Edmonton Snowmobile Show

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
more representation of aftermarket product like others have said..

more product at the show instead of always samples.. hurts to spend a few grand and walk out the door with a toque LOL mods

how about more deals? seems the last few years the prices arent much of deals anymore?? not worth driving 4.5hours and taking time off work if i can call the monday after and get same thing same price :s

jmo

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Not sure if it's an option but I'd look at dropping Ticketmaster as ticket provider.

I'm told they are not cheap to use and then every ticket has a "surcharge" just seems that that money could be better used by the ASA and CAC...

Just make tickets available thru vendors and at the door....

I understand that the show is the big fundraiser for the ASA but I do find it difficult to accept that we have to pay to get into a show where we are going to spend buckets of cash on vendor mechandise.

I know that thread has been done and I've heard all the supporting arguements, just seems dumb to have to pay to shop.

And seeing as we are paying to get in then I agree it should be spread out more, there are other halls available at Northlands so the asles could be widened and the booths spread out more...

I like the under 12 free, that needs to stay

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
agree with bogger even though most of the shows nowadays u gotta pay to get in

most people wouldnt mind that if u can find some good deals inside kinda missed that this year though

had some good deals on big items (tracks for example) but how many people really go to the show looking for a track ?

stuff like billet accesories , bags, wraps should be set to really good prices and u wouldnt be surprised to maybe be sold out before the show ends

food and drinks pricing seams a bit over the edge for what ure getting in the end and made alot of peeps prety unhappy due to the fact it just seams like all they want is ure money without u being satisfied in the end

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'd like to see the swap meet come back, where guys could rent the tables and get rid of the stuff thats been cluttering up the garage....

Jemeda11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3.5 hour drive $160 in fuel (both ways)
$100.00 a night cheap hotel. $200.00
Food at show $100 wheew
admission $40
Looking for nic nacks and special deals....priceless

agree with everyone need more suppliers and more special deals... Great show look forward to it every year.

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really need the beer gardens set up near my booth as last year only got to go twice for one beer each time.......just sayin.....:eek::d:d:d

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
And by the time you walk a mile back to the show you were thirsty again!
really need the beer gardens set up near my booth as last year only got to go twice for one beer each time.......just sayin.....:eek::d:d:d

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

muffin

Reaction score
How about moving to Red Deer , join with what there is of a calgary show , add some grass drags , make the show bigger better , kinda like hay days in the US with swapmeet :d

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I been to haydays twice, its a redneck heaven! Unreal the amount of crap there, its over 40acres of sled stuff. Sure there is some real junk there, but I get a kick out of looking. Went to a sled show in Boise Idaho couple yrs ago. The big 4 really werent part of the show, it was mainly aftermarket stuff. Yes the oem had booths, jam packed of cool aftermarket things to look at & buy. I know they have more people, more $, etc. Its cool to see Diamond S support our show. Biggest thing I dont like is northlands, 15 to park, 15 bucks to get in, ticket booth totally in the wrong spot!.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And seeing as we are paying to get in then I agree it should be spread out more, there are other halls available at Northlands so the asles could be widened and the booths spread out more...

I like the under 12 free, that needs to stay[/QUOTE]

only problem with spreading it out would mean the vendors would have to flip the bill for using more area. Northlands charges the large for square footage.

muffin

Reaction score
maybe the asa could look into just how big a venue could be held at the western grounds in red deer it is rather large and being in a smaller city, likely cheaper than northlands and calgarys expensive ripoff place:beer:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More deals at the show needed, seems there are less bargains every year.:(
Still good to come out and see the new iron every year.:beer:
One Amsoil hottie per booth should be good enough...wouldn't want to over doo it:d:d

Syndicate Speed Shop

Reaction score
An organized swap meet would be great, maybe have the big 4 dyno some of their new iron...or maybe an on site custom sled build off, that people can buy tickets on and perhaps proceeds go to local charities like the childrens stollery....just an idea.

Keeperswilly

Reaction score
I agree with the guys about moving it to Red Deer. The Westerner grounds have a huge area, and more than likely cheaper than the bigger city's. Lots of hotels close, and a heck of a lot easier than driving into Edm or Calg. And it would be awesome to have one big show with grass drags n so on in a more central area as well. The Calgary show seems to be getting smaller every year, and there's bugger all to buy at it, don't even see the point of it. Was barely anyone comin through there when I went in. I was surprised that Chris Burandt and Brett Rassmusen where there though, doing their riding seminar thing. Was cool as hell to meet them. Funny they were there, especially with no advertising or anything, that anyone had seemed to hear about:confused: Would have made way more sense to have them at the Edmonton show.

Keeperswilly

Reaction score
Forgot to mention the brawds selling calendars in their panties, def need more of them scattered around the show:beer:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Here is my take from a vendors perspective:

We would rather see one big show rather than 2 as well. I would like to see the ASA run their own show rather than pay an outfit to do it. The Saskatchewan Snowmobile Association runs their own show why can't the ASA? It would mean more money in the ASA pocket which would benefit us all through programs and services.

As a small vendor I would like to see some negotiation on booth space pricing. Remember alot of us come from out of town and have huge expenses to get there.

If the ASA ran their own show maybe they could do special pricing if you attended both the Edmonton and Calgary show. When booth pricing is the same for both I can't afford to go to a much smaller show for the same dollars.

I understand fees to get into the show but add parking fees to it as well and it gets kinda ridiculous cost wise.

Jan

Last edited:

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only problem about moving it to Red Deer is that it would be more out of the way for us northerners. I make it a family event to go to the sled show in Edmonton, but Red Deer I would pass up. If you are thinking of making it "One Big Event," then toss the idea of having it in Edmonton one year and Calgary the next. JMO, don't shoot me.

But definately make it so vendors get a reasonable rate and waive the parking fees. They're paying out of their own pockets to be there, give them a break. More would show up then.

As for the ASA to run the show, is there a reason why they don't ASA guy?

Kruchy

Reaction score
Beer, food and hot half naked women, sounds like a dream world. It is a dream. We need more aftermarket vendors with some sort of deal on some stuff. While your at getting the vendors to put all of there stock on sale; try get the big four to have a big release of new sleds every year. :d:d:d Seriously, why go to the show when I can buy anything I need for the same price at home. As far as new iron, who knows if your brand or another is going to have something interesting to see. Most of these things are out of the ASA hands except for beer, food and hot half naked women. :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
move to red deer, 1 big show, do it earlier in year.
have a line at the door if you walk under it is free, like at the fair eh bogger?:d
more interaction, avalanche, sled builds, swap meet would be real good, more vendors, beer gardens or rest areas. better advertising, look what they do in Toronto. big crowds, big everything.

Top Bottom