âż
it’s right between ur legs doo Guys, just look down……sooo. stupid!!!!

Lol, heat from the chaincase???, not likely.

Aftermarket muffler, yep very likely.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
youve got it all backwards, thats the reason the doo outperforms the polaris in the deep stuff is partially due to the incredible engineering of being able to get the rider SOOO much further forward. If your chaincase is under the hood that means the rider is at least 12" further back on the machine. Ive never cursed the chaincase and wished it wasnt there..........its not an issue

Only time I cursed the chaincase is when I had a BD on my 13. You should of seen what it did to my right boot after one season.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo chain case’s are stupid!!
It takes up tomuch space on the board where ur foot should b, not to mention when hot in pow it’s a slush fest.
Boards are for feet, and not overly long chain cases that should b under the hood.
and brake setups off drivers on the other side wtf???fat ass 16” tracked bitch…lol

yes I can ride with no brakes if bd wants to shxt the bed.
doo engineering set up!! Bruh!!

Think about it???Âż
it’s right between ur legs doo Guys, just look down……sooo. stupid!!!!
I’d say doos way ahead of the game allowing you to get your weight that much further forward. Chain cases under the hood is a 90s retro sled thing

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’d say doos way ahead of the game allowing you to get your weight that much further forward. Chain cases under the hood is a 90s retro sled thing

They could maybe work on slimming up the design a bit. A lil extra toe space up front wouldnt hurt.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ur missing the hole idea/what was said…
chain cases are stupid 90s tec.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
chain cases are stupid belt drive would be narrower by you foot?
chain cases are stupid 90s tec.
A belt drive would be narrower than a chain? I also seem to see way more belt drive issues then chain case issues in the last 10 years.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a spare qd1 belt in our group. 69 tooth vs 73 for the qd2

That was the next move.
I have 4 sets hanging in the shed ....swapped out for the 13-15 QD sprockets which is close to being same as QD2 ratio ....should be loads of cheap sets of 16-22 std QD pulleys & belts around ...better than sitting....

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Pro Gears are 21/44 or 2.095, QD2 is 22/50 or 2.27. I have kurts geardown kits that are 29/69 or 2.379.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 251085
The bottom end is way better than I thought it would be too.
Whose doo was on the right? That thing looked like it was pulling hard.
Kibbels redline 174 T3. Yes it pulls hard.

Well… I jumped the start… then fell asleep at the line then reeled in the Boost and passed Benny with red strap holding front end together and having only 49% of lungs at 4lbs of boost on 7 year old iron.… It’s like a reward ;).

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Status update. I haven't asked in a while, but the Boost in our group must be nearing 3000km.

Still occasional "low pressure fuel" at lower fuel levels. He ran out of gas on the hill between the lake and the cabin at Eagles for the second time yesterday. :ROFLMAO:
The powder valves added to the airbox didn't do chit. Speculating now that the rubber elbow just before the turbo is collapsing and choking it out. It's pretty soft when it is warm. Have a redneck fix to try out tomorrow.
Changed out the first cvt belt last week. Looks fine, but there was a sudden weird noise coming from that area and changing the belt made it go away.
Exhaust temp sensor failed two days ago. When removed, it was physically falling apart. Fortunately none of the shrapnel went through the turbo.

He has checked a G5, but is grumbling about the 16" track.

On a side note, #3 in our group got tried of chasing an intermittent running on one cylinder on his '20 poo and bought a '22 t-doo.
Two days later, #4 parked his '20 cat and bought a '22 t-doo.
They're both loving them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom