Edmonton Snowmobile Show

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am just glad that dork isn't there who tries to clean your glasses...:cool:

Perhaps they could hold more premiers like Boost, Thunderstruck, Slednecks, BRAAAAP... etc. A different one at different times through the show.

What about a 50/50 draw for each day? Something that you can claim your ticket within 24 hours, otherwise it all goes to the charity.

dpf1983

Reaction score
I went to the snowmobile show this year on the Friday and the main reason I was going was to see the freestyle sleds. We got there and went to watch them and they didn't even run the sleds and all they did was just keep telling everybody if you want to see them do anything cool you would have to goto castrol raceway on Sunday and pay for there show there. I think it was a joke, at least at the bike show when they have freestyle bikers they actually do stuff. It costs way to much in my opinion to park and get in for what you get at the show.

The ASA Guy

Reaction score
Website
www.altasnowmobile.ab.ca
Hi Zal,

The ASA is the show producer and we hire someone to manage the show for us. We are a small non-profit office and our focus is on riding and safety for the ASA clubs and all Albertan snowmobilers.

I wish we could waive the parking but that is a Northlands charge. We are only renting the halls and sub-leasing booths to exhibitors. As such, most of our charges to exhibitors and attendees are to cover costs. We dont make a lot of money on the show as most of it is eaten up with facility rental and display services. Its an expensive operation to run! We plan on making the Edmonton show bigger and better this year and all these suggestions will help a lot!

The only problem about moving it to Red Deer is that it would be more out of the way for us northerners. I make it a family event to go to the sled show in Edmonton, but Red Deer I would pass up. If you are thinking of making it "One Big Event," then toss the idea of having it in Edmonton one year and Calgary the next. JMO, don't shoot me.

But definately make it so vendors get a reasonable rate and waive the parking fees. They're paying out of their own pockets to be there, give them a break. More would show up then.

As for the ASA to run the show, is there a reason why they don't ASA guy?

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Hi Zal,

The ASA is the show producer and we hire someone to manage the show for us. We are a small non-profit office and our focus is on riding and safety for the ASA clubs and all Albertan snowmobilers.

I wish we could waive the parking but that is a Northlands charge. We are only renting the halls and sub-leasing booths to exhibitors. As such, most of our charges to exhibitors and attendees are to cover costs. We dont make a lot of money on the show as most of it is eaten up with facility rental and display services. Its an expensive operation to run! We plan on making the Edmonton show bigger and better this year and all these suggestions will help a lot!

Yeah but the SSA adopts the same philosophy as you guys on riding and safety for SSA members. They are a small operation too and they still run their own show.

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree....a swap meet would be killer aweosme!!! Maybe have an option to purchase weekend ticket pass at a discount. We would have went in Friday night and hit it again on Saturday but to pay for 2 days parking to get that friday evening in wasn't worth it so we elected to drive in on Saturday instead. We do that with powerama car show but we also get in on a helluva swap meet so if one were looking for that good used part and saved a bunch of cash...it them makes it worth while. Yep I agrre with everyone else on bringing in big vendors like Royal and whoever else wants to come....they'd sell truck loads of stuff if they were to set up for the weekend. A Show and Shine would be cool if you had enough entries and enough room....

Catgirl1000

Reaction score
hoping to see some options for women's gear (sledding jackets, pants etc) and not just pink femmy stuff..... many of the shops don't seem to have much for women to wear.
FXR??

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hoping to see some options for women's gear (sledding jackets, pants etc) and not just pink femmy stuff..... many of the shops don't seem to have much for women to wear.
FXR??

You should really like the new klim gear comin out for next season for the women then.

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no simple answer. You need a variaty of stuff for all interests. No matter what someone is going t be real happy and someone will bitch about it. As for the comment that nobody goes to see the vintage stuff, someone forgot to tell the masses that vote each year. Try to enjoy all parts of a show! Look for the good, not JUST the not so good.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
FXR??

Just had our sneak peak at the new Motorfist Womens gear today, its spectacular, they've done an awesome job with it!

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a swap meet is a great idea, as well as one large show in Red Deer. Just for location, cost and parking. The weekend pass is also a great idea. I also believe that at the westerner grounds. you can park your rv and stay. Maybe some snowmobile clubs could gather volunteers to help out and cut down on some of the costs. Lots of room out there.

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well like the other guys have all said more vendors from the states ,better deals,cheaper entrance fees or passes from all the dealers ! Maybe a mod show! Trailer accessories and girls girls girls!!!!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not just the snowmobile show. northlands comes with a price. boat and sportsman show was the exact same deal. and it was a much bigger show aswell with the same parking and admission fees

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
not just the snowmobile show. northlands comes with a price. boat and sportsman show was the exact same deal. and it was a much bigger show aswell with the same parking and admission fees

I heard a rumour... T-Team will be there signing auto-graphs? Im going for SURE!

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel most people have missed the Boat when it comes to the ASA Show.

With out the existing ASA Clubs you do not have an ASA or an ASA SHOW - PERIOD!!!
The ASA Show originally started out to PROMOTE the ASA and the CLUBS but has evolved to marketing and Dealer Promotion - with less and less focus on clubs.
We need to readdress and PROMOTE the ASA Clubs better.
I would guess that we have less than 1/2 of the ASA Clubs at the show.
With out strong support of the CLUBS you do not have an ASA - period
We had 52 ASA Clubs in the past and now are down to only 34 ASA Clubs.
Each time an ASA Club folds you lose that trail system/volunteers and will probably never reserect that club again...

There will come an equalibrium point that the ASA can not run / continue under say 25 clubs (we have already lost 18 clubs if we loss another 9 clubs we are at that equalibrium point)

The fact that the ASA Show is the largest fund raiser for the ASA will mean nothing if the clubs are folding and their trail systems disappear.

As a Club Manager and Trail System Manager I can tell you that most of clubs run on a shoe string budget and only make it from year to year with out banking any money for future expenses.

So how to PROMOTE ASA Clubs - give me some suggestions as
- Discounted show booth to all attending ASA Clubs
- Each club puts through a proposal for their booth as to layout and design
- Set up Trail Maintenance Displays / Groomer Displays
- Etc

WildWestDooing

Reaction score
Northlands parking is expensive. Should have make deal, stay Northlands and get free parking or move else like Mayfield or Red Deer. Red Deer Agri Trade Show is biggest trade show, they has race track, maybe use as grass race.
Or try new sled in race track as demo is only way to try out. Just thought. Red Deer has one.

The ASA Guy

Reaction score
Website
www.altasnowmobile.ab.ca
Thanks everyone for your ideas and comments! The 2011 show is now ready to launch and we are working with Northlands to make it bigger and better this year. Details will be constantly updated at AISAS |

There will be no show in Calgary or Red Deer this year, so the Edmonton show will be even bigger and better. Come join us at the biggest show west of Toronto!

The ASA continues to own and operate this show and all proceeds help the ASA and its member clubs make snowmobiling safer and more accessible for all Albertans. :snowmobilers_wave:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Northlands parking is expensive. Should have make deal, stay Northlands and get free parking or move else like Mayfield or Red Deer. Red Deer Agri Trade Show is biggest trade show, they has race track, maybe use as grass race.
Or try new sled in race track as demo is only way to try out. Just thought. Red Deer has one.

You want to move the sled show to a horse race track.....and grass race there? And I would assume you mean you want to try a new sled on the race track....beside the grass drags... which would mean your riding a sled on dirt around in a circle. I think we should bring this up it sounds good!:wtf1:

Top Bottom