Edmonton Snowmobile Show

Syndicate Speed Shop

Reaction score
Agreed parking is a joke not to mention they wedge yah in pretty making it a bugger to get out. Another one to think about perhaps is a classified section, noticed this year alot of sleds for sale in the backs of trucks. Have an area charge a set amount for person to have their for sale sled indoors and in the peoples eye...

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Another one to think about perhaps is a classified section, noticed this year alot of sleds for sale in the backs of trucks. Have an area charge a set amount for person to have their for sale sled indoors and in the peoples eye...

GOOD IDEA, KEV....... I BET THAT WOULD BE A HIT!!!:):):):beer:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Set up an ASA member drive outside the door.... if you buy your ASA membership at the show you are rewarded with free admission...

I bet this would encourage a lot more peeps to actually buy a membership...

fatguy1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would love to see a swapmeet section!

I'm not to excited about going to Dead Rear for a show, however if it alternated between Edmonton and Calgary I think that would be fair, and I would make the effort to attend both shows.

maxpower

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of alternating locations for the show. I will attend the Edmonton show each year but I won't make the trip to Calgary or even Red Deer so you might take a hit in revenue if there are more people with my opinion.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is my thought on the ASA show.......first off the show in Edmonton is one of the busiest Snowmobile shows in Canada...consider the location........most northern city in the Nation. I know first hand what it takes to organize and pull together a trade show of this size. Often distributors are faced with huge expense to attend these shows...expenses from travel, rooms, entertainment etc........one suggestion I would make is to move the event to another location. One suggestion would be the Mayfield, they have two large areas that could accomodate such an event. Yes there are many pro's and con's to moving the event but from a vendor to a potential customer coming to town a complete package is available.......rooms and event under one roof. Parking is free and to a degree somewhat limited. They have many banquet rooms that can house many different items such as a swap meet, beer gardens(LEXY biggest concern). One thing worth mentioning is ticket's could be cheaper as ticketmaster is out of the equation. I have organized many automotive industry trade shows at the Mayfield and have had over 200 booths and thousands of people attend the event. Moving the event to another location is a suggestion and does come with some risk. Is the Mayfield too small for the sled show? All depends what your customer want. Yes the big "4" can attend but hearing what is said in this thread is the customer's want the deals back......simply put invite only the vendors that will put on show specials plus introduce "NEW" product at the next show. If the vendors know ahead of time this is the concept and is advertised to the public as the BEST deals in town.......then the vendors have time to place orders and be proactive not reactive. If you need any help or need any contact information just let me know. I would be glad to help.

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they used to have the show at the mayfield inn, and they also had the swap meet back then.... and it also seemed to be more catered to the actual ASA club rather than just the big 4 tryin to sell their new sleds, i thought is was better back then, more deals to be had and more of the little guy booths making up the show.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The whole reason i go to the show is for the deals, to buy my trail passes and see new product. This year i walked out with my passes and some s&m gear. I was really hoping to find some gear for cheap but all i found was doo chit every where. Also if the the show moved from edm i don't belive i would go. Oh and i also like the idea of asa members getting in for cheap between parking, entrance fees , food, beer it gets a little costly.

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Howdy - quick question - what would you like to see at the Fall Snowmobile Show in Edmonton? Different features? More antiques? Fashion Shows?

Tell me what would make the show better for you!

Thanks!
The ASA Guy

I don't own a sled, but I've been to the snowmobile show every year for probably the last 10yrs. In my opinion, the concept of a fashion show is a joke. A person who is into snowmobiling for the fashion, who wants their jacket to match their helmet and their cowel should be staying in the mall with the accessories. I understand the need to bring new technology to the light. As far as the antiques. I don't imagine too many people go with that as their first priority to see them. With all my experiences I would like to see something more interactive. Set something up for people to find a dummy buried in a heap of snow with avalanche probes. Have a competition for people to dig for the dummy with the tiny shovels. Show how the becons transmitters and recievers work. A pamphlet isn't very exciting. Let people experience the crushing force of an avalanche and show the difference that an ava-lung can make. Or something to demonstrate the boyancy of the backpack with the red airbags. Or a tutorial on how to stud a track. I think most sledders are a competitive breed. Have a challange to take apart, change & re-assemble a certain component. Head to head with someone else. And of course most importantly to showcase the absolute frankensteins of over powered sleds. Big turbos and NOS. Those are they type of things that would get me excited, running around like a kid on a sugar high at disney land.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Parts swap
Used sled section
Feature stage where vendors can book time to talk about/demo their products to the crowd....Like they do at the auto shows. I would imagine the manufacturers would like to show vids and talk about products and have new sled/quad reveals in front a big crowd instead of 1 on 1 300 times a day. When they draw down for the Sun snowmobile they get a good crowd around might make it more convenient for other draws as well.

More girls less clothes ;)

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
More beer,less walking

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom