I feel dirty but I rode a Polaris boost matryx

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice machine it runs nice and clean on and off boost. Good throttle response. Sled ran consistent all day. But I was expecting a little more out of it. When Polaris said they had a 180hp machine that’s lighter I really thought skidoo camp was in trouble. Back to back pulls against a 2022 165 turbo skidoo they were pulling identical track speeds in multiple repeated attempts. Deep snow. 70kmh for the factory 2022 skidoo and 42mph consistent for the Polaris. Being 180 claimed HP spinning a narrower track with less lug height i was really expecting numbers in the mid 50mph. These speeds I’m posting are fully loaded deep snow before turnout. Not some of the numbers you fellas post rocketing up a hard pack hill it’s the real deal as loaded as a sled can get. Either skidoo is lying about it’s 165 HP or Polaris is lying about 180. OR Polaris drivetrain is having issues getting that power to the ground. Both machines are strong but the skidoo turbo is still a cleaner running more refined package. It also pulls a lot harder in the mid range and much less lag on the bottom end. There was no skidoo turbo inialation today I’ll tell you that for free. I’m not knocking the sled at all. It’s works well and is night and day faster than an NA 850 and glad to see the industry moving forward. But all this talk of blowing skidoo’s out of the water just isn’t going to happen. I think once the clutching and gearing wizards start tinkering we might be in trouble but stock to stock the skidoo turbo and Polaris turbo perform very similar. Everyone will be happy with them. It’s nice when my Polaris friends are right behind me now. It’s been lonely at the top the last 2 years.

drew17

Reaction score
I think its safe to say were lucky to be sledding when we are. the industry is across the board producing incredible machines. i thought for along time this year i would switch back to polaris for that boost. but if im putting my trust in a sled to be turn key for years its gonna be a skidoo. I don't think you can go wrong with any sled currently on the market but the refinement of the skidoo product is just higher. To me polaris technology always comes across gimmicky i.e lightest, more boost, biggest screen. But that being said i cant wait to see where sleds get to in the coming years, a factory turbo is something we have been asking for for years and now we have it. (cough) well must of us haha.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
579306C4-E348-4269-8DDF-E793D283213E.jpeg

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m sure u felt better ridding a way lighter sled all day tho ??

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Ski Doo turbo 165 is 572 rtr and the polaris boost 165 is 560 rtr. only 12 pounds difference.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really!!!
Well I’m sure a can and a carbon fiber clutch cover could make all the numbers better than

Frosty19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All brands sled tech these days make riders better than they are so pick one you like and ride it.
Hp and track speed doesn't define a fun day for me.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well this didn’t explode like I expected, damn. Back to
Plowing snow
You and long hair are all worn out.can’t get the sublicety up. Troll posting haha. I love the honest first hand feed back. First I’ve heard other than burandt!. Feel at his altitude it would make a difference. In bc mountains it’s a wash a we just don’t ride the sky tram
Uphere

Top Bottom