2022 Polaris Boost Math

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We all get that, wasn’t really the question
would take a picTure of skegpro post/thread ..just a thought .. Question can some confirm this is COMING FROM a FacToRy polaris horsepower DYNO... or is this BIKEMAN riding on polaris coat TaiLs ... prove me wrong .. thanks muc respect all around... the only key part on the dyne sheet is the category HP/loss % PERCENTAGES from seaLevel 0 too 10,000 thats the only thing on the charT that is accurate informaTion .. think hard about that .. those r the hard numbers ... luv it ...

Last edited:

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please just stop. This is not true and more related to ECU mapping and exhaust valves. They could have made that "181 HP" with a torque number of 125 ft/lbs at 7600 rpm. I've analyzed the dyno information and the Doo makes 123 ft/lbs at 7250. Run that number at 7700 and its dead nuts at 181 HP. Turbos make torque lower so why wouldn't you measure it at the lowest peak torque RPM (unless of course it suited the marketing dept to post a bigger # than the competition so you cherry picked the higher RPM).

I don't know where the fawk you guys are getting your numbers, but the Doo Turbo put down well over 175 HP last year (closer to 177-178) for peak HP at the same RPM. Why Polaris is claiming 181 HP with 9 lbs of boost I'm not sure and not sure where it was measured. 850 Matryx made 175.2 HP and 115 ft/lbs at almost 8100 RPM so I'm not sure where this all got lost in the translation. Read into it some more, probably says something like "can make up to 9 lbs" but usually runs 4-5 lbs. Kinda like fuel can contain "up to" 10% ethanol but rarely does...but yet everyone assumes its always 10%.... if you push that 115 ft/lbs to 8800 RPM you'll be making 193 HP on a stock 850 motor....at least on paper anyway.

I really wish you guys wouldn't believe all this **** in the sales brochures without understanding the numbers.....it's there to justify the $26K pricetag. let's wait til the Poo 850 turbo hits the dyno then we'll talk actual numbers. Regardless of what happens in the dyno cell, I wouldn't worry too much about the paper numbers Sean. How they perform on the hill is all that matters.
checkMaTE thanks for the FREE information.. i will put this to good use ... so please don't Stop SHARING the info live on line ..hahaa ... thanks for bringing this to the surface .. the future is bright ... I'm just learning ..wooT !! wooT !! .. no need to stay on the side lines.. knowledge is Key .. winkK !! winkKK !!!

Last edited:

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if a skidoo factory turbo at 10,000ft makes 165hp and a Polaris factory turbo makes 181hp that is an 8.8% increase.......

if a skidoo factory turbo makes 4psi at 10,000ft to maintain 165 hp and a polaris boost makes 9psi at 10,00ft to maintain 181hp.....thats a 56% increase in boost level for an 8.8% power increase......

whos lying? or is the new Polaris system just that inefficient? what am i missing.

You are missing the power to weight numbers. BAM!

Last edited:

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what your saying is theres new technology ... but it hasn't been released into the market place..... yes ... back up the proof ... snow n mudders are curious ... thanks rene G... go aHead ... your up... beeP !!! beeP !!... how does it make the adjustments from 5.5 psi to 9psi to 10,000 feet rene G ???? ... i call bull****... even thou u can automatically add boost to compensate for the rise in elevation ... the turboo to housing SiZE RATIO stays the same ..yes u can put more or less psi through the turboo automatically ... but the keY going both ways is that your going to go outside the standard volumetric efficienY 1.60 and going beyond the 10% limit... u can't maintain volumetric efficiencY... so going outside the 10% on the turbo size u would have to much lag ..{ turbo/motor ( to rich ) } and going outside 10% on the housing size u would be to LeaN { housing /motor ( to lean ) }... thanks for bringing this to the surface ... this is good stuff .. much respects aLL around.. side note: once the turbo/housing is put in and your riding your sled from 0 to 10,000 ft and say your at 6000 ft... Ya can't just hit a button to change the turbo size and housing to compensate for volumetric INeffeciencY as u RiSE in elevation.. yes u can add more boost automatically but that doesn't change the other 2 variables ..remember VOLUMETRIC EFFICIENCY is TopP PrioriTy .. please read over n over ... its a complex answer ... I'm just learning ...HoLA

I haven’t seen any dyno numbers, I’m pretty sure no one has. All we’ve seen is an excel spreadsheet that someone posted up with their estimated hp#’s.

IF the Poo turbo is making between 5.5-9.5 psi that’s only a 4psi spread, pretty close the the variability of the Doo turbo, which you don’t have a problem with.

Any time you’re choosing a turbo you have to look at what you want from it, what you’re driving it with, and how much lag you’re willing to accept. It’s all a compromise.

I’m happy there’s 2 factory 2-stroke turbos on the market and I hope the both work amazing. We have some good time ahead of us as sledders if this keeps up!

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the key category is the horsepower PERCENTAGE LOSS aT each elevation increment 0,1000,2000,3000,4000,5000,6000,7000,8000,9000,10,000 its a accurate short cut to the correct horsepower at elevation ... side note and iTs FREE info this is GOLD/PLATIUM INFO ..lol ... example (s)..of different FACTORY warranty motors and hp...
all i can say is wow great job from all sides to complete these open questions about polaris math ... paper work is done.. looks brilliant for the future of motors of all sizes 850 to 1000 and i took it too 11,000 feeT ...

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all i can say is wow great job from all sides to complete these open questions about polaris math ... paper work is done.. looks brilliant for the future of motors of all sizes 850 to 1000 and i took it too 11,000 feeT ...
mr maxXxWeLL is just reviewing the documents .. he will posT shortly .. he jusT has to finish his moring coffee ...remember we went with stock WARRANTY NUMBERS .. u can take the info created and expand to meets your personal needs in regards to motor sizes and turboos .... this is good stuff ... dooo the best ya can see what happens .. grass rooTs will always be the leader in all industries .. its up to the big boYs if they wanna read, listen and exacute ,connect and populate with the end (reTaiL ) consumer ... for a brighTer toDaY and for the fuTure going forward ... POLARiS new slogan LiVe iT.. maKe iT... puLL iT... KicK iT... wiggLE iT ... haVe fun wiT iT ... DriVe iT ... TaG iT ... CaTcH iT... TrY iT ... RiDE iT ... POLARiS THiNKouTside !!!

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My thinking is both the Polaris and the Skidoo will give you a major smile on your face the entire time you ride them isn't that enough!
rKnighT... mr maxXxWeLL seems to be having trouble downloading the PicTuRE of the stock motor warranty number s loss of hp .. I'm still learning ..what number can i text it too to have it downloaded on this thread/post thanKs my direct line is 403 -863 - ____ thanks rKnighT .. or day !! lol... i type wiT caPs to make aLL crazZZzY in the cocaNuT (s) lmao please call above number ... beep !! beep !! lets sPiLL th beanS .. ALOHA !!

Last edited:

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven’t seen any dyno numbers, I’m pretty sure no one has. All we’ve seen is an excel spreadsheet that someone posted up with their estimated hp#’s.

IF the Poo turbo is making between 5.5-9.5 psi that’s only a 4psi spread, pretty close the the variability of the Doo turbo, which you don’t have a problem with.

Any time you’re choosing a turbo you have to look at what you want from it, what you’re driving it with, and how much lag you’re willing to accept. It’s all a compromise.

I’m happy there’s 2 factory 2-stroke turbos on the market and I hope the both work amazing. We have some good time ahead of us as sledders if this keeps up!
luv your comments ... side NOTE : just a heads up the stocK ski dooo turboo has a secreT performance pipe thats attached to the motor and turboo .. the performance pipe makes 7 hp on top of the 165stock hp motor ... so at sea level like luke from snowTRAxXx was trying to explain... the ski dooo 850motors actuall real hp aT sea LeVeL is sTocK 165hp + 7HP of bolt on pipe performance = 172 HP ... the 2 reed valve s making 4 HP each r in the first stages of R n D from all sides... thaT Ski- dooo feeLing !! ... will alwaYs be top of mind FRoM BRP in all forms to satisfy all those inVoLVeD .. R n D , Quality and performance , FiT and FinisH, r ToP of mind , ProFiT and GrowTH .. will come and go but the new LYNxXx brand will be the BuFFeR !! i AM LYNX !!.. THIS IS LyNXxX !! WE ARE LYNXxX !!!

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
74a3a05a050f8a1594adb52d7a28d282.jpg

Here is the math hot off the press, straight from my limo driver Ozone

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210303/74a3a05a050f8a1594adb52d7a28d282.jpg

Here is the math hot off the press, straight from my limo driver Ozone
thanKs mr maxXxWeLL job well done .. would it be possible to down load LUKES snowTraxx video on this thread, about the ski dooo stock turboo... making more hp then 165 at sea level .. just to confirm what HP LUKE claimed the stock ski dooo 850 turboo makes at sea level .. or LHF can u help !!... or anybody else .. need a little supporT thats all .. no bashing .. peacePiPE... just need ta confirm .. thanks a latte I'm sTiLL learning !!!

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanKs mr maxXxWeLL job well done .. would it be possible to down load LUKES snowTraxx video on this thread, about the ski dooo stock turboo... making more hp then 165 at sea level .. just to confirm what HP LUKE claimed the stock ski dooo 850 turboo makes at sea level .. or LHF can u help !!... or anybody else .. need a little supporT thats all .. no bashing .. peacePiPE... just need ta confirm .. thanks a latte I'm sTiLL learning !!!
How does Maxy look in a dress? He's a great administrative assistant. Lmao! Hey don't feel bad though Dave. I can't load pics and links either. Rknight says new version coming soon will take me and you out of the stone ages. Lol

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How does Maxy look in a dress? He's a great administrative assistant. Lmao! Hey don't feel bad though Dave. I can't load pics and links either. Rknight says new version coming soon will take me and you out of the stone ages. Lol
please don't mention sTone .. i geT the chiLLs .. now i wanTs ta go to keystone ... hahaha !! lol

Top Bottom